Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Firstly, thanks for coming to the trenchs, Mr Hickman. For me, the core theme of your Fanatastic Four run was family, through all the awesome and epic moments it always shone through, and it was my favorite aspect of your writing. So with regards to New Avengers, what do you feel the core theme is, what drives your interest and passion for book?
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Will the books tie-in to Age of Ultron? If so, will you write the tie-ins?

Will we see GLBT representation on the team?

Are you carrying any characters over from F4/FF besides Black Panther and Spider-Man? Are you trying to write them similarly in Avengers?

Are there any characters you wanted to use but couldn't?

How long will it take before Superior Spider-Man affects this book? Will it be a quick change or a big deal? How does it feel to know the big secret?

Moving on from that, with FF and F4, you only had Spider-Man appearing in another book. Now, how do you deal with many of these characters having solo books, etc.?

Thanks, you're one of my favorite authors ever since I picked up some of your FF run at a signing in my LCS.

Mr Hickman, is there any particular music you listen too while writing? Anything you've specifically listened to a lot while writing Avengers?

WOw. Thanks for the time. From what I've gathered T'Challa was chosen by you as point man of NA even if he is not the leader. Why T'Challa?

Will the Avengers deal with any mutant villains like Apocalypse or Sinister or will that be left up to Uncanny? I like the addition of Cannonball and Sunspot. While relatively young, they have very good experience. But they're also what you might consider rebels of a sort. How well will they fit into the structure of the Avengers?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

It's nice to see some female powerhouses on the avengers, any chance of getting some Asian, black, and/or Hispanic powerhouses on the Avengers in the final 6? Powerhouses being Thor, Hulk, Hyperion, Captain universe, and captian marvel for example.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I just wanna say first off, thanks for doing this Mr. Hickman! Second, who is (are) your favorites Avenger(s) to write? Obviously this only applies to the characters that have been revealed. And I have another question: Will your book crossover with Young Avengers at any time in the near future? Thanks!
    Last edited by spiderman101010; 12-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

What was your favorite issue of Fantastic Four that you penciled?

can I ask you a second question and find out who is your favorite artist that you worked with?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Will we be able to read one or the other book (Avengers and New Avengers) and get a full story, or will the plots be crossing over between the books?
    You will absolutely not need to read both books to get a story, but, in fairness to those who buy both, you will absolutely get something extra from the story if you do read both.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Dear Mr. Hickman,

Will Avengers and New Avengers be predominately cosmic focus in its entirety or will it go into other areas like Magic or more Earth stuff?
    Ehhh, the two books are different so proportionality doesn't hold, but there's only 'some' cosmic stuff in the first 15 or so issues (which is all I have finished plotting as of tonight).

I could change my mind.

I could go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Does Steve still hold the position of top cop for the U.S. gov't and will the Avengers be more affiliated with the US or UN? Or will they cut ties?
    I guess. Avengers will 'work' in tandem with SHIELD.

As others have said, thanks for doing this.

We've all heard that you wanted to use Professor X on New Avengers but couldn't for obvious reasons and now you just mentioned Shulkie on Avengers. Any other characters you considered/wanted for Avengers but weren't able to use?

Also, how do you feel about Songbird? : )

(And this isn't really a question, but since I know you're reading this, I'd love to see Veda from Fraction's The Order. She was an interesting character with a unique power-set. Seemed like she'd be a great addition for the Avengers at some point.)

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Will there ever be an organization that truly rivals your Avengers team? By that I mean: is there any possibility that, say, the Masters of Evil (for instance) could rebuild and restructure itself enough to be a capable threat? One of the things I really enjoyed about DC( pre-new 52) was the way the Secret Society successfully reorganized itself from being the Justice League's tackling dummies into a true evil alternative to the good guys. With respect to Bendis and everything he accomplished, the Hood's gang and the Hydra/hand alliance never came across as anything more than mooks.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

How bad did you want magneto in new avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    If there's a spoiler-free way of answering this, what was your favorite New Universe concept? Also, what'd you think of newuniversal?
    I like Newuniversal a lot. No surprise, I like Warren a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Will you be using Vision at any point? If not, could you please consider it?

Cheers,

Klinton.
    Nope. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    Mr. Hickman,

Who'll be the biggest ''ass kicker'' in Avengers? Thor or Hulk? :]

Thanks.
    Hyperion.

Quote Originally Posted by JHickman View Post
    Nope. Sorry.
    Gutted. :(

I'm going to start pestering KSD to adopt him now.;)
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Thanks Mr. Hickman!

Now for the joke question:

If the Avengers went to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, who would end up the blueberry?
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 12-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.