Thread: Masks, #1

Hybrid View

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Masks, #1

Other than the swanky Alex Ross art "Masks" #1 offers readers a solid story from Chris Roberson that features the Shadow, Green Hornet, Kato, and a drawing of Zorro.

Full article here.

A bit of an odd ending of the review; it sounds as if the reviewer didn't know that Ross was only doing the art for issue 1. Unless the point was to send a message to Dynamite not to switch creative teams in mid-story (which I suppose means we can anticipate a scathing review next time?).

Haha! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I read the end. I was like, "He'll be in for a surprise with #2, then." :)
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Didn't they already start a thread on this book?

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...433684-Masks-1
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't they already start a thread on this book?

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...433684-Masks-1
    That's the preview thread. *Shrugs*

I second this review! I was excited when this series was first announced, but as the $4 price tag weighed on me (I know its not going away, but I'm still fighting it) I got less enthusiastic. I ended up getting it on a lark (which I rarely do these days) and now I'm damn excited for the next issue. As long as the story keeps up and Calero doesn't let down, this will be one of my favorite series of the year! As an Old Time Radio fan (of Hornet, Shadow and Lama...what there is of his, at least), I've been eager to see a series like this and this issue definitely delivered.