Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    for me personally the quicker the MPAA goes out of business the better, ratings mean next to nothing (thanks to the internet, inflation and the death of Blockbuster).
    How many kids do you have and what are their ages?

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Another relevant question: so the mother of your child really doesn't give a shit?

If the MPAA went out of business tomorrow, there's no reason you couldn't still make sure your kids don't see anything that you deem inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If the MPAA went out of business tomorrow, there's no reason you couldn't still make sure your kids don't see anything that you deem inappropriate.
    truth...there is enough information out there to make an informed decision

you do not need the antiquated MPAA secret police telling you
    Support your local roller derby league

Requiring parents to do some proper parenting? Hah. It seems like legions of parents these days will do anything to escape the responsibilities of being a parent.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

BANNED

Please list how.

Aside from watching the movie by yourself first, I can't really think of any ways off the top of my head. Nothing wrong with an unbiased third-party letting me know if a movie will give my kid nightmares or not.
    Last edited by jediracer; 12-05-2012 at 10:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Requiring parents to do some proper parenting? Hah. It seems like legions of parents these days will do anything to escape the responsibilities of being a parent.
    Again, how the heck would I know that The Hobbit has "extended sequences of intense fantasy action violence, and frightening images" if the mpaa didn't tell me? (Aside from pre-screening the movie myself.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    So what you're saying is, I'm "escaping the responsibilities of being a parent" by relying on the mpaa to let me know what movies may or may not be appropriate for me to take my kids to? Really?

Please list how.

Aside from watching the movie by yourself first, I can't really think of any ways off the top of my head. Nothing wrong with an unbiased third-party letting me know if a movie will give my kid nightmares or not.
    press reviews that are out a week before the movies release...they usually indicate what kind of content is in the movie
    Support your local roller derby league

I helped raise both my younger brother and sister who were 10+ years younger than me when my mother died.

Also the MPAA is a political organization that is now focused on helping with the destruction of our 4th and 8th constitutional amendments.

2007 Mutant League Champion

So what you're saying is, I'm "escaping the responsibilities of being a parent" by relying on the mpaa to let me know what movies may or may not be appropriate for me to take my kids to? Really?
    No, I wasn't meaning to pin that on you specifically. Sorry you took it that way. I was speaking more in a broader term, lots of parents like to shed the responsibility of parenting as much as they can.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    I helped raise both my younger brother and sister who were 10+ years younger than me when my mother died.

Also the MPAA is a political organization that is now focused on helping with the destruction of our 4th and 8th constitutional amendments.
    I'll admit, I had to google 4th and 8th constitutional amendments...illegal search and seizue, and cruel and unusual punishment? Please enlighten me on the MPAA's interest in these amendments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    press reviews that are out a week before the movies release...they usually indicate what kind of content is in the movie
    Yeah, not too keen on relying on Entertainment Weekly as a replacement for the MPAA.

Parents don't say "Oh, it's PG-13; therefore, I can't take my children to see this. I have to listen to the MPAA." The ratings are just used as a guide. That's it.

PG-13 has gotten a lot more lenient then i remember growing up, but i bet its about being able to take kids to the movies without have a guilt trip from the parents.

www.quadaces.com