Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rumored Creative Team Changes

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...xt-few-months/

batgirl, birds of prey, dark knight, flash, hawkman, swamp thing

In the case of Hawkman, I think it's almost a necessity.

In the case of Birds of Prey, I liked what Duane was doing, but it never quite came together.

In the case of Dark KNight, the new writer has been a bit of a disappointment, but it steadily improves. I'll be interested to see who they give it to -- Fialkov?

In the case of Batgirl, opinions are divisive. For me it could probably only go up.

In the case of Swamp Thing, it's expected but really it's a book a lot of people love so it could go either way.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I hope Flash is just a misinterpretation of the two month break we already know Manapul's taking. That's the only one on this list that would be a real loss.

Duane... I liked his writing, but that doesn't mean much when editorial hasn't let him tell a full story in a year.

Swamp Thing... Again, liked the writing, but probably better to replace Snyder than stretch him too thin.

Batgirl, hard to conceive how it could get worse. But I'm sure DC can find some way to surprise me.

TDK/Hawkman? Eh.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

what about us who are reading Batgirl despite the creative team? Us that yearn for a Batgirl: Year One-esque story?

I like BoP, but would not be opposed to a change. Dark Knight's Scarecrow arc has been coming along nicely, so I'd like to give the team a little more time.

batgirl? I have loved this, and loved Gail Simone's writing. I fear that this might be a reaction to Babs, not her, and I think that'd be a poor reason to replace the team.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

I'm very surprised to see the Flash there.

Not all that surprised by either Batgirl or BoP though. Given the recent comments on her tumblr about getting the chance to write an iconic female character she's neverwritten before and about her contrct being up soon, I wouldn't be too surprised if Gail Simone was heading for greener pastures. And while I've enjoyed BoP it does feel like it's been ****ed over by editorial several times already.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Well, I had a feeling Duane was leaving, normally he gets back to me on twitter when I ask a Birds of Prey question, and he has not, which I think means he is leaving so the future of Birds is no up to him. Which sucks, Duane had plans for Ivy to return, and I wanted to see it though (I mean she is dieing). I know batGRRRl4ever will be happy that he is leaving. I wonder if Gail is leaving Batgirl to take over Birds of Prey? If so that would be cool. I just don't want to see that, what could have been great, Poison Ivy story to die when Duane leaves. I mean maybe Duane had enough of all the editorial problems with the book and not having the same writing freedom as a normal writer, so he is moving to a different book, or leaving DC all together.

He still has has Bloodshot from Valiant that I am reading, which is very good. So at least I still have that.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I read the first couple issues of Birds of Prey and I thought they were okay. I probably would have added it to my pull list, but I'm trying to limit it to the books I really want to read. Not just stuff that's merely okay. I'd give a new writer a shot, though.

Batgirl, man, I tell ya, I tried. I really did. Like so many fans, I wanted to like the book. It was just so bad that I couldn't do it. Another title I would look at again if it had a creative change.

Swamp Thing, I dunno. New writer is going to have big shoes to fill. I'll give it a shot though.

The rest are titles I have no interest in, at this point. But who knows? If they bring in a writer whose work I really dig, we'll see.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    what about us who are reading Batgirl despite the creative team? Us that yearn for a Batgirl: Year One-esque story?
    THANK. YOU.

Really hope Gail's leaving.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Interesting stuff. If true, BoP, TDK, and Flash are the ones that I'll be eager to see who the new writer (or entire creative team) are. I've been interested in the Hawkman character, but I suppose an amazing creative team is what'll be the breaking point for me to actually buy the book. But I don't see that (an amazing creative team being put on the book) happening. I really wanted to like Swamp Thing. I actually did until I realized the Rot arc was just dragging on way too long... I'll be interested to see who takes over for that.

I'd definitely like to see Fialkov on one of the titles. I'm wondering if both Manapul + Booch will be off Flash, or if the writing change is just it going fully to Booch. They said they had a 24-issue arc in mind, wonder if its they themselves who are ending it prematurely, or if it's DC forcing their hand to end it early.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Veteran Member

If this rumour is true, I'm glad that Duane is leaving Birds of Prey. I was one of the early supporters of that book and I truly liked the first few issues but it quickly became an unfocused mess, not to mention how the guy likes to make his own creation (Starling) into a complete Mary Sue.

Batgirl was... okay, not as bad as its haters wanted you to believe, not as good as its lovers wanted you to believe. I would'nt mind to see a change of direction.

The Flash would be the real loss here, I really enjoy what Manapul/Buccellato are doing and they keep improving their writing skills, this better be fake.

Surprised that they're not planning to cancel Hawkman and Batwing yet, just changing their creative teams. We will see.

Nah, there's no way Flash has changes, I think it's just referencing that Manapul is taking a two-issue break.

Swamp Thing is a given, Snyder's all but confirmed it by talking about his projects next year, bringing up Batman, Superman & The Wake as well as the American Vampire hiatus, but no word on Swamp Thing.

Dark Knight, again, that may just be referencing that David Finch is leaving and Van Sciver is joining.

Batgirl has finally had some decent issues lately, but I don't think I'd be bothered with a creative change, and yeah, I think it'd probably go up too. Birds of Prey has been enjoyable, but yeah, I think it could get better too. That said if the book is cancelled I do hope Starling is kept around in the DCU.

Hawkman, I have no idea who's currently writing that, is it still on Liefeld's scripts or whatever, but yeah, given the calibre of writing it's had, it desperately needs someone to just find a way to reboot and refresh the current book.

BANNED

I'm hoping for China Mieville on Swamp Thing. I'm hoping Flash keeps the same creative team.

Zero interest in the rest of those books.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

The only one of those changes I care about is with Birds of Prey. I don't know if editorial is the true cause of the book's problems or not, but a new writer could be good. As long as Starling stays, I'll stay.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

BANNED

What a weird article. What's wrong with Rich?
    He was the one breaking the news that Andy Diggle would be the writer on Action Comics and now he apparently forgot it.
    Paul Jenkins is off TDK for a time now and we already knew David Finch was leaving it for JLA. The new writer is Greg Hurtwiz.

I gave BoP a chance, and didn't like the art , the story, or , for that matter, Starling, so I quit it quickly. Others raved about it , I took another peek, and still wasn't interested.

On the other hand, I liked Batgirl, and thought it was getting better as it went on. Mind you, I'm a fan of Gail Simone so that may have biased me, and I'll admit it isn't her best work but I still liked it. If she is moving to a new project, I'll give it a chance too.

Hawkman needs a rescue. I am not the biggest fan of the character, but depending on who they put on it I might give it a shot.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams