Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Hello Mr. Hickman! I was wondering how new-reader friendly Avengers and NA will be. Just reading the preview, there seems to be a lot of continuity and characters I have no idea about. Will they be getting proper and new-reader friendly introductions?
    It's all there. You won't need to have read anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Yes, you made that pretty clear in your FF. I'm not so sure about it being a good person way. She definitely takes advantage of him and she wasn't very happy to see Emma around Namor. Which reminds me ...

1. There was some debate here over who was the 'love' Namor was doing it for in this scene. Some think Emma, some think Sue, and I tend to think Namor meant _both_ of them, because yes, his cojones are that big. Which WOMAN was he referring to?

Interesting. I'd have reversed that order, based in part on Priest's Panther in Sturm and Drang, Namor's ability to repeatedly ally with Doom and break even, if not come out a little ahead, and being consistently able to move between the hero and villain camps, as we saw with the Cabal, but, of course, I'm biased.

2. Which reminds me, are the Atlantean Fifth Columns Namor placed in various countries of the surface world, after Iron Man's invasion and the destruction of Atlantis, still in play?

3. Did Namor move his Atlantean Army out of Latveria before Balder's Asgardians arrived?

4. Is the oil rich Middle Eastern country of Mazikhandar, that Namor made an Atlantean protectorate in Austen's Once An Invader arc, still under Atlantean control?
    1. I'll leave it up to you guys. It's more fun that way.
    2. I would think so. Yes.
    3. Uhhhh, no idea. Ask Tom.
    4. No idea. Brevoort it on formspring.

Hi Jonathon.

If you wanted to, are you allowed to use any of the characters marvel acquired from Malibu comics?

Quote Originally Posted by pablovester View Post
    Hello Mr. Hickman

I just have one question and I would be profoundly thankful if you answer it. What would you tell to new readers - those who are chosing Marvel NOW as his starting point? What does your Avengers book have to offer to them? And what would you tell to those readers who are coming back? Those have abandoned their books for some time but are willing to get back to this "world" with your Avengers book.

Thank you and good luck with this new book which I'm having all my hopes on it.
    What does the book have to offer? I dunno, it's ambitious. The art is pretty.

I'm terrible at self-promotion.

Buy it if you want to, don't if you don't.

I want you to want me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    Hello Mr. Hickman! First I would like to congratulate you for your excellent work. You're one of my favorite writers and exerts its function very well! His Fantastic Four is exceptional as well as FF. Loved also SHIELD, Secret Warriors and Ultimates.

Now, starting with the questions:

1) Your Avengers and New Avengers have some relationship with Uncanny Avengers?

2) New Avengers will be called the Illuminati?

3) The members will continue with the possession of the gems of the infinite?

4) Do you have any plans for the Original Human Torch?

5) In New Avengers you want to work with the side which each character represents? Example: Atlantis with Namor, Black Bolt with the Inhumans, with Strange Magic, etc.
    1. Not really.
    2. The book is New Avengers starring the Illuminati. They don't call themselves anything.
    3. They have the gems.
    4. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Interesting. So She-Hulk, Elektra, and Stingray have all been mentioned in various places as almost making it... anyone else you can mention that almost made the team, Mr. Hickman?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The Five Year Gap Legion...seriously? I've lost all respect for you. Well, no not really. It was a pretty good run. Stuart Immomen on art. Hm. Yeah, ok.
    This reads like season 1 Seth from the OC.

I don't know why that popped into my head.

BANNED

Sorry to be greedy but one last question.

Any plans to work with Nick Dragotta again? I love his art.

Quote Originally Posted by rellum View Post
    Hi, Mr. Hickman. Thanks for answering all of our questions. Its been awesome (and quite hilarious at times) to read your responses. I have a two part question for you. Do you know what has caused the boom of practically all NOW! series' #1 to have a Skotty Young baby variant? And how do you feel about his Avengers cover showing the team going for a cookie jar?

PS. I think his covers are absolutely hilarious.
    People love Skottie. Myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Velrono View Post
    Is anything likely to happen with Nova (Richard Rider) in your Avengers (as you mentioned some space stuff would be appearing) or anywhere?

