Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

And who has Diana inspired in the current universe to become a superhero? Not like beating the hell out of her teammates sets a good example, does it?

In fact, now I think about it, Hal's pretty much the entire reason the Justice League was formed, almost everything centred around him even though he was written poorly. That's rather important.
    And kinda odd really...Hal was written poorly and so was Wonder Woman. She used to be an inspiration. Even if the book sales did not warrant Trinity status her personality and actions used to. Azzarello's Wonder Woman is closer to being the type of person who can inspire it's the JL Wonder Woman that's the problem. And they really did not need to change Cassie's origins so drastically. She could have just been related to Ares to explain some of her roughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    When did I say that WW didn't matter because she was female? I just said that Green Lantern sold more and had more books. Last time I checked that was a fact.
    It's also a fact that in this genre/market male books tend to sell better than female books. Even when they suck certain male led titles seem to do better in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post

Guess it was inevitable...
    Who is that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It's a legitamate point
    Actually, Kudos to Batman for being all he is, but if you ask me, it's not GL that does NOT belong in this picture. It's batman.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Actually, Kudos to Batman for being all he is, but if you ask me, it's not GL that does NOT belong in this picture. It's batman.
    In terms of power Batman isn't important, but DC has chosen him to be the brains and a man so devoted to darkness is the most likely to findout about Stormwatch's existence. Maybe the author just doesn't like Wonder Woman or has been told that she's off limits?

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    but wouldn't in that sense mean he will have to if need to not really go back to the old universe since even the post crisis didn't full return to the old universe but to return things to a certain way in which it does have more of the old universe.
    I have no idea what you're saying in this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    In terms of power Batman isn't important, but DC has chosen him to be the brains and a man so devoted to darkness is the most likely to findout about Stormwatch's existence. Maybe the author just doesn't like Wonder Woman or has been told that she's off limits?
    I don't know if it's that he doesn't "like" Wonder Woman, or that Batman isn't important (which he IS obviously $$). I haven't read Stormwatch but just from that caption given, well.. Batman just isn't a worthy adversary in an intergalactic level. That kind of threat belongs to a super-powered entity. Sure, he's intelligent and probably more than the rest, but still. It doesn't make the others dumb as a goldfish. From a tactical standpoint maybe he's a worthy adversary. He's just too out of his element in that picture.

I don't even think Wonder Woman would belong in that picture (in nu52). So far she hasn't been shown to be able to be in outer space flying without a suit. GL and Superman can.

BANNED

I don't even think Wonder Woman would belong in that picture (in nu52). So far she hasn't been shown to be able to be in outer space flying without a suit. GL and Superman can.
    Some how I doubt they base their threat assessment on who can go into space and who cant. Not to mention Jordan has been either ring-less, off planet or just gone ever since Flashpoint.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Who is that guy?
    He's Harry Tanner, the Eminence of Blades, former Stormwatch member, currently impersonating one of the Shadow Lords (who run Stormwatch). The thing to know about Harry was mentioned upthread, but it bears repetition and emphasis: HE LIES.

Lying is actually his main power. He's been called the prince of lies. So asking why Superman, Batman and Green Lantern are the three heroes misses the point. The question is this: why does the prince of lies want Stormwatch to believe that those are the three critical heroes to beat? Does he want to leave Diana out of it for now because the lasso is inconvenient for him? Does he want to steal Green Lantern's ring and does he have something else he wants for Batman and Superman? Or what?

I didn't see a link to the full Stormwatch 15 preview upthread; I may have missed it, but just in case, here it is: http://www.popmatters.com/pm/gallery/view/10591/165884/

