Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 370
  1. #316
    Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Unless that's part of the reason why he doesn't get Magneto, because there was no logical way to get him on the team.
    There's tons of ways to get him on the team, the easiest being to say that Prof X gave him his gem. I don't think guys like Namor and Black Bolt would really care that Mags was a villain, plus the simple fact that they're all together would mean there's more important things to take care of than scolding Magneto or worrying that he's a bad guy.

    I think the main reason Hickman couldn't get Magneto though is that Bendis wanted him. He's a part of Uncanny X-Men and Bendis specifically mentioned the plans he has for Magneto. I could see those plans making him unavailable for whatever Hickman had planned.

  2. #317
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    There's tons of ways to get him on the team, the easiest being to say that Prof X gave him his gem. I don't think guys like Namor and Black Bolt would really care that Mags was a villain, plus the simple fact that they're all together would mean there's more important things to take care of than scolding Magneto or worrying that he's a bad guy.

    I think the main reason Hickman couldn't get Magneto though is that Bendis wanted him. He's a part of Uncanny X-Men and Bendis specifically mentioned the plans he has for Magneto. I could see those plans making him unavailable for whatever Hickman had planned.
    I agree with everything you just said. I even gave examples in my previous post

  3. #318
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London/NEW YORK
    Posts
    12,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    LOL, like Prof X would do that.
    Xavier has previously left Magneto in charge of his school; and Magneto (in turn) has trusted Xavier with his daughter's mind. They are best friends for a reason; and have trusted one another with their most valuable possessions.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I know, but the mutant cause isn't something he's ever really championed. He kind of just went along with it, and judging by his post AvX appearance he doesn't wish to be involved with any of them.
    Namor joining and being supportive of mutants was my favourite thing Fraction did.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I've always got a "boys club" feeling from the Illuminati from day one. It just strikes me as that kind of team. I'm surprised their meeting place wasn't up a tree with a sign saying "No gurlz allowed".
    HAHA!

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    And frankly, addressing it is the wrong thing to do. You don't have them on panel saying "Gee guys, women sure do suck, huh? Glad they're not around." That would be moronic. No, you have them doing the kind of shady, patronizing crap that there aren't a lot of women in the MU who aren't supervillains would do. Show, not tell.
    So... are you saying Hickman should make them all d*cks (pun intended) to prove how much they NEED a woman's touch???

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Namor maybe, depending on what kind of mood he's in and if he thinks he'll have more of an opportunity to be an a-hole of Magneto is around, which seems to be how he picks sides these days. He's become like the Sid Vicious of the superhero set. The rest? Black Bolt has no reason to love Magneto. Reed, Tony, Stephen and T'Challa even less. If it did happen, it happens because Magneto has the gem, and whatchya gonna do? But you know he's the first guy they figure out a way to get the gem away from if they can.
    Right now Namor would support taking the gem away from Tony, over Magneto. The Phoenix 5 is all Tony's fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    There's tons of ways to get him on the team, the easiest being to say that Prof X gave him his gem. I don't think guys like Namor and Black Bolt would really care that Mags was a villain, plus the simple fact that they're all together would mean there's more important things to take care of than scolding Magneto or worrying that he's a bad guy.
    I think the main reason Hickman couldn't get Magneto though is that Bendis wanted him. He's a part of Uncanny X-Men and Bendis specifically mentioned the plans he has for Magneto. I could see those plans making him unavailable for whatever Hickman had planned.
    Agree on both points. If Xavier gave Magneto the gem, Iron Man has no right to try and take it away. I'm nervous about Bendis' Magneto... much like him Emma, on a good day = epic; on a lazy day.... hmmmmm...
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

  4. #319
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    There's tons of ways to get him on the team, the easiest being to say that Prof X gave him his gem. I don't think guys like Namor and Black Bolt would really care that Mags was a villain, plus the simple fact that they're all together would mean there's more important things to take care of than scolding Magneto or worrying that he's a bad guy.

    I think the main reason Hickman couldn't get Magneto though is that Bendis wanted him. He's a part of Uncanny X-Men and Bendis specifically mentioned the plans he has for Magneto. I could see those plans making him unavailable for whatever Hickman had planned.
    Namor wouldn't care if Magneto is a villian, but Black Bolt would likely side with the heroes against Magneto. Not unlike how he sides against the Hulk, even though he probably didn't care much there either. Ultimately that's the problem with Magneto being in the group and getting the gem. It's just going to lead to an Illuminati civil war. When you weight the potential upsides versus the potential downsides, it's just more sensible to give the gem to a guy like Beast.

