Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Doesn't this month only have 4 Wednesadays? Or did I accidently pick up the Mayan variant?
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

It's also worth noting that comics always ship a couple of days later to the UK whenever there's a holiday, so even if FP (or any other comic shop) is open on Boxing day, I can't imagine it'll be on the shelves until Friday at the earliest. Unless that earlier suggestion about the earlier shipping for the issue is true, and applies to UK stores... Surely they wouldn't ship just ONE book all over the world?

To be honest, even if I was reading ASM, I can't say I'd be that fussed at having to wait a day or so. It's only a comic.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Boxing day is massive here in the UK, I feel for the OP. Just ask your LCS to be kind enough to keep it behind.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    It doesn't bother me personally, but I do sympathize with the OP and anyone else that this negatively affects. However, let me just offer one bit of solace:

It's going to affect that awful Coco! He's traveling to the North Pole or something (hopefully he gets lost) and won't be able to make it on Boxing Day!!!! I'm going to go to his LCS and buy every copy of the books he buys! He is just the worst!
    I SAW THIS!!!

Good luck getting every copy. I told my store to order 800 copies. That'll learn ya.

Actually that store I took you to the one time is having a big sale starting Boxing Day. You could probably get a good deal. If I was remotely interested in getting ASM #700 it would be a big win for me.

But as for the original poster... you know it's still going to be on sale after that day right? I can't imagine your store will run out.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    I wonder what will happen next year when Christmas falls on a Wednesday?
    They'll postpone Christmas. It's all about priorities.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

I find it really annoying. No idea if my store will be open or not, but even if it is they usually get their stock one or two days late if there's some sort of holiday (Christmas will likely do that) and then there's the fact I'm not going to be able to pay them a visit until at least the 28th or 29th, possibly not until the next Wednesday. Which also means I'm going to have to avoid spoilers for a bit.

I'd think about getting a digital copy so I can read it when it's released, but I'm not paying that high price multiple times (unless I'm getting any variants), especially if one will be digital so I'll feel I don't actually own it (plus I'll be getting a print copy anyway).

So really it's just one big inconvenience.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    They'll postpone Christmas. It's all about priorities.
    Sounds like a plan!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    It's also worth noting that comics always ship a couple of days later to the UK whenever there's a holiday, so even if FP (or any other comic shop) is open on Boxing day, I can't imagine it'll be on the shelves until Friday at the earliest. Unless that earlier suggestion about the earlier shipping for the issue is true, and applies to UK stores... Surely they wouldn't ship just ONE book all over the world?
    When Diamond announced the skip week back in September, they said selected items will be included in the Dec 19th shipment, to go on sale on 26th December. That's why there are so few comics scheduled to go on sale in the last week of December. Marvel has 2 books, and DC has 3.

I don't see any reason why overseas shops won't get copies of #700 the previous week, barring some technical hiccup. The comic will be ready, so it would make sense to ship it out. So chances are, shops will have it when they open after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Well you see, I don't wanna read it on a screen, it's just not the same.
    To be honest, its better. on a tablet anyway.

Keyboard Warrior Y The Last Nerd's Avatar

Technically, it doesn't come out on Boxing Day. Amazing #700 and Avenging #15.1 both ship to comic stores the week before on 19th Dec, with the understanding that shop owners do not make those books available to customers until the 26th. Now, what are the odds that SOME shops will give certain customers the chance to get the books early? I'd say chances are pretty good...

No idea how I'm going to get this. I'll probably buy digital and hope I can end 2012 with a hard copy in my hands.

R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don't pee in the (Dead)pool View Post
    Well you'll be so drunk.

I will be hiding from the crowds. Drunk.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Y The Last Nerd View Post
    Technically, it doesn't come out on Boxing Day. Amazing #700 and Avenging #15.1 both ship to comic stores the week before on 19th Dec, with the understanding that shop owners do not make those books available to customers until the 26th. Now, what are the odds that SOME shops will give certain customers the chance to get the books early? I'd say chances are pretty good...
    Something similar happened a few years back with Blackest Night. DC shipped copies to retailers early because of Christmas and some shops put it on sale the week before Christmas.

What's changed since then is that retailers now get their comics a day or two early, to on on sale on Wednesdays, and Diamond regularly police that. Marvel and Diamond would take a very dim view of retailers who put #700 out for sale early.

All moot to me, though. I subscribe, so I won't get my copy until the end of January (if I'm lucky)!

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Well you'll be so drunk.

I will be hiding from the crowds. Drunk.
    Unfortunately, I'll be sober. I'm working on Boxing Day.
    Not that I mind though, it's double pay and I get New Year's Eve and New Year's Day off instead. Then I'll be drunk.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013