Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Your greatest gaming experience?

three come to mind immediately:

My entire Everquest experience. I came into the game with a desire to collect and sell the rarest of items, and focused heavily on that--had a friendly guild who used to tease me for being alone in Blackburrow farming gnolls while they grouped in Everfrost, but when I'd get that uber drop and make a ton of gold they got my point. Eventually I had complete sets of armor only few others had, and was filthy rich (being able to afford anything you want off auction is intoxicating). All done with in-game items and in-game gold.

Phantasy Star Online, on the Dreamcast. It was my first online experience, and the rare trading became addictive there, also. I used to log on, have a few beers ready, turn on '80's Night on WPLJ, and get into it. Imagine my shock after tekking the ?SPECIAL WEAPONs I'd looted and finding a Spread Needle!!! This was the ultimate weapon at the time, ultra rare, and I'd found one, totally unexpected. I was probably beyond lit at the time, and I'm sure I wept.

GTA San Andreas, all-time favorite game. SO much to do, a huge world (I wish I could somehow upload some of the in-game photos I've taken with the camera you can find). Found every possible glitch in the game, and finally even saw the Hot Coffee stuff via a cheat device (long after beating it, of course)> I even had the Sindaccos, a gang origianlly intended to populate the streets of Las Venturas they way the other gangs inhabit Los Santos, pop up in my gamesave (they attack out of nowhere carrying Desert Eagles and are many different NPC models rarely seen outside of the missions they are in). Everything from collecting rare cares to awesome two-player stand offs against the cops in LV atop the pyramid...awesome game.

I've lost some of the interest I had as a kid, but some games still have awesome memories attached to them.

Final Fantasy VII without a doubt.

Amazing experience.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Baldurs Gate II

Good stuff, good stuff indeed.

Not sure i have seen many longer games to finish than this one. (with expansion)

Castlevania SOTN or Final Fantasy Tactics. Which one do I like more? Depends on the day you ask me.
    Everything burns...

Beating Mike Tyson.

When I find tricks in gameplay in some games and doing something besides what I'm told to do to pass the area
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

For the longest time, I had Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It was given to me as a gift for my birthday and I didn't even touch it for 2 years.

Then one day, out of sheer boredom, I decided to try it out. Played it for about 20 minutes and it didn't click with me. So I put it away. A year later, a friend of mine came by and asked if he could borrow the game and I said yeah, that's fine. He borrowed it and never gave it back.

I don't know why, but I decided to go out and buy MGS3:SE Subsistence. I heard it was kinda different with the camera angles and hearing my friend talk about the boss battles, I guess I got kind of hyped. I went out and bought a copy of it and came home and started playing it immediately.

Suffice to say, after about an hour of playing it, I was hooked. I spent the next 14 hours just playing this game. I couldn't believe how great it was. The graphics, the game play, the sheer genius of it...it blew my mind.

Then I got to the boss battle with the End. Now, there are a few ways to beat this guy, but I didn't know it at the time. All I did was chase after him and he kept getting the drop on me and sent me back to that jail.

Well, after about the 4th time, I decided to really use my tools. I pulled out the direction mic and I had my M4A1. I kept on sneaking behind things and pointing the direction mic around to see if I could hear him snoring. I found the source and got close a few times and plugged him with bullets before he escaped.

This is the part where I just completely fell in love with the game. He was down to his last bit of life and I was looking for him. I hid behind a log and pulled out my sniper rifle and direction mic. I pointed it around I heard a noise of the End snoring. I knew where he was, so I pulled out my sniper rifle and pointed it in the direction. I swear, I pulled up my scope and peered through it and was ready to pull the trigger. A split-second before I took the shot, I saw through my scope a glint. It was the End waking up and taking aim at me and I saw the light hit his scope. I took the shot and the screen went white...

...then came the movie that plays when you beat him.

I've played the game a couple more times since then and I figured out a few different ways to get to him, but I don't think I'll ever be able to recreate a moment like that one in my gaming life.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Lunar 2 : eternal Blue. I have never played the first game Lunar 1 : silver star story but i fell in love with the characters in this one. When i got to the end of the game , i was so sad for the game to end , loved the quirky characters. After the credits rolled , turned out that the game still continued and not ended yet , was so thrilled and got to the true ending pretty quickly. Fantastic game. Good memories.

Beating old games like Gain Ground, Super C, and Streets of Rage 2 with friends is something I never get tired of. And my friends and I have had some awesome battles with the various Street Fighter, Tekken, and Smash Bros. games.

As an individual, probably all the shit I did in Fallout 2. However, I could just as easily pick my experiences with RPGs like Earthbound, Final Fantasy III (SNES), and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

The Mercenaries in Resident Evil 4 and 5 also stands out.

One more: multiplayer in Earth Defense Force 2017.
    Last edited by jesse_custer; 12-03-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Agree about the End battle in MGS3, but I'll do one better; The microwave hallway in Metal Gear Solid 4. Never before has a game done so much to physically and emotionally torture its player. And that's not even the climax of the game; the ending is even more brutal.

A lot of people thought the ending was convoluted and overwrought, and I can see that, but it carries a sense of loss and regret that I've never seen in any other game series.

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

Final Fantasy VII ... it introduced me to RPGs and it was my first non Nintendo console purchase, though it was well after the game came out.

SMB3 ... really stands out in my mind, more the memories of late nights playing with my cousins, and the whole awe of the game at the time it came out more than the game itself. I still like after time SM2 the best for NES Mario games.

Dark Sector would probably be my most recent best games experience. There are a lot of other current games that are great but this seems to be the one that stands out the most.

Castlevania:SOTN could very well be the greatest side scrolling adventure game ever made. Perfection.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

Other memores:

Beating the Colossus in God of War 2
    Fighting Hades in God of War 3
    Beating Hercules in God of War 3
    Playing NHL 94 and setting up those awesome one timers!
    Playing Street Fighter 4 and catching someone in the air with Guile's flash kick super.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Beating Shredder in TMNT in an actual arcade.

Asheron's Call first time I completed the island run and global statement that followed on Harvestgain server.