Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Avengers #1 *Advance Reviews*

Here is a Early review for John Hickman's the Avengers #1

NEWSARMA - http://www.newsarama.com/comics/aven...ts-review.html

"the flagship book of the Marvel Universe is finally upon us, and believe me when I say that it doesn't just meet expectations — it shatters them"

Any other early reviews feel free to post up

10/10 Jesus! Roll on wednesday!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I think by tomorrow we should have early reviews from the biggest sites.

This review is exceedingly positive though. I know it will be good, but that good? Only a proper read through will determine that for me.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Good review.

Although the reviewer does seem a tad over excited.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

It reflects my own excitement.

Very pumped for this, on every level. Not only do I think this is a perfect book/direction for Hickman, but I also think he does some of the best starting arcs in the business; his first arc on Fantastic Four proper was my favorite of his run and ranks as one of my favorite FF stories of all time, along with a handful of Waid's and Simonson's and Kirby's.

Really looking forward to getting, essentially, a Marvel version of Grant Morrison's JLA (not to be overly reductivist).

Right now, this, New Avengers and Young Avengers are the only books I'm really looking forward to, after having been disappointed by a number of the Marvel NOW launches.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Dangit, now I'm getting caught up in the hype! Guess I have to buy it now!

Yeah i call this review bulls**t.I know it's gonna be good but the guy's clearly going fanboy.
    And what's with the smack at Aaron's Thor?We get it Newsarama you didnt like the new series.

Damn!, I can't wait!

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

It was more Jonathan's Q& A thread that nudged me to try the first four issues. Funny, for someone isn't a team book fan, these are my favorite Marvel Now books (ANXM, FF and NA)...

If I like this beyond those 1st four, I have to trade wait. AoU is going to annihilate my budget as it is.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    It reflects my own excitement.

Very pumped for this, on every level. Not only do I think this is a perfect book/direction for Hickman, but I also think he does some of the best starting arcs in the business; his first arc on Fantastic Four proper was my favorite of his run and ranks as one of my favorite FF stories of all time, along with a handful of Waid's and Simonson's and Kirby's.

Really looking forward to getting, essentially, a Marvel version of Grant Morrison's JLA (not to be overly reductivist).

Right now, this, New Avengers and Young Avengers are the only books I'm really looking forward to, after having been disappointed by a number of the Marvel NOW launches.
    I haven't read Grant Morrison's JLA, so that means nothing to me. I HAVE read various Avengers run since Roy Thomas', Hickman's Secret Warriors and FF/F4 and Bendis' Illuminati, so that's what I'm really looking forward to. Hickman's great take on a great Marvel team and a really cool idea by Bendis that I think is right in Hickman's wheelhouse.

So excited for these books! They were what I've most been looking forward to in Marvel NOW, and it looks like they aren't going to disappoint.

Funny, I thought Uncanny Avengers was going to be Marvel's flagship title...
    Guess they changed their minds.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Funny, I thought Uncanny Avengers was going to be Marvel's flagship title...
    Guess they changed their minds.

Peace
    Actually Uncanny Avengers is the Marvel NOW! Flagship.Avengers is the Flagship of the entire company.

That review makes me even more excited !! Would have been great if Avengers #1 had much more covers by Marvel Greatest Artist (Coipel , Cassaday , Kubert , Leinil Yu , Immonen , Bagley , Allred ...)

I will say I think that review is utterly substanceless, as most of Newsarama's reviews have been.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Sounds fun