View Poll Results: Who thinks TWD should have its own sub forum on CBR?

Voters
29. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I do.. I do...

10 34.48%
  • I don't.. *grumpy face*

18 62.07%
  • Walking Dead? whats that?

1 3.45%
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Default Who thinks CBR should just create a Walking Dead sub forum?

Here are the facts..

1. Batman, Hellboy, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man and a few other comic book franchises have their own subforums and many of them aren't nearly as relevant as TWD is right now.

2. There are Walking Dead threads in the games sub forum, tv sub forum, and the Image sub comics forum, and if there's a toy sub forum here I imagine there's a TWD thread there as well.

It would just make more sense to be able to talk about all things TWD without having to dance around the tv, game, and image comics forum.

So who thinks TWD should have its own sub forum?
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 11-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.

I'm all for it.
    Favorite show on TV, Favorite book in the pull list and I'm over due for a shirt...

Same here..

As for the show and the book. I haven't seen a tshirt print I like, yet. Well.. a few of the "bootleg" ones out there are cool but they'll probably disintegrate when washed.

And the Telltale game.. just kicked my ass... I'm now playing through it a second time making different major choices to see just how different the experience will be.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 11-30-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Definitely for it. Walking Dead is arguably the biggest comic in the world right now. Days Gone Bye is ALWAYS in the top ten graphic novel sales and has been since forever. It probably should have had its own sub forum long ago.

Is there a lot to discuss about though ?

For example Green Lantern titles sells are good and this franchise has lot of fans but a GL sub forum never worked for long.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

The amount of interest this thread has accumulated is an indicator of the uselessness of having a Walking Dead sub-forum.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Well unless I'm mistaken, Green Lantern sells well but there's only a comic to discuss, unless people are into discussing the film that flopped with critics in a big way.

TWD on the other hand..

The thread for the show is pretty active, the same with the game, and threads about the trades and comic. I think if all the threads are moved to one sub forum, it would stay pretty busy.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 12-01-2012 at 12:28 PM.

There is one Walking Dead thread here, with just over 1000 posts. That does not indicate (to me, anyway) the need for an entire sub-forum.

BANNED

There's more than one, as the OP pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Well unless I'm mistaken, Green Lantern sells well but there's only a comic to discuss, unless people are into discussing the film that flopped with critics in a big way.
    Not to derail, but especially when repping indie comics and horror and whatnot, seems odd to throw that critics thing in there. Naturally, taste in art/entertainment is subjective, even if say more critics didn't happen to like The Walking Dead, it'd still be the same thing to you. So just saying, the ol' saying something didn't do well critically as a way to dismiss it seems odd, especially when rooting for the underdogs here.

Also, while I'm not a Green Lantern fan myself, I do think a line of several comics is more to discuss than one monthly comic and a 13-ish episode annual show. I'm more of an indie guy, but well, those Marvel/DC threads do move a lot quicker. Some of my favs don't even have one active topic, which is fine, and well, I don't think most comics would need their own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgrantlloyd View Post
    Definitely for it. Walking Dead is arguably the biggest comic in the world right now. Days Gone Bye is ALWAYS in the top ten graphic novel sales and has been since forever. It probably should have had its own sub forum long ago.
    Just for fun, and to be literal, I'm gonna point out the biggest comic would be one from Japan. Comics (manga) sell mindblowingly higher there than here. One Piece for example.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 12-02-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Not to derail, but especially when repping indie comics and horror and whatnot, seems odd to throw that critics thing in there. Naturally, taste in art/entertainment is subjective, even if say more critics didn't happen to like The Walking Dead, it'd still be the same thing to you.
    You're right, I shoudn't have thrown critics into the pot. The point I was trying to make is this, the Green Lantern film did alright but it's already a distant memory, so I don't see how a thread about the film could really generate that much interest. However, the Walking Dead is extremely relevant right now, and it generates a lot of discussion on this forum. So I'm pretty sure if you moved all the TWD threads to one specific forum, it would make things easier for fans of the franchise, and it could generate more new members.

But well.. majority rules and it seems so far the majority feel there's no need to have all the twd threads in one place.

There should absolutely have a TWD thread

Hrmm.. the idea of a walking dead sub forum seems to be about as popular as Romney.

I decided to play on Google and see if there were any good Walking Dead forums where everything is suggested in one place.

The best one I found was this one..

http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/

Aesthetically, there are better ones than that one but most of regulars seem to be very newbie like when it comes to the comic.