Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Helen Cobb Captain Marvels arch enemy?

It came to my attention Carol danvers doesn't really have a archenemy and I was thinking, maybe it could be Helen cobb!
    Readers of the new captain marvel series know who i'm on about. Not in a evil way, like the doom and reed relationship, or magneto/proffesor X relationship.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

She's battled her weight issues more than anything else
    Mah Sheet: Moon Knight, Thor, Wolfsbane, Paladin, Doc Ock, Black Bolt, Cage, Hawkeye, Sunfire, Boomerang, Hellcat, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Bishop, Magik, Cypher

For me, Carol's Arch-Nemesisis are, currently:

1. Mystique
    2. Rogue
    3. The Brood
    4. Cars
    5. Kree Jerks

She needs some new ones, certainly. Especially since the other 3 have strong ties to the X-Men.

She needs a dark reflection of her very core. Other Military folks gone rogue with powers would be best (Helen could fit that role well).
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Don't know so much about Carol except that Mystique and Rogue had a big part as enemies and that the Brood she had also fought. But what about Moonstone? One could argue she became a dark reflection during that whole Dark Avengers stuff...
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Don't know so much about Carol except that Mystique and Rogue had a big part as enemies and that the Brood she had also fought. But what about Moonstone? One could argue she became a dark reflection during that whole Dark Avengers stuff...
    Moonstone could potentially work, but she's always in her own book to be honest. Someone's archenemy needs to be exclusively featured in that person's title so the writer can do whatever they want with that person.

I agree that Carol definitely needs someone to step up and fill the arch-enemy void.

Perhaps in the new issues someone could appear.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    Moonstone could potentially work, but she's always in her own book to be honest. Someone's archenemy needs to be exclusively featured in that person's title so the writer can do whatever they want with that person.

I agree that Carol definitely needs someone to step up and fill the arch-enemy void.
    Hmm, what about Dr Minerva? She started off as a Captain Marvel character so maybe Carol could inherit her as a nemesis. There is the tie to the Captain Marvel mythos and she is a Kree scientist as well so...

I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Didn't she fight outer space menaces like "Deathbird" and so forth in her original Claremont series? And who did the original Captain Marvel fight? Thanos? Skrulls? Why isn't she fighting more cosmic menaces like that instead of spending her time tending light aircraft and salvaging sunken scrap metal or whatever the heck she's doing with Photon?

I haven't found Helen Cobb even remotely interesting. Last thing I want is for her to become a recurring nemesis.

Hmm, what about Dr Minerva? She started off as a Captain Marvel character so maybe Carol could inherit her as a nemesis. There is the tie to the Captain Marvel mythos and she is a Kree scientist as well so...

Dr. Minerva works.

Superia also works.

Both characters are powerful enough to stand up to Carol hand to hand, but are also plotters and science types, so they
    can challenge her in other ways.

There is also Doomsday Man from her first series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockstatter View Post
    She's battled her weight issues more than anything else
    And alcoholism.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I think this could work really well.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Rogue or Moonstone would be best.

Unfortunately, both of them are fighting on the side of good (Moonstone with a gun to her head, but still)

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

This idea sounds perfect. Minstique, Rogue, Dr Minerva and Moonstone... hmmmm... Carol needs a male enemy too. The Sorceror Supreme from a different reality? What was his name?
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Helen Cobb will defeat Carol by obnoxiously calling her "kitten" over and over until Carol shoots herself in the head to make it stop.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Captain Marvel's arch-enemy is Thanos. Or Doctor Sivana.