Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Star Wars: Legacy" Returns In 2013

The "Star Wars" comic series set a century after the original trilogy returns next year as writers Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman expand the Skywalker bloodline with a new great-granddaughter for Han Solo and Leia Organa.

Full article here.

Good news, I think I'll be picking this up instead of the Wood series, I prefer a story that builds on the franchise, instead of just rehashing old stories.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I didn't expect this. I loved the first Legacy so I'll definitely check it out.

I wonder if this falls more as a reboot of Legacy rather than a prequel or sequel to it.

Either way, I'm so there!
    Last edited by C. Earl; 12-03-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

On Vacation

Wow I'm stoked about this series. However if this takes place during Cade Skywalkers era were the hell was she? I still want to see cade though and R2d2.

It's a pretty big galaxy, so her adventures could have taken place somewhere far removed from Cade's story. Maybe C-3PO is with this new girl.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I did not read the original legacy series, but think I might get in on the ground floor with this one. How are Wilkins' interiors, assuming he is going to be the series artist?

I wish them all the best of Luke, er, luck with this relaunch.

I'll pass for a couple of reasons

a) that it was a fluke I wound up enjoying Cade as much as I did (by and large, I'm not into reading exploits of Luke, Leia and Han past the original trilogy, including their descendants.)

and b) it's not John and Jan.

Outside of the Wheatley illustrated Dark Times series, I haven't pursued any SW EU material (comics or otherwise) unless it's by Ostrander and Duursema.

All that said, do something with Obi-Wan Kenobi specifically and I will definitely check into it.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    How are Wilkins' interiors, assuming he is going to be the series artist?
    per the article, Gabrial Hardman is the interior artist, and he's fantastic.

plus: Legacy is back

minus: no Ostrander and Duuresma

plus: Hardman is great

neutral: unfamiliar with the writer

plus: Nice cover art.

minus: not a continuation of the previous series? (maybe???)

curious: It was strongly hinted (but never confirmed) that Emperor Fel was the of the Solo lineage, will this be a cousin or other relative???

is that Zoe Deschnell on the cover???

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    per the article, Gabrial Hardman is the interior artist, and he's fantastic.
    Hmm, I cannot seem to find that. The article seems to indicate that Hardman is a writer on the title:

The publisher today revealed exclusively to CBR News that "Star Wars: Legacy" will return in the new year. Set over 100 years after the events of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, the newest iteration of the book will be written by Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman, best known for their well-received run on BOOM! Studios' "Planet of the Apes" comics. Dark Horse provided this first look at the cover to issue #1 by artist Dave Wilkins
    as well as the OP in this thread:

The "Star Wars" comic series set a century after the original trilogy returns next year as writers Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman expand the Skywalker bloodline with a new great-granddaughter for Han Solo and Leia Organa.
    I did not know Hardman was an artist, so maybe it's just a typo on CBRs part. :-)

Awesome, more Star Wars legacy comics!
    The only thing bothering me is that I always thought that the Fels were decendants of the Solos, seeing how Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel ( Imperial Head of State about 40 years after the movies)were together in the novels, last I read they were going to get married. But maybe that didn't happen.

Star War by Brian Wood was sweet enough, but this makes things even more awesome.

Well Jaina and Jag did get married in the last FOTJ book and upcoming Sword of the Jedi trilogy they are going to be main characters with other new generation character taking the lead from the Big Three. And Jag is no longer the Imperial Head of State but we know from Legacy that he was the first Fel Emperor.

Blastermaster and mesjarch are overlooking that Han Solo and Leia Organa already have one granddaughter. The lead character could be Jacen's granddaughter, not Jainia's. The article also doesn't say that the last name of the protagonist is Solo, Fel, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by steings View Post
    Blastermaster and mesjarch are overlooking that Han Solo and Leia Organa already have one granddaughter. The lead character could be Jacen's granddaughter, not Jainia's. The article also doesn't say that the last name of the protagonist is Solo, Fel, or something else.
    Good point. I wasn't thinking about it that way. I do wonder where this takes place in the timeline though. Having it be concurrent with the original Legacy series would lessen the stakes as we know what happens to Darth Krayt and his Sith Empire. I'd personally prefer for it to be post-Legacy, but not so much so that it would rule out an appearance by Cade at some point.

Well I didn't actually say anything about the new character, so I didn't overlook anything