Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs The Gargoyles

The Turtles are spooked when one of the Gargoyles wakes up. The two groups spot each other, but Raphael overreacts and attacks Lexington. The Turtles quickly enter the fray against Goliath, Hudson, Broadway, and Brooklyn as well. If the fight goes on too long, others join the battle - Eliza Maza, April O'Neil, Angela, Casey Jones, etc.

This can include the Mirage Turtles, the comic book Gargoyles, or the 2003 Turtles.

Which team would win 6/10?

The gargoyles are a good deal stronger and can fly ('we merely glide' my ass) and the turtles are equipped mostly with melee weapons that aren't going to do much, if any damage to their stone-tough hides.

I'm liking their chances.

Where does this take place?

You mentioned the Turtles just run into the Gargoyles and get spooked, so I'm guessing it takes place in New York, presumably on a rooftop?

If that's the case I'd give it to the Gargoyles very easily, a mix of strength/durability advantage, (bo staffs and nunchucks won't be enough,) and a definite mobility advantage.

Even in a place like a sewer, I'd still give it to the Gargoyles, though the Turtles might have a shot.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    The gargoyles are a good deal stronger and can fly ('we merely glide' my ass) and the turtles are equipped mostly with melee weapons that aren't going to do much, if any damage to their stone-tough hides.

I'm liking their chances.
    their skin isnt stone hard. they can still bleed and such from weapons. in the first ep, haykan slashed at goliath. he caught the blade and started to bleed. not enough to kill but they aren't immune to weapons.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    The Turtles are spooked when one of the Gargoyles wakes up. The two groups spot each other, but Raphael overreacts and attacks Lexington. The Turtles quickly enter the fray against Goliath, Hudson, Broadway, and Brooklyn as well. If the fight goes on too long, others join the battle - Eliza Maza, April O'Neil, Angela, Casey Jones, etc.

This can include the Mirage Turtles, the comic book Gargoyles, or the 2003 Turtles.

Which team would win 6/10?
    well april and eliza are kinda non factors here since both are out of their leagues in this one.

if we include the new york clan and the 03 turtles, including the lost season, i'm giving this one to the turtles after their tribunal training.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

The Gargoyles take this.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-01-2012 at 02:42 AM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well april and eliza are kinda non factors here since both are out of their leagues in this one.

if we include the new york clan and the 03 turtles, including the lost season, i'm giving this one to the turtles after their tribunal training.
    Eliza has a gun. Also, in the 2003 adaption, if the BacktotheSewers adaption is considered part of that, I believe April received some sort of training from Casey or the Turtles. By the time Turtles Forever (which featured the 2003 Turtles) came out, she was sprinting across rooftops with Casey and the Turtles; she wasn't great at it, but still, if anyone has clarification...

NY Clan would be overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'd still give it to the Gargoyles
    Even in a sewer?

Comic book Gargoyles includes Coldfire and Coldstone, who rejoin the clan, and Brooklyn's family.

Also, if I remember correctly, Brooklyn got himself a laser rifle at some point in the future.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

can't the 03 turtles turn into dragons?

Eliza has a gun.
    While I love Eliza as a character, she's a horrible shot for someone in her line of work. She might be able to hang with Casey in hand to hand for a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    their skin isnt stone hard. they can still bleed and such from weapons. in the first ep, haykan slashed at goliath. he caught the blade and started to bleed. not enough to kill but they aren't immune to weapons.
    It was a glancing wound, barely more than a papercut. And Leonardo's the only one among them an edged weapon. They may not be precisely stone hard but they're definitely tough enough that bo-staffs and nunchaku are going to be annoynces at best.

The turtles are going to be stronger than the medevil knights that the Gargoyles swatted aside. 2003 toon Leo sliced apart that big mech easily after his training with the Ancient One.

Add on the fact that they're faster and more skilled and the Gargoyles aren't going to be shrugging off their attacks.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Well, the Turtles can rumble against stronger opponents, and defeat them, but usually it takes teamwork against one or two opponents. If it was the four of them against just Goliath, they could do it, but four on five, I don't see it working out. The Turtles are probably more agile and quicker, so that might be of some use.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Well, the Turtles can rumble against stronger opponents, and defeat them, but usually it takes teamwork against one or two opponents. If it was the four of them against just Goliath, they could do it, but four on five, I don't see it working out. The Turtles are probably more agile and quicker, so that might be of some use.
    Thing is... it is not four on four.

With the inclusion of comics Gargoyles...

Well, that's the original six.

Plus Angela.

Plus Coldstone and Coldfire.

Plus Brooklyn's wife and kids. And their dog.

Also, Brooklyn has a laser rifle.

The turtles kind of need some serious backup, stat.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Thing is... it is not four on four.

With the inclusion of comics Gargoyles...
    I count five to start.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy