Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JHickman View Post
    I'm really not sure what this means. Wouldn't everyone on the team be from this decade? Or do you mean 2000-2010?
    Sorry, I meant characters created those last 10 years.
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    What's your favorite version of Beast, in terms of appearance and characterization?
    I personally like the way Cat Beast looks best.

I like conflicted, but not whiny, Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    If the roster is going to rotate after an x amount of issues, what would you say the chances are that Hulk gets replaced with someone from the Hulk family?

Edit-
    HmmHmm
    Yeah, that's not really how it's going to work.

She-Hulk was originally going to be on the team with Hulk (boom), but what Matt is going to do is much, much better than I was going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Speaking of rotation, how about the artists. Is Opena coming back after Kubert/Weaver/Deodato Jr.?
    We're working all that out now. He'll be back no doubt, though.

Awesome of you to do this! I was curious; considering your famous far-in-advance plotting, can you say that there will be anything to look out for in earlier issues that pertain to overarching events?
    With great power comes great...aw heck with it, you know the drill.

Veteran Member

Why is it so hard to fit Monica Rambeau anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Is there a chance Sage or Emma Frost will appear in New Avengers?
    Will the smaller teams featured in the main Avengers series be the same every arc or will they change depending on the mission?
    Sage, no. Emma...who can say.

The teams will change. Significantly, as we go from 18-24.

Quote Originally Posted by randomlee26 View Post
    Thanks for doing this thread!

Will the book have an optimistic tone? I loved your Fantastic Four run because of all the heart and pathos.
    Avengers will be hopeful, optimistic and utopian. New Avengers won't. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    What works helped influence both titles? Do these influences interconnect, or are they entirely different?
    I can't really answer that now. Ask me down the road.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Any chance you'll bring back Sentry. If there is any writer i want to write his redemption, it's you.

My leaving was a bit more complicated than that. Yes, when it became obvious that I was getting Avengers, I needed to leave, but a bunch of that was also the Ultimates relaunch being swallowed alive by DC's New 52. There's more, but that's all inside baseball.

To answer your question, No. All of this is completely different. Except maybe one exception.
    Please be THE MAKER!

Mr. Hickman,m sir.
    If you could transpose one of the characters from the Ultimate Universe into the 616 Marvel Universe so you could utilize him or her in Avengers or New Avengers, who would that character be?
    thanks
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Okay Mr. Hickman I have even more questions:
    -The Avengers logo seems to be a grid with symbols representing each member.They all begin to spun out of the initial 6 and then spun again.Do the characters that spun from every section have anything to do with eachother or is it all random?
    -You said the team would split into 3 factions led by Cap,Tony and Carol.Can you say which character goes in which faction or is that too much of a spoiler?
    -Out of all the revealed members of your Avengers who is the overall strongest?Hyperion?Captain Universe?

Infinity gems you say Mr Hickman ?

Excellent. How long before we can have Adam Warlock back alive again then ?

Oh, and dead excited that Hyperion is showing up. If this run turns out to be anything like Avengers Forever (on either book) then I will be one very happy reader.

Assuming Adam Warlock is alive again that is

Avengers will be hopeful, optimistic and utopian. New Avengers won't. At all.
    How will your 2 Avengers books influence or work with eachother when then the tones are so different while sharing some of the same characters?

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Thank you for the answer, Mr Hickman.

And this just for fun:

Pet Avengers. Love 'em? Or don't care for them?
    There should be a cameo by them at some point.

What made you decide to go ahead with such a huge roster... twenty plus members is pretty intense?
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    What made you decide to add Beast to the NA roster?
    Uhhh, given the necessary story parameters, necessary tangential connectivity, and character availability, he was kind of the only choice.

But I'm okay with it -- it works.

Quote Originally Posted by LeandroMD View Post
    What kind of storytelling direction are you taking with each book: (1) a heavily structured style with profound plot planning like the one you used for your Fantastic Four run, or (2) a more loose, adaptative style like the one you are apparently following with Manhattan Projects?
    This is the first. It's the only way to do two connecting flagship books that drive a franchise like Avengers on the time table that we have.

I'll do more of the latter with Marvel stuff when I'm done with Avengers in a few years.

Thanks for doing this, Mr. Hickman. I'm happy to know that Cannonball and Sunspot will be on the team.

Were any other New Mutants characters considered for Avengers membership? I would have loved it if Magma joined along with Sam and Berto.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison