Default Legion of Super-Heroes / R.E.B.E.L.S. question

I recently read that Vril Drox has 10th level intelligence, plus he's green. What is Vril Drox's relationship to Brainiac 5 if any?
    Check out my take on the Legion here . . .

http://www.comicsrecommended.com

Quote Originally Posted by argon31pf View Post
    I recently read that Vril Drox has 10th level intelligence, plus he's green. What is Vril Drox's relationship to Brainiac 5 if any?
    I don't know what it is in the new reality. Traditionally Vril Dox II (and his father/"father" as in cloned from him post-Invasion Vril Dox I, AKA Brainiac) have been Brainiac 5's ancestors. For this reason, Vril Dox II has often been referred to as Brainiac 2. So, the Vril Dox you're referring to is usually known as Brainiac 5's ancestor. How many generations in between has been described in different ways.

Vril Dox was the coolest, coldest MoFo in the DCU. He was always twenty steps ahead of everyone else. I loved the way Dox tricked Lobo into working for him with Lobo wanting to rip Dox's head off the entire time but could not. Maybe this DCNu would be more exciting with Vril Dox around...

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

At one point Vril Dox II was Brainiac 5's great grandfather. The Coluans have long life spans of 500 years more or less that it made this possible for them to have that close of realtionship. That has been changed since then though. I am pretty sure they are still realted just not sure how far they are seperated now.

It gets weirder because Vril's son Lryl has some freaky genes form his mom species witch makes the whole Dox family after Vril not full blooded Coluans.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker1 View Post
    Vril Dox was the coolest, coldest MoFo in the DCU. He was always twenty steps ahead of everyone else. I loved the way Dox tricked Lobo into working for him with Lobo wanting to rip Dox's head off the entire time but could not. Maybe this DCNu would be more exciting with Vril Dox around...
    Oh man, I have to read that, I have been wanting someone to hand Lobo his ass for the longest time.
    Check out my take on the Legion here . . .

http://www.comicsrecommended.com

Trust me argon31pf, you owe it to yourself to pick up L.E.G.I.O.N., the first run in particular was brilliant. I recall once where Vril had robbed Lobo of his ability to replicate himself from a single drop of blood. I believe through this process Dox had temporary gained Lobo's power and abilities himself making him more than Lobo's equal, THEN he beat the crap out of Lobo hand-to-hand. I'm telling you Vril Dox was a real MoFO pal...

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Why do I not own a comic where the Dox men beat each other with switches.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    From here. Showcase 96 issue 11 & 12.
    http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index...wcase_96_11-12

Does that Braniac even exist anymore?

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Vril Dox is one of my favorite characters. That guy is so smart and sneaky. Legion 89 1 through 51 is some of the best stuff I have ever read. It's the Vril Dox show. And speaking of Legion, did Ig'nea ever appear again? She was one of the few who schooled Dox.

She only appeared in the 2 story arcs. The one where she infiltrated legion and then kidnapped Dox's son.

Ha, I had forgotten about Ig'nea. That woman was pure evil...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    At one point Vril Dox II was Brainiac 5's great grandfather. The Coluans have long life spans of 500 years more or less that it made this possible for them to have that close of realtionship. That has been changed since then though. I am pretty sure they are still realted just not sure how far they are seperated now.

It gets weirder because Vril's son Lryl has some freaky genes form his mom species witch makes the whole Dox family after Vril not full blooded Coluans.
    The last pre-Flashpoint explanation for the Dox family I read was that the name was taboo after Brainiac 1 and 3s crimes, so it was out of use until their descendant - Brainiac 5s dad - took up the name Brainiac 4 in an attempt to redeem it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker1 View Post
    Ha, I had forgotten about Ig'nea. That woman was pure evil...
    She was. That's why I don't understand why she never appeared again.