Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Without.

With, the guy was fighting (and beating, from memory).... 3(?) heralds at once, including Terrax. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Without, as noted. With it he is well outside Terrax's pay grade, as it were
    Huh. Seems like Waters of Life Morg is the strongest of Heralds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Huh. Seems like Waters of Life Morg is the strongest of Heralds.
    Ish. The Destroyer Armor was a herald for a while, and the Fallen One seemed fairly oomphed.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Not necessarily.

Feats-wise (i.e. Rumbles terms), Surfer probably still has the edge. But I'm uncertain.

And fluff-wise, I'm not certain there isn't an assumption that The Fallen One is more powerful than any subsequent herald. But it's been a while since that Thanos series.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Ish. The Destroyer Armor was a herald for a while, and the Fallen One seemed fairly oomphed.
    Oh right, Destroyer Armour. Well, I suppose that'd be pretty tanked.

And I can't remember what the Fallen One did aside from being Thanos' tool.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Not a great deal. Thanos punked him out, but.... Thanos.

And when you're viewed as a legitimate threat in a story featuring Thanos and the post-some-retcons-but-pre-Bendis-retcon Beyonder.... you're somebody worth being wary of.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

It was all somewhat more implication than anything admittedly, yeah.

Well, didn't Worldbreaker Hulk beat Sentry, who slapped around Galactus in his own Mini (or has that all been retconned)? If still canon, then I'd have to give the fight to Worldbreaker Hulk.
    Peace.

Fun fact: Not everything that happens in comics counts on this forum, or Spiderman can beat Firelord.
    Furthermore when the hell did Sentry ever beat Galactus and who wrote this atrocity if it did?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltho08 View Post
    Well, didn't Worldbreaker Hulk beat Sentry, who slapped around Galactus in his own Mini (or has that all been retconned)? If still canon, then I'd have to give the fight to Worldbreaker Hulk.
    Peace.
    You have an interesting take on "they burned each other's powers out, then Bruce Banner punched out Robert Reynolds", and that second thing never actually happened, there was a single line mention that the Sentry "stalemated Galactus", which could have been anything or taken any form, we were never given any detail. Reed Richards once "stalemated Galactus" by bluffing him, for one thing. The assembled heroes of Earth managed a takedown on Galactus... who was starving and poisoned. Thor drove off Galactus... by having extra uninterrupted time to channel on a godblast potent enough that he had to externally brace Mjolnir and it would later be noted that Galactus was at low ebb. So it's a line without any elaboration.

That's before even touching anything else.

If still canon
    For something to be canon, it would have to happen in the first place.

Furthermore when the hell did Sentry ever beat Galactus and who wrote this atrocity if it did?
    Unless it was some later mini than his first one, never happened.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-04-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    To address the point of survival inside the event horizon made by Guy - speed alone wouldn't do it, since the relative force on your head and feet would be different enough to spagetti you even if you were moving quickly, unless you had some kind of power to have every molecule pushing itself with individual active force (not inertia - that wouldn't do it).
    I did have the caveat that the black hole would have to be large enough. (I have nowhere near the math required to tell how large that would actually be, though.) The larger the black hole, the larger its event horizon and the wider the distance gets from it to where a human would start noticing tidal effects. Once that distance breaches six feet (maybe a little less, since a difference of 1 G between the top and bottom of your body would be extremely uncomfortable and wreak havoc on your circulatory system, but it wouldn't be instantly fatal. Also, you could be angled parallel to the surface of the event horizon, in which case you'd only need maybe a foot) you're fine at the very edge.

Or you might be talking about the compression caused by trying to boost away against a force pulling you inwards at light speed. In that case, yeah, rocket boots aren't the answer. You'd want something accelerating all your molecules at the same time, which is presumably how a lot of comic book flyers like Superman and Terrax do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Has there ever been an in story reason as to why the heralds have wildly fluctuating power levels? Surfer doesn't need to use the PC to survive a black hole, but Terrax might of? Especially since IIRC Surfer prior to becoming a herald was just a normal dude, while Terrax had super powers. Giving them varying levels of durability seems counterproductive.
    I seem to remember the Surfer was able to survive in a black hole in his fight with Red Shift with some sort of device do-hickey, which I thought was dumb because other times, he hasn't required any such device. I'm sure I remember wrong. I'll have to see if I can find the issue.
    "Looks clear."

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    BTW - Crawford - nice sig. Kudos for your graciousness! I can't guarantee we'd have got the same sentiment from other parts of your continent. ;)
    They tend to let one-eyed hacks write our sports news.... near everyone else thought it was an amazing spectacle, even despite the loss! The next 6N will be interesting

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    I did have the caveat that the black hole would have to be large enough. (I have nowhere near the math required to tell how large that would actually be, though.) The larger the black hole, the larger its event horizon and the wider the distance gets from it to where a human would start noticing tidal effects. Once that distance breaches six feet (maybe a little less, since a difference of 1 G between the top and bottom of your body would be extremely uncomfortable and wreak havoc on your circulatory system, but it wouldn't be instantly fatal. Also, you could be angled parallel to the surface of the event horizon, in which case you'd only need maybe a foot) you're fine at the very edge.

Or you might be talking about the compression caused by trying to boost away against a force pulling you inwards at light speed. In that case, yeah, rocket boots aren't the answer. You'd want something accelerating all your molecules at the same time, which is presumably how a lot of comic book flyers like Superman and Terrax do it.
    Sounds fair to me! Yeah, I was talking about scenario 2, even in the case of the universe-sized black hole.

As for the Destroyer, I thought Big G kept it on it's lowest power setting when it was a herald?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.