Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    The cover looks good, but I'm sad Moonstar is still wearing her New Mutant costume.
    That's the very first thing I noticed as well...Goddess! I do hope she gets a new costume.

*Mr. Sliney...if you are reading this...please give Dani a new outfit. You can have Kris Anka (Uncanny X-Force 2013) help you with the designs. If you do, I promise to keep my criticism of your work constructive and spare.

That said...I would not mind a Valkyrie update as well...those boob-plates are a tad distracting.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    http://i.newsarama.com/images/DEFEND2013002cov_02.jpg

So, guess I was right about Dani being the team's bow and arrow girl! PS - before anyone else gets excited, the action figure doesn't come with the purchase/exist. It's just a teasing, scrumptious cover.

Edit: BLEH, I posted the wrong link! Corrected, with the appropriate source. Sorry, folks!
    How wonderfully Toyetic!
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    LOL! How is it that a Black woman, a Native American woman, and a Nordic woman all have the exact same face?
    That would be a drawback to having Brooks on interior art...I was seriously hoping for and advocate the Lopezes (of Wood's X-Men fame).

I am interested in seeing how W. Sliney illustrates this group of very diverse women.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 12-04-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

I rarely agree with S/D but this time he/she's right, FD looks f-ing amazing!
    buncha people are already saying this book will get canceled in 6 months but I'm really hoping this becomes one of Marvel's big hitters

maybe if this book does good Marvel would bring back more chick only teams, Pixie, X-23, Armor, Mercury, and Blindfold need to happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    That's the very first thing I noticed as well...Goddess! I do hope she gets a new costume.

*Mr. Sliney...if you are reading this...please give Dani a new outfit. You can have Kris Anka (Uncanny X-Force 2013) help you with the designs. If you do, I promise to keep my criticism of your work constructive and spare.

That said...I would not mind a Valkyrie update as well...those boob-plates are a tad distracting.
    I second this! I see no reason why Sliney should be denied the fun of costume design.

BTW, there is a Dani action figure coming out next year. Doesn't have the winged headdress, though. I wonder if that's why they don't want to change her costume just now?
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar
    arachne3003.deviantart.com Update 12/24/11

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I rarely agree with S/D but this time he/she's right, FD looks f-ing amazing!
    buncha people are already saying this book will get canceled in 6 months but I'm really hoping this becomes one of Marvel's big hitters

maybe if this book does good Marvel would bring back more chick only teams, Pixie, X-23, Armor, Mercury, and Blindfold need to happen again!
    People need to stop being so cynical. Pre-order the book now and show that you are interested!

Yeah, I know, I basically said the same at first, but I'm almost glad she still is. Since the New Mutants have all kind of split ways and don't look like they'll reunite in the next three years or so, with Sam and Berto with the Avengers and Magik with the Extinction Team, Cypher and Amara in limbo/tba - it's kind of nice that they still have the uniform tying them together, y'know? (although Sam's no using it, looks like)
    I think the only characters keeping the NM costumes are Moonstar and Karma. Magik will have a new look when she appears in UXM and it looks like Sam and Berto will also have new costumes. Amara will probably be in limbo, where her costume won't really matter ;/

Yep, there's really no excuse for Dani to keep that outfit. Dani's never really had a good costume. It's time she got one.
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar
    arachne3003.deviantart.com Update 12/24/11

BANNED

I am not bothered by the costume, but hey, a New look might be cool.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/fear...irst-look.html

So, guess I was right about Dani being the team's bow and arrow girl! PS - before anyone else gets excited, the action figure doesn't come with the purchase/exist. It's just a teasing, scrumptious cover.

Edit: BLEH, I posted the wrong link! Corrected, with the appropriate source. Sorry, folks!
    That cover is amazing.

I remember reading in an interview with Sliney that he wanted to keep the ladies close to their classic looks initially, and that makes sense with the team kinda slowly pulling together from these very different corners of the Marvel universe.

I'd love to see them all eventually get new "Fearless" looks. Would be a cool moment if done right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    I remember reading in an interview with Sliney that he wanted to keep the ladies close to their classic looks initially, and that makes sense with the team kinda slowly pulling together from these very different corners of the Marvel universe.

I'd love to see them all eventually get new "Fearless" looks. Would be a cool moment if done right.
    They need to unlock those forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    They need to unlock those forms.
    Lol exactly! And the cover for that issue should look like a videogame!

BANNED

Lol exactly! And the cover for that issue should look like a videogame!
    OH! Better yet! When they get the full 8, they need to have a Mega Man select cover!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the ladies maintaining a certain sense of individuality and place of origin...Dani could have a uniform with an "X" on it...just not the same boring costume she's been wearing since NM vol 3 (when everyone was clamouring for a change, mind you).
    Sun and Moon