Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Beating old games like Gain Ground, Super C, and Streets of Rage 2 with friends is something I never get tired of. And my friends and I have had some awesome battles with the various Street Fighter, Tekken, and Smash Bros. games.

As an individual, probably all the shit I did in Fallout 2. However, I could just as easily pick my experiences with RPGs like Earthbound, Final Fantasy III (SNES), and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

The Mercenaries in Resident Evil 4 and 5 also stands out.

One more: multiplayer in Earth Defense Force 2017.
    Earth Defense Force 2017 is so much fun, and it's visual flaws just make it more fun...it's like playing a bunch of B-movie all blended together. That's got to be one of the most fun multiplayer games around.

Fallout 2 was great too, not just because of the gameplay and everything, but just going back to school the next day and talking about all the weird shit you could do in it.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 12-04-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Halo 3 lan, 4 consoles, 4 discs, 4 tvs, 16 people in one living room. CTF on High Ground. An hour and a half before the first flag capture.

Super Smash Bros throughout college with the roommates.

Mass Effect 2
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Playing Final Fantasy X and maxing out Tidus to where he could beat the final boss by himself. The sheer grinding I did actually ruined my thumb, and I still have to be careful not to overexert it. (Totally worth it.)

Playing Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, having fun with the cheat codes. I would set the lightsaber damage to where they were actually realistic and set dismemberment at highest. Every stormtrooper ended up hacked to pieces and every lightsaber duel was insanly dangerous, even against the weakest Reborn. (Sometimes the enemy death animation would make his lightsaber touch Kyle and take his arm off or something.) I'd spawn Reborn over and over just to practice my fighting style and sometimes generate a huge bunch of them just to see how many I could take at once.

Playing Shivering Isles, which I thought was a much better game than Oblivion was. The first time I ran into the Knights of Order, I didn't know how to stop them from respawning. So I just kept killing them over and over. At one point I was disarmed and had to grab one of their own swords so I could keep killing them. It was like this legendary heroic stand and eventually the ground was strewn with fallen knights.

Fighting Krosis the Dragon Priest in Skyrim. Dude just showed up out of nowhere and started flinging fireballs. I fought him all the way down a valley in the middle of a snowstorm. It was awesome.

Kingdom Hearts II. Just... Kingdom Hearts II.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Beating sonic chronicles, the first time i EVER beat a game with minimal assistence from my brother. I had a nosebleed. So much faccing joy.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Tomb Raider
    Zelda( first game I ever played)

That's just a few

The Star Wars :Knights of Old Republic 1 and 2 the greatest thing that hit me hard with lightsaber
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Earth Defense Force 2017 is so much fun, and it's visual flaws just make it more fun...it's like playing a bunch of B-movie all blended together. That's got to be one of the most fun multiplayer games around.

Fallout 2 was great too, not just because of the gameplay and everything, but just going back to school the next day and talking about all the weird shit you could do in it.
    I plan on playing the newer Earth Defense Force to see how it compares. 2017 is just awesome. I like how you don't have to sign in to play multiplayer, the way things should be - no bullshit, just press start.

I miss the smart-ass attitude of the first two Fallout games. I love the over-the-top combat dialogue and how the game is always talking to you and making jokes.

I was just a kid so beating FF VII felt so amazing, I went back to it earlier this year and I just fell in love all over again, of course I now understand the story much better and see all the different themes that are in the main story and most of the side stories

the Red XIII race had a much sadder history than what I thought, and Yuffie's struggle to bring back the once great Wutai is very reminiscent of Japan now

other than that I would say Legend of Zelda Link to the Past yeah I was like 6 or 7 when it came out, but I think it was the first game I ever beat without any help from my older brother (who at the time was the only other gamer I knew)

The final fistfight against Solus from Breakdown was, in my opinion, one of the most powerful moment in videogames I've ever played.

After an entire game of running away from or getting your ass kicked by him, finally being able to fight him on equal ground. No healing, no interface, no bullshit "aim for the weak spot"-style mechanics.

Just you and him beating each others to death with fists and energy blasts.

And when he finally goes down for real, it is incredibly satisfying. What happens afterward is pretty much a footnote compared to the intensity of that fight.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Nut-punching everything with the improved power fist was too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I plan on playing the newer Earth Defense Force to see how it compares. 2017 is just awesome. I like how you don't have to sign in to play multiplayer, the way things should be - no bullshit, just press start.

I miss the smart-ass attitude of the first two Fallout games. I love the over-the-top combat dialogue and how the game is always talking to you and making jokes.
    I haven't got to play the newer Earth Defense Force either, but from what I've seen it seems to be missing a lot of the charm of 2017, although the gameplay seems to be better.

Yeah, I miss that stuff from Fallout too, I loved the whole tone of the older games. I also liked that little screen in the lower left hand side of the screen that would tell you in better detail what happened in (and out of) fights...like punching someone so hard there eye popped out; I remember thinking how cool it would be when they could go 3D and convey those things in-engine, it's to bad they didn't use the 3d to do anything like that. I also miss the overall style of the old Fallout games in the new ones, the characters don't look anything like they did in the old games CG bits...and the combat.

Fallout2. Enclave Rig, the first five goons in power armor attempt to kill me. While I rigged the AI guns to attack Frank (The Super Mutant armor guy.)

I killed them all (Of course) and they disarmed one of my arms, so single handed gear.

I then got melee and got him drunk on booze, lowering his percp. Yet show how, he disables my other arm with the doom spoon he wields.

So I went Chuck Norris on him. Kicking him to death. And when defeated, I kicked him again and his head went boom.

Then I got out of there.

Still, a melee off and winning was a nice climax.

Server first hardmode putricide, 10 and 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    Fallout2. Enclave Rig, the first five goons in power armor attempt to kill me. While I rigged the AI guns to attack Frank (The Super Mutant armor guy.)

I killed them all (Of course) and they disarmed one of my arms, so single handed gear.

I then got melee and got him drunk on booze, lowering his percp. Yet show how, he disables my other arm with the doom spoon he wields.

So I went Chuck Norris on him. Kicking him to death. And when defeated, I kicked him again and his head went boom.

Then I got out of there.

Still, a melee off and winning was a nice climax.
    I really liked getting my unarmed skill up and just going around Fist of the North Star style in Fallout 2, nothing really makes your character seems more badass than when he can beating everyone with just hand-to-hand. Only wish there were more special attacks, and they had some different animations.

I guess you guys never played the best way in Fallout 2.
    Intellect 1 sniper.