Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^ You have something against me bro?

anyway i still disagree and unconvinced but i'll leave it at that.

but i'll leave it at that.
    Well that would be an interesting development.

[I](Message Deleted)I]
    Last edited by Rugal 3:16; 12-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Last edited by Rugal 3:16; Today at 04:35 AM.

I do therefore humbly offer it to public consideration that of the hundred and twenty thousand children already computed, twenty thousand may be reserved for breed, whereof only one-fourth part to be males; which is more than we allow to sheep, black cattle or swine; and my reason is, that these children are seldom the fruits of marriage, a circumstance not much regarded by our savages, therefore one male will be sufficient to serve four females. That the remaining hundred thousand may, at a year old, be offered in the sale to the persons of quality and fortune through the kingdom; always advising the mother to let them suck plentifully in the last month, so as to render them plump and fat for a good table. A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends; and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter.

-Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-05-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Basically he's "weak" to non-direct damage dealing magic. Soul rip? Works. Transmutation? Works. Powerful magical weapons? Works. Magical fireball that would kill a normal person? Not going to cut it. Blasts of pure magic? Going to need to pack some power behind them, more then what would be needed to take out a normal person. So a novice wizard from D&D casting magic missile at him probably isn't going to accomplish much. Though I'd wonder what a high level spell like horrid wilting would do to him.

Obviously it depends on the writer, but he has enough showings against direct damage magic not one shotting him to support it. Magical fire, lightning, poison, etc. He felt the heat from Etrigans magical fire, but it didn't actually burn him.
    I actually agree with this, Mind control spells would also fall under that category, about the magical fireball thing though i still feel it would do some damage but indeed not enough to kill him

but i guess editorial mandate does vary based on what's needed in the plot.

regardless I feel that superman should always be vulnerable to magic but never ESPECIALLY weak against it. (or that's how i would do it if i were a writer) again that maybe not the case but that's how i feel superman should be written.

for example in RPG elementals

normal humans say has Water Defense = 0
    Water based beings has Water Defense = + 5 (or something)
    But Fire beings has Water beings = - 5 (or something)

Humans are vulnerable but Fire beings are especially weak

I Feel (anyone can disagree) that if supes is to be written in a consistent fashion that it be this

Superman's Magical Defenses = 0

and NOT

Superman's Magical Defenses = -5 (or something)

This is just my opinion on how I think it would better illustrate the whole weakness/vulnerability thingie.
    Last edited by Rugal 3:16; 12-05-2012 at 02:11 AM.

That doesn't really explain why you feel all other class 100 bricks who don't, I at least assume you don't include them, have their powers come from magic, should also have to work like that.

regardless I feel that superman should always be vulnerable to magic but never ESPECIALLY weak against it.
    Further, if basically any transmutation spell would screw over Superman, for instance and since that's what you're saying you agree with, how is Superman not especially weak against magic, and really only able to handle it within the narrow frame of effect of generic style damage?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-05-2012 at 02:21 AM.

regardless I feel that superman should always be vulnerable to magic but never ESPECIALLY weak against it.
    again this is how i feel, you can disagree.

Why if you don't want to respond to questions on how you are building these views of yours, are you posting in a discussion thread, on a discussion board? They're just questions. Blogs with comments disabled are otherwise a thing that exists.

Rugal 3:16, I'm not sure why you've edited your post then claimed a moderator did it, but that sort of thing is out.

Do not post in this thread again.

Due to issues with you and Superman in the past, and this rather bizarre incident on this thread, you are also banned from discussing Superman on Rumbles.