View Poll Results: New Avengers: Which Female Characters Do You Want To Join?

Voters
100. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Abigail Brand

33 33.00%
  • Monica Rambeau

30 30.00%
  • Moonstone

9 9.00%
  • Storm

18 18.00%
  • Kitty Pride

18 18.00%
  • Emma Frost

23 23.00%
  • Red She-Hulk

9 9.00%
  • Songbird

20 20.00%
  • Other?

33 33.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    How is it forced if they are on the team in Hickman's new incarnation. T'Challa was against the Illuminati but now he's the one to reform it?
    D reason 4 d existence of d previous Illuminati is VASTLY different frm NOW....U CANT COMPARE A CIVIL WAR AMONGST HEROES(previous Illuminati) 2 AN INTER-UNIVERSE COLLISION(current Illuminati/nu NA). In d civil war scenario BP had 4sight beyond d rest enuff 2 know dat their actions wud b mo or less negligable if nt unnecessary but den when it cums 2 d collapse of d Multiverse...dat truely a problem worth d covening of d Illuminati.

All we/SZ can hope 4 now is 2 c d following...

Ego d living planet
    Living Tribunal
    Universe abstracts
    Celestials
    Eternals
    Galactus & SS
    Council of Watchers
    Deviants
    Adam Warlock (&/or possibly Magus returns)
    Maxam
    AoA/Atlas Empire

A multiverse collision is certainly worth d attention &/or appearance of all d abv.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    If tchalla sees a need for them then no, it doesn't seem forced. Characters change minds due to circumstances all the time. Beast is a world recognized authority on genetics and mutant DNA, not to mention an engineering and physics expert in his own right. So after Xavier and Magneto, he'd be a logical choice to represent mutants in that group. Not to mention he's trusted as an avenger by old buddies tchalla and stark. Colliding alternate realities? He's dealt with the mechanics of that before in avengers and even recently in Ellis xmen. For people not to be aware of hank's credits in the world intellectual community and advanced science acumen makes me think they've never read xmen.

Namor is not a genius, but he IS a world leader. He's king of Atlantis, and honestly rules in many ways the oceans, which take up 3/4 of the earth's surface. So yeah, he's a power player.

The criteria is and has been the best and most influential minds in the MU, and those who hold power on a world scale. An illuminati group in theory is usually made up of people like this anyway. If that's not the criteria, they should just be another super hero book.
    Isn't that what this is? How hard is it it to make any of these qualified female candidates a member of this team? Is that so implausible?

Also, when has political power played a role in any of the stories of the Illuminati? When they fought the Beyonder? The Skrulls? Noh-Var? What political strings were pulled?

Let's just agree to disagree because neither one of us is giving any ground in this and we're going in circles. I say they're qualified, you say they aren't. Leave it there.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    D reason 4 d existence of d previous Illuminati is VASTLY different frm NOW....U CANT COMPARE A CIVIL WAR AMONGST HEROES(previous Illuminati) 2 AN INTER-UNIVERSE COLLISION(current Illuminati/nu NA). In d civil war scenario BP had 4sight beyond d rest enuff 2 know dat their actions wud b mo or less negligable if nt unnecessary but den when it cums 2 d collapse of d Multiverse...dat truely a problem worth d covening of d Illuminati.

All we/SZ can hope 4 now is 2 c d following...

Ego d living planet
    Living Tribunal
    Universe abstracts
    Celestials
    Eternals
    Galactus & SS
    Council of Watchers
    Deviants
    Adam Warlock (&/or possibly Magus returns)
    Maxam
    AoA/Atlas Empire

A multiverse collision is certainly worth d attention &/or appearance of all d abv.
    I agree. I wasn't questioning T'Challa involvement just pointing out a case of this not being the same Illuminati as the last and the reasons are different for them forming this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Yeah...I do not understand this whole "only specific criteria" needed to join the Illuminati, either.
    It may have been derived from TDWFH's Illuminati but for all intents and purposes this is Hickman's project/new incarnation...so while he could stick to the original as per membership and wotnot, he may not be obligated (editorially or otherwise) to do so.

Besides, the previous incarnation was tragic and horribly misguided.

edit...Now that I've seen those scans... I think Selene would be absolutely perfect for Hickman's Illuminati.
    Well then if there is no specific criteria (even though its been stated in the solicits on the group) then storm should join...along with Luke cage, captain Britain, Shang chi, and spider woman.

Lets make it a party up in this piece....

Well then if there is no specific criteria (even though its been stated in the solicits on the group) then storm should join...along with Luke cage, captain Britain, Shang chi, and spider woman.

Lets make it a party up in this piece....
    I agree with you, I think Emma given her predicament at the moment isn't in the position to offer much until Cyclops X-Men is defined a bit more. Looks like he's building a school of his own.

I think Brand is a good one too. Thena not so much because the Eternals are supposed to stay out of everyones business. It's kind of their policy. I don't agree with Storm either she doesn't fit with the others because she's a warrior like Cap, Thor, Cyclops not a visionary. Storm failed in the Black Panther series on the political stage. Kitty perhaps given her position at the school but she doesn't have the same ego as the others which is kind of how all the members were picked. Medusa would be viable if Blackbolt wasn't there. She was written as such when Blackbolt was dead.

I get the Beast inclusion but I don't think he's a visionary either.

And adding Selene to the Illuminati is stupid. They're supposed to be "good" guys Selene is evil. There's no grey area there. She wouldn't even work in the Cabal.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-02-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Isn't that what this is? How hard is it it to make any of these qualified female candidates a member of this team? Is that so implausible?

Also, when has political power played a role in any of the stories of the Illuminati? When they fought the Beyonder? The Skrulls? Noh-Var? What political strings were pulled?

Let's just agree to disagree because neither one of us is giving any ground in this and we're going in circles. I say they're qualified, you say they aren't. Leave it there.
    From how it's being touted, no, it's not just another superhero book. That's what the adjectiveless avengers are. Again, Hickman himself has stated this is to be the most powerful and influential minds in the MU, or the world movers. Most everybody on this board has been saying that as well.

And I've said Brand could fit. Emma and thena could if you chose to give them more influence in the MU. But without that criteria, Tigra may as well join.

And let's be clear, I've not only disagreed, I've given reasons why some of the characters mentioned do not fit the criteria based off of what the writer himself has given. I'm just not emotionally trying to fit in certain characters off of the need for diversity. The bigger issue is marvel needs to build their female characters up, or create new ones with the acumen.

But yeah, we can agree to disagree, but I'll still call out points that I don't see fit.

From how it's being touted, no, it's not just another superhero book. That's what the adjectiveless avengers are. Again, Hickman himself has stated this is to be the most powerful and influential minds in the MU, or the world movers. Most everybody on this board has been saying that as well.

And I've said Brand could fit. Emma and thena could if you chose to give them more influence in the MU. But without that criteria, Tigra may as well join.

And let's be clear, I've not only disagreed, I've given reasons why some of the characters mentioned do not fit the criteria based off of what the writer himself has given. I'm just not emotionally trying to fit in certain characters off of the need for diversity. The bigger issue is marvel needs to build their female characters up, or create new ones with the acumen.

But yeah, we can agree to disagree, but I'll still call out points that I don't see fit.
    Sure you can and I'll still make my arguments as well. There are plenty of females listed here that can be on this team despite the flawed reasoning of some.

If it weren't just another superhero book Doom would be on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I agree with you, I think Emma given her predicament at the moment isn't in the position to offer much until Cyclops X-Men is defined a bit more. Looks like he's building a school of his own.

I think Brand is a good one too. Thena not so much because the Eternals are supposed to stay out of everyones business. It's kind of their policy. I don't agree with Storm either she doesn't fit with the others because she's a warrior like Cap, Thor, Cyclops not a visionary. Storm failed in the Black Panther series on the political stage. Kitty perhaps given her position at the school but she doesn't have the same ego as the others which is kind of how all the members were picked. Medusa would be viable if Blackbolt wasn't there. She was written as such when Blackbolt was dead.

