View Poll Results: New Avengers: Which Female Characters Do You Want To Join?

Voters
100. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Abigail Brand

33 33.00%
  • Monica Rambeau

30 30.00%
  • Moonstone

9 9.00%
  • Storm

18 18.00%
  • Kitty Pride

18 18.00%
  • Emma Frost

23 23.00%
  • Red She-Hulk

9 9.00%
  • Songbird

20 20.00%
  • Other?

33 33.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    She lost all her money by liquidating her own company and her x-influence since genx has been purely from banging Scott Summers that is done now. Her power is at an all time low.
    I'm not super familiar with x-books (...or at all) but if this is true, then maybe joining this team could be a way for her to get her power and influence back? And then tell the Old Boys Club where to stick it.

BANNED

Brand. She's the only one that fits.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think Medusa should've been used over Black Bolt since she could communicate with the others.

That being said, I think Julia Carpenter (Madame Web) would be a great choice since she can see the future.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

No female character feel right. The ones that fit NA in-universe are largely irrelevant to the readers.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Cool My Vote Went too... #1

1.) Emma Frost - The New avengers, or the Illuminati had Charles X in there group, but he is gone now. So Emma would be a Great addition to Fill in for the Telepath role and Emma would do a darn good job at that Job very Well. Also, a group like this feels like an Elite Class of Heroes, an Emma is right up their Allie. Emma has spent her life in elite society and she would help the team greatly in Social Elite Society and Emma's Womanly Charm is Second to NON!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emma-Frost-The-White-Queen-women-of-the-x-30433259-432-502.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	105096

My Other 3 Votes Choices will Come Later. =)
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Yeah, this should serve as a bit of an eye opener.

The top of the MU are filled with men. Hell, BP is really on this list because of what Priest, Johns, Bendis, and well, Hudlin, did to remind people that BP is in the same tier. Other decades would have ignored him for like Pym.

Again, Marvel needs to diversify their bonds.
    I've said it in these threads before and I'll say it again.

You have to stretch to find 20 legitimate female geniuses in fiction (let alone comics) and stretch yourself even further to find women who are either geniuses or a Central Pillar of Influence in a Fictional Universe like this.

It's great to see Panther on this team (though Hickman and Marvel in general are going to have to sell me on them not pulling YET ANOTHER Lucy with the Football in this regard), but damn, we gotta do better on this stuff, and we can't take Baby Steps there anymore.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

"TOP 3" Candidates
    1. Agent Abigail Bradn, Director of S.W.O.R.D. (nuff said)
    2. Emma Frost (the world's most powerful telepath and major mutant leader)
    3. Storm [Ororo Monroe] (one of the world's greatest leaders, one of the world's most skilled thieves, very powerful, mutant leader, former Queen of Wakanda)

All three are more qualified to be on this team than Beast.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

If I had to choose, I think I would choose perhaps Thena and maybe Emma but really, the Illuminati concept as it goes I just feel no one is fitting so far. Though this might be an incentive to prop up some more female characters to being big powershakers. Its not because there aren't any, there are plenty of powerful women in power. Like the All-Mother in Asgard, Emma Frost even though she is now on the run, Shuri of Wakanda etc etc. But its just none are as firmly entrenched as the ones already present.

From whats been given, I think I am content that all the influential posts are done. There is only a few spots that one perhaps could add. Maybe someone from the Eternals, maybe Captain Britain as someone representing the Omniverse but they aren't a necessity. Anyway, again, just my opinion.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    No female character feel right. The ones that fit NA in-universe are largely irrelevant to the readers.
    Pretty much this.

I'll admit that I'm at a bit of a loss as to why people are always demanding status quos that cater to every possible demographic. This is a prime example of where it's gone off the rails.

If there is no character that fits the bill, trying to shoehorn one in to sate a desire for 'equality' (in fiction, no less) is a disservice to the story.

In this instance I would simply suggest you skip the book if you're so offended and spend your time and money reading about any of the amazing heroines Marvel offers in most of thier other books.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I agree that if Black Bolt were still dead, Medusa would be a pretty good choice.

Other than that, Marvel needs to get on the ball when it comes to developing female power players. Really, Emma was only one I've seen that's on Illuminati level.
    I agree, Emma's the only person I could see playing ball with these guys on that level. She has the intelligence, the power, and the ability to make the tough calls. Quite frankly I don't think there is anyone else.
    Last edited by Zagreus; 12-01-2012 at 08:22 AM.

I like the idea of she-hulk but not red, just Jen.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    That's the thing. I don't see folks _seriously_ trying to find out who to add to this 'team,' when the poll is made mostly of political non-entities, and folks are suggesting Black Cat! Even Sage and Thena have zero political power, nor are they movers and shakers. They may be powerful characters in their own right, but how do they fit the concept of the Illuminati?

Thena is Queen of the Eternals.

While Zuras, her Father is alive again,(was dead in the 80's miniseries) the last Eternals series made him seem rather addled.

He isn't running anything at the moment.

Emma would be a fun pick too, and, after reading Captain Marvel I wouldn't mind Monica.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Pretty much this.
    I'll admit that I'm at a bit of a loss as to why people are always demanding status quos that cater to every possible demographic. This is a prime example of where it's gone off the rails.
    If there is no character that fits the bill, trying to shoehorn one in to sate a desire for 'equality' (in fiction, no less) is a disservice to the story.
    In this instance I would simply suggest you skip the book if you're so offended and spend your time and money reading about any of the amazing heroines Marvel offers in most of thier other books.
    I think Hickman's bold "I'm focused on diversity" (to me) has backfired. His 22+ Avengers is confirmed at 18 so far (NONE OF THEM ARE LGBT). His New Avengers has no women (or LGBT, or disabled). Does this mean the comic will be bad? No. It'll probably still be good. Does this mean Hickman should maybe not gloat and pat himself on the back about "focusing on diversity". F*ck, YES! Kieron Gillen didn't brag, and his team is 4/6 diversity; compared to 1/6 for Hickman's New Avengers.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."