    Namor alone will cause enough internal conflict without throwing Magneto in the mix.

  5. #320
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Namor would have most likely been allies with magneto. You say black bolt has no love but he also has no hate for magneto either. The only one I can really see going after magneto is ironman that because he doesnt like mags
    It's more than just not liking Magneto... there are legitimate reasons not to trust him.

    I honestly think it's even a bit of a stretch for Xavier to really trust him, because of the way Magneto has flip flopped over the years.

  6. #321
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London/NEW YORK
    Posts
    12,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's more than just not liking Magneto... there are legitimate reasons not to trust him.
    I honestly think it's even a bit of a stretch for Xavier to really trust him, because of the way Magneto has flip flopped over the years.
    The same is true of Namor, and he's on the roster. Magneto can be VERY loyal; depending on the person.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

  7. #322
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The same is true of Namor, and he's on the roster. Magneto can be VERY loyal; depending on the person.
    This. The purpose of the Illuminati is to bring the most powerful heroes of Earth together to make tough decisions when the Earth is in peril. Even at his worse, Magneto still wants to protect the Earth. He'd be trustworthy for something like this.

  8. #323
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's more than just not liking Magneto... there are legitimate reasons not to trust him.

    I honestly think it's even a bit of a stretch for Xavier to really trust him, because of the way Magneto has flip flopped over the years.
    Xavier and Magneto are brothers the same way Captain America and Namor are bothers.

  9. #324
    Smarter Than The Average! The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Really looking forward for this to drop...

    Bring on January!

  10. #325
    Smarter Than The Average! The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Also regarding T'Challa....

    What some people are forgetting is that T'challa has been permanently changed / upgraded by Bast. This happened in FF607-FF608 and was written by Hickman. He now has all of the strength and knowledge of all of the panthers who preceded him. Think of this 'other' memory acting like the main character in Frank Herberts Dune or the Matrim Cauthon character who appears in The Wheel of Time series.

    At this point in time he would be 'very' formidable. He has 10,000 years of knowledge living inside him. All of those fighting styles which have been lost to the modern world are now his! Ancient powerful magic... Now his! The location of rare powerful items... Now his!

    In AvsX, T'Challa took a point blank blast from a PF empowered Namor without reaction. Vibranium is currently very rare so his suit in that confrontation is not the Priest Vibranium weave one. I think Namor fans and others might be in for a surprise if they end up fighting...

  11. #326
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Xavier and Magneto are brothers the same way Captain America and Namor are bothers.
    I remember when Mags first approached Scott at Utopia, and Xavier gave the biggest "WTF" in the room. Mags is the brother that Chuck tried mind wiping.

    There are times Xavier trusts Magneto and there are times he doesn't. And there's valid reason for Xaviers views shifting... Mag flips flops. And that makes him a pretty big risk with an infinity gem.

    If a situation came about where he had no choice but to give the gem to him, I can kind of buy that. But there's no way I'd buy Mags being his first choice. Not when he can give it to one of the other X-Men, who wouldn't essentially bring about an Illuminati civil war over the gems. It's just more sensible to give it to a guy like Beast.

  12. #327
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    One on one black panther vs Namor. Namor wins

  13. #328
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    One on one black panther vs Namor. Namor wins
    Not really with a little prep it's an easy win for black panther plus he got new powers via Hickman which will be interesting to see
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  14. #329
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    People were saying on Formspring that they could see Hickman using his last F4/FF issues to set up New Avengers. Any idea what they meant?

  15. #330
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I remember when Mags first approached Scott at Utopia, and Xavier gave the biggest "WTF" in the room. Mags is the brother that Chuck tried mind wiping.

    There are times Xavier trusts Magneto and there are times he doesn't. And there's valid reason for Xaviers views shifting... Mag flips flops. And that makes him a pretty big risk with an infinity gem.

    If a situation came about where he had no choice but to give the gem to him, I can kind of buy that. But there's no way I'd buy Mags being his first choice. Not when he can give it to one of the other X-Men, who wouldn't essentially bring about an Illuminati civil war over the gems. It's just more sensible to give it to a guy like Beast.
    Xavier will always trust magneto and you forget after that scene Xavier apologize to magneto. Magneto would be his first choice because Xavier knows magneto means well for mutant kind. They will always trust one another and beast was Hickman third choice so bringing beast up is not saying much

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •