Default Mind MGMT discussion

I can't be the only person reading and enjoying this series, can I? I believe it to be hands down the best book coming out today, but it looks like no one's talking about it here.

Doesn't anyone else like good comics?

I gave it a solid go, the first six issues, and while I liked it and found its presentation cleaver. I didn't like it enough to continue it. Just felt like it was taking to long to get to its point. I wish it the best but it just isn't for me.

Really enjoying this series. I get why someone wouldn't like it, but it ticks all right boxes for me. Sort of a bummer knowing that I'm the only one reading it at my LCS.

I'm certain that there are things about it that I'm missing, so wanna put some of those secrets out there?

I'm digging this series too. Anyone notice there's going to be a bit of Mind MGMT in the next Darkhorse Presents? Any clue what this is going to be and how it ties into the core story?
    ASM, ELEKTRA, SILVERSURFER, DAREDEVIL, MOONKNIGHT, SHEHULK, FANTASTIC FOUR, MM, INVINCIBLE, INVINCIBLEU, MANHATTAN PR, E OF W, BLACKSCIENCE, BEDLAM, VELVET, TWD, SAGA, Mignolaverse, MASSIVE, MIND MGMT

Not sure how it will tie in - I got to talk to Matt at NYCC and he said it was something DH wanted him to do (but I'm sure it will be good).

I love picking this up monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by tapes View Post
    I'm certain that there are things about it that I'm missing, so wanna put some of those secrets out there?
    Did you check out these? They were mentioned in the letter column of the zero issue.

Sadly I'm the only one at my shop who reads it as well. One of my favorite series being published right now.
    www.grayhavencomics.com

'For creators, by creators'

I've read the first issue and loved it. I've got all the remaining issues except the 2nd on it's way to me in my last online comics order. I was planning on getting the trade if I liked the first issue, but considering there will be material added to the singles that won't make it to the trades and actually more importantly this title might very well need the monthly support, I've decided to add the singles to my order lists from now on.

The only problem is that I've been reading comics for so long, that it's been ingrained in my system that I will be unable to read the ones I've bought before I can find the 2nd issue somewhere. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Key View Post
    I've read the first issue and loved it. I've got all the remaining issues except the 2nd on it's way to me in my last online comics order. I was planning on getting the trade if I liked the first issue, but considering there will be material added to the singles that won't make it to the trades and actually more importantly this title might very well need the monthly support, I've decided to add the singles to my order lists from now on.

The only problem is that I've been reading comics for so long, that it's been ingrained in my system that I will be unable to read the ones I've bought before I can find the 2nd issue somewhere. :D
    You can buy the second issue from TFAW

Here's a link

On topic: I've read the first two issues, and I like it, just haven't had any time to buy the rest, because of all my Christmas purchases
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 12-08-2012 at 07:56 AM.

I'm trade waiting for it.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    just haven't had any time to buy the rest, because of all my Christmas purchases
    When you get around to it, I highly recommend reading one at a time, not all at once. There's too much packed in there to absorb in one sitting.

Love the writing, but find the artwork really off-putting. I just don't think it mesches well with the story. It's like looking at a Peanuts Sunday strip with a Hitchcock story laid over the top.