Default Peter Cannon Thunderbolt #2 (SPOILERS)

Wow. This book is one of the most unique super hero books on the shelves. Great storyline. Beautiful art. Great great character & concept.

I absolutely loved this issue. The first one was prettyd ecent but this one knocked it out of the park.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

I had the opposite feeling. I liked the first issue a lot, this one not quite so much. My big problem here is that this issue is simply confusing. It jumps all over the place rather unclearly, and it takes you a while to realize that the scene you just read took place in the past. Non-linear storytelling has its place, but you better execute well, and this issue didn't.

Still, I'm keeping with the series...for the time being.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

It was definitely a dense read, but enjoyable.

I got a real chuckle out of the one panel came of Kato and Clutch from the Green Hornet in the airport. Nicely done Mr Lau, nicely done.

Seems like they are doing some setup for villains for future issues.

Princess Evila is a character from the original PAM run of Thunderbolt, as is the Hooded One.

Tiger is a new character, unless he's meant as a nod to the Judomaster's young associate, Tiger.

Other villains from the original series: Gore the Man-Ape, The Cobra, The Mummy, and the Tongs.

Yeah i am a little confused by everything going on... Does he make the Dragon appear and on purpose? and if so what about when he was in the temple and it appeared out of nowhere and it destroyed everything? he seemed pretty shocked and upset at least for him anyways.

The other problem i am having is this guy isn't very likable at all i guess mostly because of how he goes on and on about how bad western society is while benefiting from it.
    and while obviously he sees it as a necessary evil to get his idea's out it's not exactly doing any real good and it may backfire on him.

I guess they are trying to make him complicated and veer him closer to his Ozymandias analogue? Ozy was kind of a presumptuous prick too so i guess it fits, but i'm just not sure how this is gonna work when he is the lead character in the book.

Was the dragon "personality" in the original series?

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Was the dragon "personality" in the original series?
    I didn't see any indication of it when i read his wiki bio.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

The build up to the third issue was great with the ambush and abduction of Cannon, but the epic fight with the man on the tiger mask was downright epic. This series is truly something special.