Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 96
  1. #76
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    But the early posts in the thread only talked about this movie, not the other movies.
    Just going back the third post in the thread generalized about all 3 movies.

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Just going back the third post in the thread generalized about all 3 movies.
    And it touched on something that doesn't pertain to Nolan's trilogy.

  3. #78
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Just going back the third post in the thread generalized about all 3 movies.
    Well i can't speak for everyone.

  4. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Von Doom View Post
    That's the thing though, I don't think anyone has a problem with someone not liking a movie as much as they do it's when people feel compelled to constantly talk about a movie they don't like and like someone else said it's the snarky tone people always use when criticizing Nolan's movies. It's like we get it you thought the movie was boring, sucked, had bad pacing, too long, not "comic booky enough" (whatever that means) etc. I don't comment on films I don't like but people who don't like these movies talk about them almost nonstop. It's like eating food you claim doesn't taste good why keep eating it? I think the Avengers is overrated but I'm not going to go in every thread about the movie and keep talking about how overrated I thought it was, that'd be kinda obnoxious. But it seems on the internet you're a hipster trying to be cool if you think The Avengers wasn't the greatest film ever but it's ok when people bash TDKR. Pretty annoying double standard if you ask me.
    Pretty much. It's almost like there's something else behind all the hate. The nerdlingers doth protest too much, methinks :) Seriously, I pretty much avoid movies I didn't like. I don't see the point in rehashing the same hate. I liked Avengers, but there are some serious problems with the plot, but I don't go into every Avengers thread bashing it.

  5. #80
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,996

    Default

    I actually hold that my question, since i think i was the first, was legit.

  6. #81
    BATGOD Lex Von Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    1007 Mountain Drive
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Pretty much. It's almost like there's something else behind all the hate. The nerdlingers doth protest too much, methinks :) Seriously, I pretty much avoid movies I didn't like. I don't see the point in rehashing the same hate. I liked Avengers, but there are some serious problems with the plot, but I don't go into every Avengers thread bashing it.
    lol true it's like Helga from Hey Arnold, picking on Arnold so no one will know that she really liked him. Now of course not every one who criticizes Nolan's Batman trilogy secretly likes it or bashes it to be cool but like you said they seem to bash his films a little too much. Who knows some may secretly like the movies but to maintain their precious internet cool guy hipster rep they can't admit to liking something popular so they have to bash it instead. We all know if the movie was of the same quality but not as popular they wouldn't even care to discuss it.
    Last edited by Lex Von Doom; 12-04-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    "If anyone has a long face at my funeral, I'll never speak to them again"

  7. #82
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,996

    Default

    Why can't you ask about something you think is a flaw in a movie without hating it?
    I thought the first half of Avengers vs Xmen was the shits, i liked the second half, does that mean i hated the whole thing?

  8. #83
    BATGOD Lex Von Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    1007 Mountain Drive
    Posts
    623

    Default

    No but some people just dwell on the negative aspects of things, it's fine to point out flaws in something (it makes discussions here more interesting) it's just that some people will point out something's flaws but aren't willing to also point out any positives it had. Like I said I think Avengers was overrated but I still liked the movie and rather talk about the things I did like in it rather than what I didn't like about it. With people who constantly bash on Nolan you'll rarely hear them say anything remotely positive about his films, almost like they're afraid of saying something good about popular movies.
    Last edited by Lex Von Doom; 12-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    "If anyone has a long face at my funeral, I'll never speak to them again"

  9. #84
    Elder Member jesse_custer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    20,646

    Default

    I find it hilarious that just because someone makes a quip about The Dark Knight Rises that this person is somehow full of hate, as opposed to a bunch of idiots who threatened the lives of reviewers. The real hatred comes from certain Nolan fans; they can't take constructive criticism over something they didn't even create! It's pretty amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Thread was about an interview. The first four posts (two by you) were just making snarky comments that each one of you has made ad nauseum before. None of them had to do with the interview. Maybe if it wasn't several repeat offenders or if it didn't come off as blatantly bashing it wouldn't be so annoying to people. And yeah it went beyond mere criticism.
    Actually, I had never made a similar comment before this thread, and I was just playing along with the previous comments. I mean, how can "Dogpile!" be interpreted as serious in this context?

    And who gives a shit about yet another Nolan-on-Batman interview? If you do, you might want to discuss the interview rather than get offended by a few harmless comments.
    Last edited by jesse_custer; 12-05-2012 at 08:01 AM.

  10. #85
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I find it hilarious that just because someone makes a quip about The Dark Knight Rises that this person is somehow full of hate, as opposed to a bunch of idiots who threatened the lives of reviewers. The real hatred comes from certain Nolan fans; they can't take constructive criticism over something they didn't even create! It's pretty amazing.



    Actually, I had never made a similar comment before this thread, and I was just playing along with the previous comments. I mean, how can "Dogpile!" be interpreted as serious in this context?

    And who gives a shit about yet another Nolan-on-Batman interview? If you do, you might want to discuss the interview rather than get offended by a few harmless comments.
    Well if you don't care about the interview the next question to be posed would be why even click on the thread. And please don't use the straw man that because some Nolan fans acted obnoxious (no one was in any real danger, its the internet) that the other people are now justified because of it. There both acting foolishly. And most of the criticism in this thread has hardly been "contructive" it was snarky quips that came off as condescending and annoying.

  11. #86
    Elder Member The Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Otisburg, USA.
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I thought we were talking about the amount of criticism each director has received, not how silly the individual criticisms are.
    Honestly, that people call George Lucas "Luca$" is pretty indicative of who gets more and pettier criticism from the fan community.

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Honestly, that people call George Lucas "Luca$" is pretty indicative of who gets more and pettier criticism from the fan community.
    I call him Luca$ and think it's more than appropriate, especially after he unloaded the rights to his creation for megabux (when he already has megabux).

  13. #88
    Senior Member SephirothDZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Well if you don't care about the interview the next question to be posed would be why even click on the thread. And please don't use the straw man that because some Nolan fans acted obnoxious (no one was in any real danger, its the internet) that the other people are now justified because of it. There both acting foolishly. And most of the criticism in this thread has hardly been "contructive" it was snarky quips that came off as condescending and annoying.
    I've always found this silly, because the answer is always "because he can"
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

  14. #89
    Elder Member The Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Otisburg, USA.
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Well if you don't care about the interview the next question to be posed would be why even click on the thread. And please don't use the straw man that because some Nolan fans acted obnoxious (no one was in any real danger, its the internet) that the other people are now justified because of it. There both acting foolishly. And most of the criticism in this thread has hardly been "contructive" it was snarky quips that came off as condescending and annoying.
    Because the ensuing response is all but guaranteed to be entertaining. "Some men just want to watch the world burn" or something like that.

  15. #90
    Elder Member jesse_custer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    20,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Well if you don't care about the interview the next question to be posed would be why even click on the thread. And please don't use the straw man that because some Nolan fans acted obnoxious (no one was in any real danger, its the internet) that the other people are now justified because of it. There both acting foolishly. And most of the criticism in this thread has hardly been "contructive" it was snarky quips that came off as condescending and annoying.
    Yes, they were quips, which are inherently snarky ... so what? The issue here is your own sensitivity. Nothing else.

    I used the death threats as an example of something that actually involves hate. Just letting you know so that you can ponder it as you stay up late tonight.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •