Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

I did forget another awful villain, though, one which was completely and utterly out of place for a comic like Spider-Man. And that, of course, would be the magical and demented psychiatrist, Judas Traveller (although he certainly knew how to rock an impressive manly mustache. )

It's amazing how my memory blocked his existance from my mind.Except his manly mustache,Traveler was a typical 90s villain.Dark,confusing in his origin and totally forgettable after a period of time.Also i hated Scriers.In fact,most of Clone Saga villains were awful.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Speaking of worst villains,does anyone remember this villain? http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/captpowercarr.htm .
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Mindworm View Post
    Here are some villains I think could have made the list:

White Rabbit
    Walrus
    White Dragon
    Gibbon
    Rocket Racer
    Leapfrog
    The terrible two are good for comedy
    White Dragon made for a decent fight in Spider-Man 3 the game
    Gibbon and Rocket Racer aren't villains
    Leapfrog was a DareDevil villain, now he's good for comedy with his -worshiping Spider-Man- son Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius View Post
    Speaking of worst villains,does anyone remember this villain? http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/captpowercarr.htm .
    What cheap Superman/Carrion knockoff
    I can't say anything about him beside that, I'm yet to read more of Mackie's Spider-Man, I skipped most of it
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

pretty much all the 1990s villains. But in particular, Judas Traveller, Scrier, Scream, Shriek, black tarantula (kill him!)...

Funny, I checked the list of the GREATEST villains, and it looks very similar as I thought it would be. First place, obviously the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn). In my opinion, Venom should be the second and Dr Octopus the third; because Venom is greatest by attacking not only Spiderman, but Peter Parker too. Just like with Norman Osborn, if your enemy attacks your civil life, now is personal. Otherwise, "it's just business". I also though Kraven would have the 4th place.

No. Absolutely no one does.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    No. Absolutely no one does.
    Funny thing is,if not of Dr Octopus being a part of this story,i would even know that villain's existence.Besides,i hated Byrne's Octavius design back then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    pretty much all the 1990s villains. But in particular, Judas Traveller, Scrier, Scream, Shriek, black tarantula (kill him!)...
    SCREAM AND SHRIEK ARE AWESOME MAN.... whats wrong with Black Tarantula (im only framilar with him from daredevil)
    this one

i think they did kill him in shadowland

Funny thing is,if not of Dr Octopus being a part of this story,i would even know that villain's existence.Besides,i hated Byrne's Octavius design back then.
    While I'm (mostly) joking, I do have to wonder how Cap. Power would exist considering "Chapter One" isn't in continuity. But now we're getting dangerously close to DC-type continuity questions, so I'll shut up.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

I actually quite like Demogoblin, Stegron, Doppleganger and Black Tarantula. Maybe not all as being Spidey villains but I dig the character concepts personally. A demonic goblin who punishes sinnners, a dinosaur man, a mindless demonic Spider-man and a martials arts mystic crime lord... all seem cool to me but thats just my view.

I never could understand Judas Traveller though. Not saying he is the worst but just could never really get into him.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    What cheap Superman/Carrion knockoff
    I can't say anything about him beside that, I'm yet to read more of Mackie's Spider-Man, I skipped most of it
    Power is not a "he".

My views, as a former reader of the Byrne Amazing Volume 2 run; was about as excited as anyone else over new adventures of Spider-Man over a rebooted restart; eventually realized it crap; but hey, for once hearing the reboot team sayin' not interested in using overused villains the first year other than Venom, Doctor Octopus was in those "Captain Power" issues, 9 and 10, as was also 6, 12, Peter Parker 12, and Spider-Woman #2 - YES, I also atleast bought the first two issues of that Spider-Woman, Mattie Franklin!

mainly, I don't like Black Tarantula because from the get-go he was portrayed as basically pwning Spidey in every fight without breaking a sweat.. then there's all this stuff about him being an "honorable" assassin/crimeboss, etc., I just wasn't feeling it overall. In some sense, it was like the writers wanted to use Puma but felt they could come up with an updated version. Felt like just another way to say Spidey's a loser in fights with anybody who's got an edge in strength.. I'll pass...

(and now that Spidey is shang-chi trained, there's even less of an excuse for him to lose against "martial artists", assuming any writers even remember from now on)

The one thing I liked about the Black Tarantula was how dicking around with Spidey wasn't even on his "To-Do" list. His beef was with the Rose, and Spider-Man was just a distraction. It's an interesting dynamic for a villain to have. Unfortunately, there wasn't much personality to BT, so...yeah.

Lots of just bad writing associated with some of those characters. Most of them could be rehabilitated if someone wanted to do it.

I'd add Menace, never really liked her very much and I think the only reason she had any play at all was because of continuing use of the Worf Effect, with Spider-Man playing the Worf role. She so easily pwned Spider-Man that it made her impossible to take seriously as a character.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'd add Menace, never really liked her very much and I think the only reason she had any play at all was because of continuing use of the Worf Effect, with Spider-Man playing the Worf role. She so easily pwned Spider-Man that it made her impossible to take seriously as a character.
    In fairness, pretty much every new villains pwns Spidey unless Roger Stern is writing.

As for Menace...I really feel like there's some potential there, but hell if I know what it is. I'm just generally up for increasing the amount of estrogen in Spidey's rogues gallery.