Page 91 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2877

Has it been said what weapons Hippolyta will use? Most of the godly characters have signature weapons (even Herc, though he always preferred to use his fists when he was powered up), and I'd be very surprised if the leader of the Amazons didn't have one as well. I'd love to see her with a spear myself, though I wonder if Cullen Bunn is just gonna make her the brawler of the group.

I'd like to see a spear, or another ranged weapon. Or a whip that she can use to bind her foes and force them into truthful confessions...

I think you're on to something with the last weapon. Maybe making the whip gold...no, we can do better than that. How about instead of whip, it's some kind of rope, or lasso?

No, but maybe it would be even better if she doesn't have one weapon but has an entire ARSENAL of weapons? She is supposed to be called Warrior Woman, and apparently she is Ares' (ARES, come back you magnificent son of a bitch!) daughter, so it wouldn't be so surprising. Like father, like daughter.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I'd like to see a spear, or another ranged weapon. Or a whip that she can use to bind her foes and force them into truthful confessions...
    spear of truth sounds uncomfortable
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by MadDokta View Post
    I think you're on to something with the last weapon. Maybe making the whip gold...no, we can do better than that. How about instead of whip, it's some kind of rope, or lasso?

No, but maybe it would be even better if she doesn't have one weapon but has an entire ARSENAL of weapons? She is supposed to be called Warrior Woman, and apparently she is Ares' (ARES, come back you magnificent son of a bitch!) daughter, so it wouldn't be so surprising. Like father, like daughter.
    I think I would love it if she actually a different outlandish weapon for varying situations each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Maybe, but think of all the money saved on proctologist visits...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Actually sounds very effective. Stab them enough and the truth will come out sooner or later...as long as they don't bleed to death first.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDokta View Post
    Actually sounds very effective. Stab them enough and the truth will come out sooner or later...as long as they don't bleed to death first.
    Ha, I love how we went in two entirely different directions with that...but yes, I supposed being stabbed would be a great incentive to tell the truth.

Ha, I love how we went in two entirely different directions with that...but yes, I supposed being stabbed would be a great incentive to tell the truth.
    Well, I didn't feel like being cheeky, though I'm sure your version of the Spear of Truth is far more effective (and horrifying than mine)

You were right earlier. The Winter Guard did turn up alive in a recent Secret Avengers issue. Two points regarding the "dying" shtick: 1)It's a very recent phenomenon, not at all historically representative of the characters, 2)It was easier to stomach because the various versions dying were largely heretofore unknowns replacing the original characters. David Gallaher's entertaining mini-series used that premise as a way to restore the original Soviet Super-Soldiers team (Vanguard, Darkstar I, Ursa Major and their Crimson Dynamo) albeit with changes to their status quo (Vanguard in the Red Guardian costume, Laynia's consciousness in a Dire Wraith body, etc...). Those characters have been around for the better part of four decades and I agree should not be used as cheap shot cannon fodder. Although to be fair to Dan Slott (a talented writer), he really has no track record of being callously dismissive of long-time characters, unlike certain other writers (Bendis, Millar, even Brubaker to some extent). Given the entertaining prospect of a superheroine "army" showing up soon in Fearless Defenders, hopefully Darkstar is among the heroines putting in an appearance.

And if not, then there's always replacement teams at the ready (It's kinda the Winter Guard's shtick). But if Slott really did just kill them so callously in one panel without anyone else ever referencing it again, then that is serious bullshit.[/QUOTE]

BANNED

I think Hippolyta's weapons will be her fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think Hippolyta's weapons will be her fists.
    Which would be disappointing since not only is Hippolyta Ares' (ARES, you need to come back you magnificent son of a bitch!) little girl, but also don't we have a Hulk/Hulk-like character for the brawler, uses-her-fists character?

What if Hippolyta is the Hulk-like character? I can't remember, did Bunn specify that character as being from the Hulk family of characters? I mean, we know she's supposed to be stronger than Val, and Val's pretty strong if I remember right.

BANNED

What if Hippolyta is the Hulk-like character? I can't remember, did Bunn specify that character as being from the Hulk family of characters? I mean, we know she's supposed to be stronger than Val, and Val's pretty strong if I remember right.
    I've been saying that for a while now.

Bunn specified in the Q & A that the Hulk-like character is in fact a member of the Hulk Family.

Also, back during her reveal, Warrior Woman was said to use a weapon other than the gauntlets, they just haven't revealed what it is yet.

But I expect it to riff on Wonder Woman somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    Bunn specified in the Q & A that the Hulk-like character is in fact a member of the Hulk Family.

Also, back during her reveal, Warrior Woman was said to use a weapon other than the gauntlets, they just haven't revealed what it is yet.

But I expect it to riff on Wonder Woman somehow.
    Ah, well then. I guess we're back to the Spear of Truth...

Though I still maintain that she should be able to use the grease from her dreads as an defensive weapon of some kind, like maybe she squeezes it onto the ground as she's running to slip up pursuers. Or uses it to throw into the eyes of her enemies.