Page 82 of 192 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2877

S/D loves this :D
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    S/D loves this :D
    Well no DUH! This is the most exciting ongoing for me right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well no DUH! This is the most exciting ongoing for me right now!
    Have S/D been put on the team yet or no news on that?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Have S/D been put on the team yet or no news on that?
    Nay, but I'm hopeful it might happen. Even if it doesn't, LOVE the book!

Loved the first Fearless Defenders! I liked Val from The Fearless, and liked her in Secret Avengers, and I was introduced to Misty through Heroes for Hire (liked her in that as well). I thought the art was pretty damn good. A little stylised, but all the better for it. I hope Will Sliney stays on for a long time. Also, totally not perturbed or disturbed by Miss. Riggs stealing a kiss from Val. As long as my boy Flash gets to say something about it and Val doesn't leave poor him for Annabelle. My boy's already lost his legs and Betty Brant! Come on Cullen, don't take the gorgeous Asgardian goddess from him as well!

I seriously can't wait to see Hippolyta (don't care either way for Moonstar). I wonder when the next member is going to be introduced...

BANNED

Marvel is quiet today...where's the cover?!

The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Thumbs up My Gratitude: FD Gets a BIG Thumbs-Up From Me!

I know I'm a lil' late to the party, but before I voiced my own personal reaction to #1 over in "spoilers", I wanted to post this here in the official appreciation thread first. I finally bought & read...

... over the weekend, along with...

... obviously for the historic Polaris revelations contained within (and emphasized rather effectively in the fan-augmented cover image above, done by fellow CBR forums member, jmc247). I highly recommend the issue to ANYBODY & EVERYBODY who's even REMOTELY interested in Lorna Dane, it's that GOOD & THAT important! In fact, I feel more than comfortable enough saying X-Factor #243's developments are SO INTEGRAL to understanding her character, so ESSENTIAL - that it's absolutely NECESSARY reading!

As for Fearless Defenders & my reasons for initially starting here, I think it's important to begin by stating the following:

• I stopped buying comis on a monthly basis almost 10 years ago, after enthusiastically doing so for over a decade before that. My interest in actually reading them was already waning though, progressively so, in those last few years that immediately preceded my quitting altogether. To the point where it was getting quite severe & nearly approaching apathy towards the end. My collecting had merely become habitual it seemed & devolved into just that, collecting, and that alone.
    • I've only sporadically purchased & read books a couple of times since then, 3 or 4 total I would say, for characters that are of particular interest to me (mainly Jean & Lorna).
    • This was my first eXperience with digital comics.

With that said, I can declare in all honesty that...

I liked Fearless Defenders #1... I really, REALLY liked it... A LOT!

I'll save the details as to why for the aforementioned "spoilers" thread & get right to my main motivation, which I'll eXpress via a heartfelt proclamation:

ThanX to Fearless Defenders... after almost 10, LONG years... I'M RETURNING TO BUYING & READING COMICS REGULARLY!! And it's all because of writer Cullen Bunn, artist Will Sliney, & editor Ellie Pyle... along with everybody at Marvel & their NOW initiative... and of course, those they so wonderfully & vividly brought to life... Misty, Val, & Annabelle - The FEARLESS DEFENDERS!!!
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

I know we're just hearing about this tie-in issue to Age of Ultron, but has anything been said about the creative team?

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    I liked Fearless Defenders #1... I really, REALLY liked it... A LOT!
    I had also given comics a break for a bit(AvX made me go "$%&* this $#!+") and your wording is pretty much exactly how I'd describe issue #1 too.

It was awesome, feels like the beginnings of something new and exciting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    I know we're just hearing about this tie-in issue to Age of Ultron, but has anything been said about the creative team?
    Hell, I'm impatiently waiting for the cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hell, I'm impatiently waiting for the cover!
    Will they reveal it today? Both of them even?! :D

BANNED

Will they reveal it today? Both of them even?! :D
    No clue. We just got some Avengers solicits though.

The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

... I had also given comics a break for a bit(AvX made me go "$%&* this $#!+") and your wording is pretty much exactly how I'd describe issue #1 too.

It was awesome, feels like the beginnings of something new and exciting.
    It does feel new & eXciting. That's one of the things I liked most, that it seemed different... fresh... dare I even say - unique. You're right about it only being the beginnings, too. I am so hyped to see where the story goes & where these characters are taken. The only bad thing is the weeks of waiting in between knowing what comes neXt - it's gonna be eXcruciating. And I fear it'll only become worse as time goes on, 'cause I'm sure the book's just going to keep getting better & better with every issue, makin' the interim all that much more difficult to endure.

As an outsider lookin' in, take this for what it's worth, but from that same perspective - I can honestly say the impression I get is that...

The best thing about AvX is that it's over, lol, and as result - we got Marvel NOW!
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

It does feel new & eXciting. That's one of the things I liked most, that it seemed different... fresh... dare I even say - unique. You're right about it only being the beginnings, too. I am so hyped to see where the story goes & where these characters are taken. The only bad thing is the weeks of waiting in between knowing what comes neXt - it's gonna be eXcruciating. And I fear it'll only become worse as time goes on, 'cause I'm sure the book's just going to keep getting better & better with every issue, makin' the interim all that much more difficult to endure.
    The waiting is probably going to drive me crazy, but at the same time I'm glad to have books I feel like that about once again.

As an outsider lookin' in, take this for what it's worth, but from that same perspective - I can honestly say the impression I get is that...

The best thing about AvX is that it's over, lol, and as result - we got Marvel NOW!
    Totally agree!

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

As a fan of the covers they've been putting out, Will's "soon" is an agonizing wait.
    "....who are you? Still don't know who you are. Not good enough."
    -Boozier

Fearless Defenders Artist wsliney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    As a fan of the covers they've been putting out, Will's "soon" is an agonizing wait.
    Eeep. Sorry!