Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glory #30

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Default Glory #30

I can't believe there's no thread for this. This book is amazing. From the Fantomas homage to the ridiculously brutal battle scene outside a French boudoir house, right down to the awesome fashion on my favorite character Gloria.

Please tell me it's not ending in a few issues! :(

So far there has been no mentioning of cancellation that I've heard about... and yes, it is a good series... even amazing in some ways.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

All the extreme books are getting new writers and artists in the new year.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

A very rude... gentleman darthnat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pil View Post
    So far there has been no mentioning of cancellation that I've heard about... and yes, it is a good series... even amazing in some ways.
    It's actually ending with #34, given that #33 is solicited as the "penultimate issue." Both the creators have confirmed that it'll be ending as well, sadly enough.

Though didnt it say Keatinge and Campbells penultimate issue? Implying that a new team could take over.

Although they had stated that the price increase was to avoid cancellation so the future doesnt look too good. :(

I don't think the book sells well enough to be continued, unfortunately. The price increase was just so they could get to the ending they wanted without the book being cut short prematurely.

And so much of the appeal of the book has been Campbell's unique art, so I can't imagine the book continuing without him. Or at least not this version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by darthnat View Post
    It's actually ending with #34, given that #33 is solicited as the "penultimate issue." Both the creators have confirmed that it'll be ending as well, sadly enough.
    Where did you see that? The Image solicitation for February 2013 says "The penultimate issue of ROSS CAMPBELL and JOE KEATINGE ‘s GLORY saga ties threads together from its very beginning amidst the most brutal war Glory has ever fought.", but that may just as well mean a new creative team. Bloodstrike and Supreme will also get new creative teams.

Campbell has talked about it a bit on his deviantart and said that it's ending due to low sales, which seems to imply that it's not going to continue to me. I guess they could get a new team, but it'd surprise me. The Glory relaunch has been pretty intricately tied to Keatinge and Campbell's vision for the character, so I'm not sure I could imagine someone picking it up after they leave. Unless they relaunch it again with a new vision.

It should end with Keating and Campell and not continue. Same with Supreme.

If i could get my hands on the last issue, its always late or not avaiable here...grrrr

It appears to be ending, and that is a shame, although I know that many of the people who did enjoy the earlier incarnation of Glory were unwilling or unable to adapt, in particular, to Campbell's distinct visual style. I don't think anyone else at my LCS was reading it, and I was only able to introduce a few people to the title.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

WTF

Seriously? It's really frustrating but of course....the same things that make it stand out and make it great are the things typical comic fans don't care for. Come January there will be seven Avengers books.

They should relaunch the book as the uncanny avenging x-glory

I wonder if Prophet will follow, and Supreme after Larsens departure...

I hope prophet keeps the same creative team, at least. Or at least just keeps Graham.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sonicx1977 View Post
    I wonder if Prophet will follow, and Supreme after Larsens departure...
    Strangely enough Prophet appears to be the only one of the Extreme books that is on top 300 for sales. While the numbers aren't impressive, the estimated sales for October is almost 6000 issues (and much to my surprise selling more that Darkness). My best guess is that Prophet is the Extreme series most likely to continue.