Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Didn't like the jab at Aaron's new series early on in the review, and the reviewer does seem a bit overexcited about this series. But who knows, it could be good enough to justify a 10/10 review, only reading it will tell.

Still, I'm likely to check it out as there's only four books on my pull this week (all of which I'm really excited for though! Amazing Spider-Man, All-New X-Men, DD: End of Days and Storm Dogs) and I thoroughly enjoyed the few issues of Hickman's F4 that I read.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Funny, I thought Uncanny Avengers was going to be Marvel's flagship title...
    Guess they changed their minds.

Peace
    Brevoort already said months ago the vanilla Avengers title would be the flagship because that's traditionally the title the market gravitates to most (ignoring the books that sell better of course!).

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I haven't read Grant Morrison's JLA, so that means nothing to me.
    Not that much of a Morrison fan (love some, hate others) but it really is a GREAT read. It's certainly not the worst comparrision one can make.

Peace

Okay,okay,just 48 hours to go.You can do this,you can do th-GAH!

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    It was more Jonathan's Q& A thread that nudged me to try the first four issues. Funny, for someone isn't a team book fan, these are my favorite Marvel Now books (ANXM, FF and NA)...

If I like this beyond those 1st four, I have to trade wait. AoU is going to annihilate my budget as it is.
    LOL! Welcome to the team book side!

Hickman's definitely a cool dude.

Not that much of a Morrison fan (love some, hate others) but it really is a GREAT read. It's certainly not the worst comparrision one can make.

Peace
    I guess I think it'll be it's own thing.

I haven't read a lot of Morrison, but what I've read has always been trippy. That's not a bad thing, cause I certainly enjoy some trippy books, like Simon Spurrier's new X-MEN LEGACY, which is awesome. But I never got that feeling with Hickman's Marvel work. He deals with big ideas and issues, but there's always a sharp clarity to his work.
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Yeah i call this review bulls**t.I know it's gonna be good but the guy's clearly going fanboy.
    And what's with the smack at Aaron's Thor?We get it Newsarama you didnt like the new series.
    I knew it was a 10/10 before I even clicked....

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    I knew it was a 10/10 before I even clicked....
    The review went so full-on retard it made Kris Humpries look like a genius.
    Really,Thor's quip most likely made in jest is better than Aaron's entire work on Thor so far?Stay free.

Really went this drops I will be giving my first ever in depth review of a comicbook.Hopefully I can start the thread.I KNOW this is gonna be good but come on!This really marks the first time i see reviews in a completely subjective form.

Very excited for this. One of my most anticipated Marvel NOW! series.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Really went this drops I will be giving my first ever in depth review of a comicbook.Hopefully I can start the thread.I KNOW this is gonna be good but come on!This really marks the first time i see reviews in a completely subjective form.
    That will be cool. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Alright, alright. But that spoiler thread gave me the right to be mad!

Now let's talk about Hickman Avengers PLEASE!
    sigh

Any members look interesting to you?

Frankly I'm intrigued by the likes of Captain Universe and Smasher, basically all the d listers (in terms of how often they appear)

And I'm really excited to see these sub teams in action and what their purposes are. I'm so glad this is twice a month, it means we'll be getting to see whatever one groups up to in two months at a time! keeps things fresh.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Any members look interesting to you?

Frankly I'm intrigued by the likes of Captain Universe and Smasher, basically all the d listers (in terms of how often they appear)

And I'm really excited to see these sub teams in action and what their purposes are. I'm so glad this is twice a month, it means we'll be getting to see whatever one groups up to in two months at a time! keeps things fresh.
    To be honest? Not really. But who knows, maybe I'll get attached to someone. Just the general hype of how epic it's becoming is starting to get to me.

I wonder who Hickman will kill first?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Although the reviewer does seem a tad over excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    and the reviewer does seem a bit overexcited about this series
    I Remember a Time When Comic Fans got excited over things, and where not the pessimist they are today...... then the Clone Saga, Heros Reborn and Bendis Happened.
    I am just as excited as this guy but for the art alone, and the story seems awesome too. that said ive RARELY been Dissapointed as much as the tipical comic fan is.

Funny, I thought Uncanny Avengers was going to be Marvel's flagship title...
    Guess they changed their minds.
    Peace
    When Uncanny Avengers Ships in December and Oliver coipel becomes the Principle artist on it and cassiady is the back up, it will have premission to be the Flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I will say I think that review is utterly substanceless, as most of Newsarama's reviews have been.
    im not even sure what this means, the reviewer sure as hell is right about the Artwork, Opena and white CAN NOT dissapoint