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer
    And who has Diana inspired in the current universe to become a superhero?
    Probably Steve, in a sense (assuming that JLA members qualify as superheroes). Also possibly Godiva--Booster, as we see in the JLI Annual, uses the promise of Wonder Woman's approval to encourage Godiva to stick with the team. Wonder Woman is also one of the two heroes (with Superman) whom Booster himself is most excited to see when he thinks he's joining the real Justice League in JL 3. Seeing her with Zola or with that little girl in Justice League 3, or listening to her speak in Justice League 6 about how the earth belongs to no one or everyone, or seeing her courage and confidence in hell makes it easy for me to think of her as the kind of person might have inspired a lot of people to be heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobOlivera
    Yeah, but have they been shown to be able to beat up Artemis, deflect the Omega Sanction, or--her greatest feat of all--love Hades? I think not?
    Last edited by slvn; 12-02-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    I have no idea what you're saying in this post?
    Sorry about that. I was saying that your right that the old universe won't return but since he is focusing on sales. He will have to being the old universe back in a way. Like if need it to he will have to being back the originally origins back but it doesn't mean Dc as to tell them the same way.For example, Diana was made out of clay but tell the story in a different way. I hope this makes sense.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Sorry about that. I was saying that your right that the old universe won't return but since he is focusing on sales. He will have to being the old universe back in a way. Like if need it to he will have to being back the originally origins back but it doesn't mean Dc as to tell them the same way.For example, Diana was made out of clay but tell the story in a different way. I hope this makes sense.
    If the sales go down enough, there's always the possibility of more changes, but they wouldn't necessarily be in the direction of the old universe. Wonder Woman could get a different father, for example. My hope is that the next writer will build on what Azzarello has done, so that the character can have some stability. But who knows?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Some how I doubt they base their threat assessment on who can go into space and who cant. Not to mention Jordan has been either ring-less, off planet or just gone ever since Flashpoint.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that--it could be that Harry knows that Hal is off-planet and is actually sending the team into a trap under the guise of sending them after Hal.

Good point. In the JL animated series its hint her fathers Hade. It's just that there could have been different ways of telling the story of clay that all.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    He's Harry Tanner, the Eminence of Blades, former Stormwatch member, currently impersonating one of the Shadow Lords (who run Stormwatch). The thing to know about Harry was mentioned upthread, but it bears repetition and emphasis: HE LIES.

Lying is actually his main power. He's been called the prince of lies. So asking why Superman, Batman and Green Lantern are the three heroes misses the point. The question is this: why does the prince of lies want Stormwatch to believe that those are the three critical heroes to beat? Does he want to leave Diana out of it for now because the lasso is inconvenient for him? Does he want to steal Green Lantern's ring and does he have something else he wants for Batman and Superman? Or what?

I didn't see a link to the full Stormwatch 15 preview upthread; I may have missed it, but just in case, here it is: http://www.popmatters.com/pm/gallery/view/10591/165884/

Probably Steve, in a sense (assuming that JLA members qualify as superheroes). Also possibly Godiva--Booster, as we see in the JLI Annual, uses the promise of Wonder Woman's approval to encourage Godiva to stick with the team. Wonder Woman is also one of the two heroes (with Superman) whom Booster himself is most excited to see when he thinks he's joining the real Justice League in JL 3. Seeing her with Zola or with that little girl in Justice League 3, or listening to her speak in Justice League 6 about how the earth belongs to no one or everyone, or seeing her courage and confidence in hell makes it easy for me to think of her as the kind of person might have inspired a lot of people to be heroes.

Yeah, but have they been shown to be able to beat up Artemis, deflect the Omega Sanction, or--her greatest feat of all--love Hades? I think not?

Well, I'll comment on your post directed to me:

I got news for us all.. but I think that Superman would collectively wipe the floor with Apollo, Artemis, and Hades simultaneously. Especially seeing as to how Wonder Woman defeated Artemis with nothing but a simple power-boost and he's more than likely several times more powerful than Diana even if only due to his invulnerability. As far as taking Darkseid's eye out... Not a big deal. Aquaman came behind her and took out the other. I'd say that was a feat of speed, not power.

Hell, at this point I'd have to bet on Power Girl in an arm-wrestling competition. Best 2 of out 3 PG takes it!
    Last edited by RMAN63; 12-02-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Well, I'll comment on your post directed to me:

I got news for us all.. but I think that Superman would collectively wipe the floor with Apollo, Artemis, and Hades simultaneously. Especially seeing as to how Wonder Woman defeated Artemis with nothing but a simple power-boost and he's more than likely several times more powerful than Diana even if only due to his invulnerability. As far as taking Darkseid's eye out... Not a big deal. Aquaman came behind her and took out the other. I'd say that was a feat of speed, not power.

Hell, at this point I'd have to bet on Power Girl in an arm-wrestling competition. Best 2 of out 3 PG takes it!
    Yes it was a feat of speed. Aqauman had to be carried and thrown by Flash to be able to do it. And Darkseid was also already stumbling about having just had his omega beams deflected into his face and the getting a sword in the eye. Who did that? Oh, that's right, Wonder Woman did.

Actually I thought that entire fight was ridiculous. Darkseid should have mopped the floor with the lot of them

BANNED

Darkseid wouldn't just randomly show up and start fighting in the first place.