Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

That's what the rest of the world gets for not being America.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I thought I read that the book will be shipping a week early, and it's up to the stores to keep them in the basement until the 26th...

So...

Quote Originally Posted by bluebottle View Post
    I thought I read that the book will be shipping a week early, and it's up to the stores to keep them in the basement until the 26th...

So...
    That's pretty much the case, but it won't be shipping with the December 19th comics, it will be a couple days after it.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Hopefully, they'll learn their lesson.

But more to the point, while I don't think Marvel is in love with the idea, Christmas falling on a Tuesday plays havoc with that week regardless of what they do.

my LCS will be open. A couple of years ago when no books shipped he stayed closed.

The only way I'll be annoyed is if my LCS isn't open.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    It screws up my holiday.

Christmas day my family and I are driving to my cousins house for dinner and to stay the night.
    It being Christmas day I'm going to be on the sauce and probably not feel my best when catching the only train leaving Southport the next day at 6:45am so I can get back to Manchester and the comic shop when they open, instead of having a relaxing morning at my cousins.

For months I had been hoping- 'please don't be boxing day, please don't be boxing day', and then- boom, tough titty Mr Nick. Urgh. Damn you Marvel.
    do you have any kind of relationship with your store? do they reserve books for you? maybe theyll let you pre pay for it and then you can call in on release and theyll read you the digital code? im assuming you have some kind of tablet or smart phone that can access that stuff.

It doesn't bother me personally, but I do sympathize with the OP and anyone else that this negatively affects. However, let me just offer one bit of solace:

It's going to affect that awful Coco! He's traveling to the North Pole or something (hopefully he gets lost) and won't be able to make it on Boxing Day!!!! I'm going to go to his LCS and buy every copy of the books he buys! He is just the worst!
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Okay. I just checked Marvels and DC:s homepage and nothing else of interest come out at december 26th than Amazing Spider-Man #700 (and maybe Avenging Spider-Man#15,1, depending on what I'll think of ASM). So the deck is cleared, it might even be a good thing that AMS comes out that week. Just please don't let me down now. Please let ASM # 700 be an issue that makes me want to read on with SSM! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Do you have the ability to purchase a digital copy? If so, that might be the best bet to get the story that day and you can always purchase a physical copy, if you choose, later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    do you have any kind of relationship with your store? do they reserve books for you? maybe theyll let you pre pay for it and then you can call in on release and theyll read you the digital code? im assuming you have some kind of tablet or smart phone that can access that stuff.
    Well you see, I don't wanna read it on a screen, it's just not the same.

As for getting a physical copy any later than the day it releases- not an option, as then I would not be able to hand pick the nicest looking copies off the shelf. They gotta have sharp corners and minimal spine creases you see.

But thanx for the suggestion guys.
    I'm gonna try and see if they'll sell me a few copies on Christmas eve, no one from the supplier will be coming round to do stock checks then. I doubt I'll get any joy tho.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 12-04-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    On the flip side your time zones are behind most of the rest of the world so for us getting it on time our time we'll steal a march on you.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Which shop do you buy from in Mancehester? I only saw Forbidden Planet when I was up there.
    They have a reservation service. The one in Cambridge get their delivery, put the copies in the reservation boxes, then put the rest out on the shelves. I've never had one with a spine crease or tatty corner
    'Before all hell breaks loose. Before the Hangman's noose. As the sun goes down, I'll say it's a good day to die'.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    What's the big deal then? This is sorta like a extra Christmas present to me
    Some shops don't open on Boxing Day so that may be why the OP is annoyed. Not sure if mine is but I can always ask tomorrow when I go in to buy this week's comics.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    But more to the point, while I don't think Marvel is in love with the idea, Christmas falling on a Tuesday plays havoc with that week regardless of what they do.
    I wonder what will happen next year when Christmas falls on a Wednesday?
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

That's an excellent point. Although I just realized that this month is further complicated by having five Wednesdays.