Thank you for being awesome for fans!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Mr. Hickman,

Hypothetically, if you were on Spider-Man, would you consider bringing Gwen back? I prefer her to Mary Jane as she is his intellectual equal. Unlike many of the Marvel higher-ups I see her death as unnecessary and not essential to the growth of Peter Parker's character. And personally, I think Marvel could make a lot of great stories with her.
    I've honestly never thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Me again Mr. Hickman, did Tony create the new suits for Falcon, Shang Chi, Cannonball and Sunspot?

Also I noticed Redwing seems to be missing in action, is Falcon so awsome now that he no longer needs the extra pair of eyes?
    On both, read and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hi Jonathon.

If you wanted to, are you allowed to use any of the characters marvel acquired from Malibu comics?
    Nope.

I've asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Sorry to be greedy but one last question.

Any plans to work with Nick Dragotta again? I love his art.
    EAST of WEST. Out from Image comics in March.

It's going to be killer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JHickman View Post
    EAST of WEST. Out from Image comics in March.

It's going to be killer.
    Oh shit, how'd I miss that? Thanks again.

Hello Mr. Hickman.

1. Will Wakanda be fleshed out and play a major role in NA besides being the group's base?

2. How much more formidable will King Of The Dead Tchalla be compared to pre KOTD Tchalla?

Thank you for your time.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    No questions, just saying thanks for taking the time to come to the boards and answer some questions. From the answers you've given, I think alot of people are going to be quite satisfied.
    Ditto!

Muchly appreciated, and THANK YOU! Can't wait to pick up both Avengers books!

I really didn't want to divert this thread anymore, but you brought up the Giffen Legion, so...

I don't know what "season one seth from the OC" means, I'm going to assume it's a reference to the gnostic sect of Sethians centering around the 3rd son of Adam (OC stands for Original Creator, yes?).

While I don't see the relevance and/or comparison, the fact remains; the 5 Years Later/Gap Legion was the most ambitious, savvy, challenging and conceptually dense Legion we've ever had. It is a flawed masterpiece thanks to all kinds of outside interference and behind the scenes tomfoolery (generally dictated by how much involvement Giffen had in any given issue), but it was one of the few post-Watchmen books that sought to apply the rigorous structural and intellectual principles upon which Watchmen was truly built.

And the art, by god the art. This was technically from the run that just preceded it, but the general style remained unchanged, and it's brilliant: http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blog...te-things.html

AHHH.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Sure. It was supposed to be Franklin and Hope.
    Cool. Whether it's the mainstream Marvel U or a parallel one, Franklin always seems to always end up with a spunky redhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    Hello Mr. Hickman.

1. Will Wakanda be fleshed out and play a major role in NA besides being the group's base?

2. How much more formidable will King Of The Dead Tchalla be compared to pre KOTD Tchalla?

Thank you for your time.
    1. Maybe.

2. More.

Okay. That's it, guys.

Hope you all had fun, learned something, and to the lovely lady who direct messaged me the naked picture of herself...THANK YOU.

Avengers #1 out tomorrow, New Avengers out in January.

Assemble at dawn, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I really didn't want to divert this thread anymore, but you brought up the Giffen Legion, so...

I don't know what "season one seth from the OC" means, I'm going to assume it's a reference to the gnostic sect of Sethians centering around the 3rd son of Adam (OC stands for Original Creator, yes?).

While I don't see the relevance and/or comparison, the fact remains; the 5 Years Later/Gap Legion was the most ambitious, savvy, challenging and conceptually dense Legion we've ever had. It is a flawed masterpiece thanks to all kinds of outside interference and behind the scenes tomfoolery (generally dictated by how much involvement Giffen had in any given issue), but it was one of the few post-Watchmen books that sought to apply the rigorous structural and intellectual principles upon which Watchmen was truly built.

And the art, by god the art. This was technically from the run that just preceded it, but the general style remained unchanged, and it's brilliant: http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blog...te-things.html

AHHH.
    Pretty sure he meant the show The OC. I only remember it cause of the Dear Sister season 2 ending.

Okay. That's it, guys.

Hope you all had fun, learned something, and to the lovely lady who direct messaged me the naked picture of herself...THANK YOU.

Avengers #1 out tomorrow, New Avengers out in January.

Assemble at dawn, kids.
    Thanks for your time good sir, eagerly anticipating tomorrow morning, and even more eager for January!