Page 49 of 192 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I was reading more about FD and it got me wondering what separates these women from every other Marvel female?
    these are meant to be the strongest women on Earth right? Why isn't Scarlet Witch, Hope, and/or Rogue on the team? I know they're all Avengers, but if this is really meant to be the strongest female team that's going to take on some overpowered adversary, shouldn't they get some more powerful members?

The current cast, other than Valkyrie is... kinda weak
    They're supposed to be worthy for the title of Valkyrie, no the strongest on Earth.

The idea is that they would give female characters who haven't gotten the spotlight to get a limelight push. It's showing off how awesome these characters are.

BANNED

I a still very excited about this title, but I'm dying to know who else will join. The new Warrior Woman just looks kind of meh so far. Also, LOL people being too afraid, scared, paranoid, boring to post on the X-Boards. It's a jungle in their, but way more fun than all the other boards once you let go and have fun.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Also, LOL people being too afraid, scared, paranoid, boring to post on the X-Boards.
    The Fearless Defenders would feel ashamed of them!
    "....who are you? Still don't know who you are. Not good enough."
    -Boozier

Retired

This book really doesn't stand a chance next to X-Men. It's such a shame. For Dani at least. We'll be taking her back. I might feel differently were another great character to join the cast. Magma, Omega Sentinel, someone like that.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    This book really doesn't stand a chance next to X-Men. It's such a shame. For Dani at least. We'll be taking her back. I might feel differently were another great character to join the cast. Magma, Omega Sentinel, someone like that.
    You know, you could buy BOTH X-Men and Fearless Defenders. It doesn't have to be Either/Or.

I'm buying both books. I'm excited for bother books. FD more than XM, but I'm still getting both!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You know, you could buy BOTH X-Men and Fearless Defenders. It doesn't have to be Either/Or.

I'm buying both books. I'm excited for bother books. FD more than XM, but I'm still getting both!
    I'm going to give both a chance, but it's naive to believe the books aren't in competition with one another, even though that's a reductive stance to adopt. I want Fearless Defenders to receive the success it deserves, but X-Men has a superior cast and creative team.

BANNED

I'm going to give both a chance, but it's naive to believe the books aren't in competition with one another, even though that's a reductive stance to adopt. I want Fearless Defenders to receive the success it deserves, but X-Men has a superior cast and creative team.
    Why does it need to be a competition? Again, if people are interested, they should pick up both!

Also, this just was tweeted:

Retired

Why does it need to be a competition? Again, if people are interested, they should pick up both!
    It doesn't need to be, and you're quite right that it shouldn't be, but unfortunately that's likely to be the dominant attitude regardless. Anyway, changing the subject, I'd quite like to see Namorita on this team.

Protector of Mortals Vic's Aegis's Avatar

See, I feel this book completely has a chance and will do well. As long as there is good writing and characterization, this book can find an area of the Marvel Universe to survive and thrive. I know people mention that there are no great characters in this book, but it's all about perspective. Think about the number of characters you like and which ones have been written poorly or were minor characters till the right writer came along and showed the greatness of that character.

I feel this book will do just that not only for the characters but for the series as a whole.

I'm excited for FD and can't wait till the first issue is out and I'll be checking out X-men too.
    What we do in life echoes an Eternity.

It doesn't need to be, and you're quite right that it shouldn't be, but unfortunately that's likely to be the dominant attitude regardless. Anyway, changing the subject, I'd quite like to see Namorita on this team.
    Same here, Namorita is still stuck in space mourning Richard Rider. I doubt Loeb or Bendis will use her, so she should come down and put her power to use. Hell, she should bring Cosmo with her. Girls Best Friend lol

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vic's Aegis View Post
    See, I feel this book completely has a chance and will do well. As long as there is good writing and characterization, this book can find an area of the Marvel Universe to survive and thrive. I know people mention that there are no great characters in this book, but it's all about perspective. Think about the number of characters you like and which ones have been written poorly or were minor characters till the right writer came along and showed the greatness of that character.

I feel this book will do just that not only for the characters but for the series as a whole.

I'm excited for FD and can't wait till the first issue is out and I'll be checking out X-men too.
    Worry not. That was said with tongue firmly in cheek. I'd like nothing more this book to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Same here, Namorita is still stuck in space mourning Richard Rider. I doubt Loeb or Bendis will use her, so she should come down and put her power to use. Hell, she should bring Cosmo with her. Girls Best Friend lol
    It's funny, I actually don't even know that much about her. I've just always been curious since her participation in this What If?

BANNED

Well, you saw what I just posted!

And I would encourage those who make it a competition to just try both!

i'm buying both books, even if it turns out i am not particularly interested in one or the other, because dollars are the only thing comic book companies listen to. and if they can keep selling women-led titles, they'll keep making them.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I was reading more about FD and it got me wondering what separates these women from every other Marvel female?
    these are meant to be the strongest women on Earth right? Why isn't Scarlet Witch, Hope, and/or Rogue on the team? I know they're all Avengers, but if this is really meant to be the strongest female team that's going to take on some overpowered adversary, shouldn't they get some more powerful members?

The current cast, other than Valkyrie is... kinda weak
    Warrior Woman is actually literally tons stronger than Valkyrie. I think WW brings it near Ares level, actually. But yeah, it's not about picking up the strongest women on earth...(and really, Hope and Rogue are only on the list due to mimicing abilities...) I think Valkyrie probably feels all three of those (SW,Hope, and Rogue) aren't mentally or emotionally stable enough to stand up and stand for the Valkyrior. And, having been around for the AvX fights, she'd probably also want to abide by Rogers' decision to let Hope try and be normal for the next while, heh. =P

And as for me, I'm kinda the opposite. I honestly stopped looking at the X-Books after Jean died. =( I'm pondering if I should start again now that she's sorta back, but I dunno if my wallet can handle it, heh. Val's always been my favourite hero, so this one is a no-brainer (and cheap!), but I gotta be picky on anything else.
    Last edited by lcg16; 01-22-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Haven't seen much of her, but I'm loving everything I'm seeing of the new version of Marrina. Nomination for Fearless Defendership!
    (or at least take the gals out for some mead)