BANNED

Default Do you think Spidety would sell more than Avengers or Xmen......

If he had his own team of superheroes?

Also would Spidey be more noticed in the Marvel U if such of thing happened?

Nope, he's a loner, no sidekicks
    Only team he should be with is the Avengers
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I'd prefer him as a loner, not even an Avenger. Not sure if Superior Spider-Man would be an Avenger, but if he's not that's a good selling point to me. :-)

Nope. Watch Ultimate Spider-Man. And then you'll agree with me.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

No. The appeal of the Avengers is that it's the book with several of Marvel's biggest heroes. It has something for X-Men fans, Thor fans, Captain America fans, etc. That's why it sells so much.

A Spider-Man team book would only appeal to a subset of Spider-Man fans.

The X-Men is a similar story, as it's a team book with characters who could have solo titles (and some do). There are Wolverine fans, Storm fans, Cyclops fans, etc. Plus, the idea of a group fighting to protect a world that fears and hates them is pretty cool.

Spider-Man is primarily about an otherwise ordinary guy trying to balance his life as Peter Parker with his responsibility to use great power wisely. If you stick him on a team, it muddies the waters, as he could delegate responsibilities to others, and have a social life with people who know the truth about him.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A Spider-Man team book would only appeal to a subset of Spider-Man fans.
    And some fans of more members of the team
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I don't know how it would sell, exactly, but I would dig seeing the Outlaws again.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Thing is, Spider-Man makes the Avengers more popular, not the other way around. Marvel has to be careful not to spread him too thin, though, to avoid oversaturation. Another team book just with Spidey might be getting a little too much, imho.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

LETS GO SPIDER FORCE! ACTIVATE SPIDER CRYSTALS! COMBINE SPIDER BOTS!

It would be cool to see them all team up if there were some kind of non-stupid way to gather Spider-men from different times and universes for a new story plot every month. Amazing Spiderman, Scarletspiders (Ben, Kaine, and whevers still alive from the other ones), Miles Morales, Spidey2099, Spider-Girl (MC2), etc.

Wonder if they could just use that magic tablet from the videogame. But what kinda enemy requires a half dozen spider-men instead of the avengers or one of a million other teams that arent spiders? An evil spiderman? Spidercarnage again?

The only way I see Spidey being given his own team is if Marvel somehow found a way to turn internet whining into a clean fuel source. We'd be able to prevent the heat death of the universe at that point, but even then, the sales are probably going to be lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    And some fans of more members of the team
    If those characters are spinoffs of Spider-Man, there would be a lot of overlap between their fans and Spider-Man fans. Also, if characters aren't as well-known, they're not going to have much of a fan base.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?