View Poll Results: Do you read digital first Bat comics?

Voters
22. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I read all of them

2 9.09%
  • I read some of them

9 40.91%
  • I'll read them when they're in print

5 22.73%
  • I stick to other formats

5 22.73%
  • There's stuff besides the monthlies?

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've read all of the new LotDKs. I dont usually get them weekly though it's more of a digital binge where I'll catch up every once in a while. I do this with a lot of digital series' now, catch up them in binges. Ive probably tripled or even quadrupled my comics spending since Comixology, to the point I need to activity resist and save titles to buy from my LCS. (Another factor in this though is I've recently changed jobs and no longer work in city central which means it's not always easy to visit the LCS whenever I want now).

Quality on the new issues has been up and down but when they're strong they're pretty great. And they're just cool when you really want to read something.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I haven't tried any yet. I am probably buying too many comics now thanks to online availability and Comixology sales. They don't get as much publicity so I haven't been drawn in to check one out.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

After my move next year I think I want to keep getting print of Batgirl, Earth 2, Ame-Comi Girls, Doctor Who, and possibly BOP (depending on the incoming writer). The rest I could read all digitally as I throw those comics away after reading them (and I've said before I've tried to give them away to kids, but they turn their noses up to anything that isn't a hand held device anymore).
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I've been getting them when they come to print. So far, Arkham City: End Game has been one of the better Batman stories I've read since the New52 started. Really enjoyed that one.

They are all great. To be honest, I've been enjoying the various digital first series more than the regular Bat-books in a lot of cases. Especially while the regular Bat-books all get mired in a giant crossover I don't want to read. Like now.

I read ame-comi girls and arkham unhinged. Been thinking of picking up JLA beyond.

You don't need to know anything about the games to enjoy arkham unhinged.
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com

The only digital comic I'm reading at the moment is Li'l Gotham. In addition to LG I am also reading the Beyond books (Batman, Justice League and Superman) and Legends of the Dark Knight in print. It really wouldn't save me much money to go digital on those since I have a shop in town and since I'm already there to pick up other books I may as well pick those up to. Plus I'm old school with regard to comics and I like having a print version in my hands. In fact, I'll be buying the print version of Li'l Gotham when it happens even though I'll have already read it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 12-03-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Well I got a lot of Unhinged, and it's not really grabbing me - the art seems a little off in some stories (although it is pretty damn cool that they let new artists draw the Bat) and while the writing is generally good many of the plots are kind of throwaway (which is apparently not really Fridolfs' fault having read his blog, which is cool to check out). On the LOTDK side, not all of them are good, in art and writing, but...

I REALLY like End Game; I bought it in print and it can't get enough praise on my end for what it is and it's length. And I very much enjoyed Ben Templesmith and B. Clay Moore's 'Identity in Crisis' LOTDK arc, which was inventive and cool.

I guess I am more happy that these are coming out than I am about the overall quality level, because there is so much POTENTIAL there for cool things to happen, and some awesome stuff has already come out. So keep it coming and I'll keep reading.

And stk is right, these are a solid way to get a Batman fix when what's happening in the monthlies isn't doing it for you.
    Too broke for a pull list.

Yeah, they aren't the most compelling books story wise, but I like the concept of a $1 weekly comic, so i'll support ones I find decent enough, in hopes they get more attention and branch out more. I like that DC is at least taking an active digital role, whereas it seems like marvel just does the bare minimum to give the illusion they care.
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    And stk is right, these are a solid way to get a Batman fix when what's happening in the monthlies isn't doing it for you.
    I also appreciate the abbreviated lengths. I really enjoyed the original LODK series and have felt for a while now that it's absence was a gap that needed to be filled.

Not everyone wants to jump onto a sweeping 10-12 book story.

The new LODK, like the old one, has even featured some one and done stories.

Not every one is one you'll remember til your dying day, but overall the quality is good, and it's a nice place to give some different writers and artists a shot at Batman.

Sorry you didn't like Unhinged as much as I did. I enjoyed getting some back story on the Arkham City-verse, and it's characters and have really enjoyed it since Traviss took over with her Bookbinder story as well.

Currently only getting JLB, Li'l Gotham and occasionally LOTDK if the plot sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Sorry you didn't like Unhinged as much as I did. I enjoyed getting some back story on the Arkham City-verse, and it's characters and have really enjoyed it since Traviss took over with her Bookbinder story as well.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still reading it haha. I only meant that it's not blowing me away, which is how I'd describe Layman's Tec also, although both are certainly quality series. I'll catch up to the Traviss run eventually, and am looking forward to it.
    Too broke for a pull list.