Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Avengers: Jonathan Hickman Q+A

Okay, as promised in various places, here's a thread where you guys can ask me whatever you want regarding the Avengers / New Avengers relaunch.

I'm not sure how long we'll let this run, but it definitely will end before AVENGERS #1 is out Wednesday.

I only have a couple of requests:

1. Don't expect answers to questions that are spoiler-related. I'll just let them fly right by.
    2. Let's leave the back-and-forth between posters on matters they agree and disagree with in other threads.
    3. Be patient. I'm busy and I'll do as much of this as I can.
    4. Don't be disrespectful of my peers. That's probably the quickest way for this to get shut down.
    5. Don't expect me to take every question seriously.
    6. Let's have good manners.

And with that, fire away.

JH

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by JHickman View Post
    Okay, as promised in various places, here's a thread where you guys can ask me whatever you want regarding the Avengers / New Avengers relaunch.

I'm not sure how long we'll let this run, but it definitely will end before AVENGERS #1 is out Wednesday.

I only have a couple of requests:

1. Don't expect answers to questions that are spoiler-related. I'll just let them fly right by.
    2. Let's leave the back-and-forth between posters on matters they agree and disagree with in other threads.
    3. Be patient. I'm busy and I'll do as much of this as I can.
    4. Don't be disrespectful of my peers. That's probably the quickest way for this to get shut down.
    5. Don't expect me to take every question seriously.
    6. Let's have good manners.

And with that, fire away.

JH
    Is the new universe connecting with your series?
    Last edited by sage6paths; 12-02-2012 at 03:45 PM.

You left some books such as Ultimate Marvel to have more time and preparation to work on the relaunch of Avengers/New Avengers, do you plan to use some of your unused ideas of Ultimates in your Avengers/New Avengers series?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Would you say your choice of roster affects story, or your story affects your roster choice?

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Good evening, Mr. Hickman...T'Challa turned down admission into the initial Illuminati yet he seems to be the one spearheading this reformation in New Avengers, how much different and in wot ways is your version a departure from Bendis'?
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

What's your favorite 616 character?

It's probably too early to answer this, but do you expect (the payoff to) your bigger plotlines to be turned into events instead of being part of the regular Avengers/New Avengers books?

Do you plan to have Avengers following an elongated, complex narrative similar to your run on FF, or will it be more along the lines of shorter, self-contained story-lines that occur within three to six issues at a time?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Are you going to have Banner and Stark interacting like in Avengers Assembled by KSD?

I don't know if you can answer this, but when did Green Hulk arrive in Stark Tower? Before or after Wasp came back, and why didn't she see him, if Banner was back?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Oh wow Thank you so much Mr. Hickman for taking your time to interact with us fans!
    I guess one of my questions would be that due to the fact that we already have previews up to even issue #10 of Avengers I have to wonder just how many scripts have you already written and have been aproved by Marvel?The amount of work that's seems to have been put into this series seems staggering.

Hello, Mr Hickman.
    Besides the characters you created (like Eden) or will create, do you plan to use characters from the last decade?
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to do this Mr. Hickman. I'm caught with my pants down, and have no immediate questions, but I'm sure I'll think ... oh wait... can we ask stuff that's not Avengers / New Avengers related, directly?

1. Cause I just saw part of a Bendis script for one of the Illuminati books. He wrote that "Reed's pretty sure Namor slept with his girlfriend Sue." Is that your take on Namor and Sue's relationship?

2. Chuck Dixon penned the iconic Nekkid Dr. Doom Wrestling a Lion. Do you think you could top such a scene with Doom? And could it occur in the New Avengers? Please!
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Hello Mr H and thanks for the Q&A thread.

Will we see the initial threat that T'Challa is concerned about that was hinted at back in your FF arc or is there a build up in the beginning leading to that? Also will the Infinity Gems play a bigger role here than in the last Illuminati series?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Grand Poisonous Catcher Baron Zemo's Avatar

Jonathan how much have the movie portrayals influenced how you wrote the six movie Avengers?
    Squad Level: 1150+
    Maxing: Ben Reilly Spider-Man and Avengers Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Is the new universe connecting with your series?
    This is a good example of a question I won't answer, guys. Reads as: Tell me a spoiler.

I've always liked that promo a lot though.