Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

She's a spoiled brat.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

She's so fashion forward.

I dislike how Claremont overloaded her resumee with extraordinary adjectives and I hate her choice in agonizingly boring accessories (Lockheed, Iceman, Colossus, Pete Wisdom...), but her spunk is a fantastic counter-troll to the jerks of the world represented in X-Men comics.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

I think Kitty is a fascinating character because Chris Claremont managed to assemble so many positive traits and so few really negative ones in her yet not make her bland or boring (unlike e. g. Gwen Stacy or, to some extent, Joe Robertson, two characters who simply are too "perfect" to be interesting). She has enough quirks and foibles and moments of tragedy or heartbreak, and by superhero comic-book standards she is also plain-looking, and when she still was an adolescent and a teenager, she came across like a real youngster with her tantrums (the classic "Professor Xavier is a jerk!" splash!) and all. There aren't many characters like that (apart from Lisa Simpson).

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

The only time I like Kitty is when I hear that Weezer song (In The Garage).
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

I think writers have generally been given a lot of control over the character which is rare. This has given her more depth than others. That being said, i am not a fan of every writer's interpretation. I like some of Claremont and all of Ellis's interpretation the most.

The panel above makes me snicker a bit bc as a kid growing up in the south, it kind of horrified me. I remember asking my mother about it. That was one of the first major adult conversations we ever had.
    Last edited by talkinghead; 12-03-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

she has "every girl" appeal in a way that most super women don't. Which is exactly why i like her. Like, the other x-women are all supposed to be these vigorexic amazons and here comes frizzy, big nosed, Kitty Pryde with her super intellect and terible taste in clothes and yet people still take a shine to her. She just adds something different to the mix. Something relatable to most fans.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    she has "every girl" appeal in a way that most super women don't. Which is exactly why i like her. Like, the other x-women are all supposed to be these vigorexic amazons and here comes frizzy, big nosed, Kitty Pryde with her super intellect and terible taste in clothes and yet people still take a shine to her. She just adds something different to the mix. Something relatable to most fans.
    She's Lena Dunham in Girls!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    The frizzy hair and terrible taste in clothes makes her very relatable to me.

Also she has Lockheed. People love dragons.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Because whats not to love!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Husk is more Lena Dunham in Girls. Kitty is more like her friend she has to go get abortions with. Kitty isn't that much of a slob.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Kitty will always be Ellen Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Kitty is Marnie.
    She just got out of a loveless longterm relationship with a man who doesn't seem to get it that she's not in love with him, she's uptight/bossy and a total lipstick lesbian.
    Last edited by pryde15; 12-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    Kitty is Marnie.
    She just got out of a loveless longterm relationship with a man who doesn't seem to get it that she's not in love with him, she's uptight/bossy and a total lipstick lesbian.
    I was going for the upsell. All the other characters on Girls are so checkboxes on a list rather than anything fleshed out. I luv Lena, despite her horrible Captain Lou Albano clothes.