I get the Beast inclusion but I don't think he's a visionary either.

And adding Selene to the Illuminati is stupid. They're supposed to be "good" guys Selene is evil. There's no grey area there. She wouldn't even work in the Cabal.
    I agree with all of this, and thanks for a well considered, logical reply.

I agree too medusa would be fine if BB was not already there. Kudos on everything else you stated. Brand would be cool given her position and thus resources so maybe she'll be included later. I'm betting though beast will call his girlfriend for a favor.

And don't get me wrong, beast is def low man on the totem pole there, but he is a great researcher and problem solver and a recognized intellect so if they are going to be dealing with alternate realities and beings from there, he may even surpass the others in that group in terms of understanding genetic structures and DNA. If he is there in Xavier's stead, he's the logical choice for this type of group.

Sure you can and I'll still make my arguments as well. There are plenty of females listed here that can be on this team despite the flawed reasoning of some.

If it weren't just another superhero book Doom would be on this team.
    That's overstatement and just think you're just being disingenuous now. It's a book with superheroes but they are not involved in the regular stuff superheroes do like adjectiveless avengers will be doing.

It's funny that you and some others seem to not have actually read the solicits for the book, clearly stating WHAT the book is about and what the criteria for this group is.

Flawed thinking honestly comes from an emotional reaction to something without thinking about it logically. In this case, the emotional reaction to the perceived injustice that no women are in the group. When the injustice is that very few women in the MU meet the criteria the WRITER of the book stated, including the ones in your list. Something marvel needs to address.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Now there's a character that would fit! If only he were more trustworthy.

Guys, I've started a Q+A thread if you want to ask me questions about either Avengers or New Avengers.

I voted for Emma.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...an-Hickman-Q-A

JH

Quote Originally Posted by JHickman View Post
    Guys, I've started a Q+A thread if you want to ask me questions about either Avengers or New Avengers.

I voted for Emma.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...an-Hickman-Q-A

JH
    Hahahahahaha!!! Thanks for stopping by Mr Hickman.

Hahahahahaha!!! Thanks for stopping by Mr Hickman.
    A: Already said if any women were to be included, Emma, along with Brand, would be one of the few choices fitting the criteria. However, he still did'nt use her.

B: Why dont you really ask him what you want, which is why he didnt use her, or any other MU female yet, in the book? Especially for the current problen they'll be facing? You already asked him one question on the Q and A board, and I thought this was an issue you felt strongly about?

I'll ask him for you..

A: Already said if any women were to be included, Emma, along with Brand, would be one of the few choices fitting the criteria. However, he still did'nt use her.

B: Why dont you really ask him what you want, which is why he didnt use her, or any other MU female yet, in the book? Especially for the current problen they'll be facing? You already asked him one question on the Q and A board, and I thought this was an issue you felt strongly about?
    Dude, I'm laughing because I thought it was a treat for Mr Hickman to post in the thread. It wasn't directed at anyone if that's what your implying. And what I really wanted to know, he already answered long ago. You've made you points and I've made mine. Mr Hickman's post doesn't change any of that.

If he had pointed out the same arguments that you made I still would have had the same response. I'm not taking any of this personal and I hope that you don't either.

Dude, I'm laughing because I thought it was a treat for Mr Hickman to post in the thread. It wasn't directed at anyone if that's what your implying. And what I really wanted to know, he already answered long ago. You've made you points and I've made mine. Mr Hickman's post doesn't change any of that.

If he had pointed out the same arguments that you made I still would have had the same response. I'm not taking any of this personal and I hope that you don't either.
    Well Im glad to hear that, cause some of the language in your response said otherwise. "flawed" for instance...but I asked him on his Q and A board anyway cause really, I'd like to know what he'll say. So yeah, cool.