Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31
    Senior Member Castel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Point being, it's not because the comments were about fictional characters that real people can't be hurt by that.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Point being, it's not because the comments were about fictional characters that real people can't be hurt by that.
    I don't think his intent was to be mean-spirited, though. Juvenile, certainly.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Dr Will Hatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Hmm, he probably is just sorry to have been caught and apologies because the studio fell on his ass like an eagle but i'm going to be optimistic here and believe that he has matured and genuinely think that what he did was extremely silly and can have hurt some people.
    Or maybe he is sorry that he offended people but not sorry that he made the comments. People see things different ways, and it's nigh-impossible to say anything without offending someone's sensibilities. If I were in his position, that's how I would feel. I would stand by what I said as just a joke, but recognize that some people can't handle it.

  4. #34
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    So if i follow you're logic if i say for example that Luke Cage is a fucking nigga who would be better off in a cotton field than in the Avengers mansion then it's not important because, come on, this is just a fictional character and black people really shouldn't feel offended by that.

    Really?

    You know the difference between a kid and an adult? An adult is supposed to be responsible. He is supposed to know that what you say and your actions do have consequences on other people. That's why that as far as i'm concerned this guy is nothing more than a stupid ignorant kid.
    There's also being an adult and not letting every little tiny owie be a big deal. So that one kind of flows both ways.


    Seriously though, it gets weirder because it is Batwoman. You know, the character DiDio had to include the word "lipstick" every time he mentioned she was a lesbian. Which was every time he spoke about the character. Rucka may have butched her up a bit, but when she was created...
    The Punisher: Im going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youll die screaming! And Ill watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

  5. #35
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Hmm, he probably is just sorry to have been caught and apologies because the studio fell on his ass like an eagle but i'm going to be optimistic here and believe that he has matured and genuinely think that what he did was extremely silly and can have hurt some people.
    I doubt it. To a certain extent, it's like asking if Seth MacFarlane has matured. But it's a one-off in a blog posting that technically doesn't exist anymore, I doubt he has much intellectual ownership over the line.
    The Punisher: Im going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youll die screaming! And Ill watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

  6. #36
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Lets hope I never get famous because there will be legions of phony PC cops combing through every line I posted in these forums the last decade and having heat flashes over gems like "Im not titilated by girl-on-girl action".

  7. #37

    Default

    I've had time to think about, and get over my initial rage... and eh. Time to move on. It's not worth wasting the energy on such trivial things. If the LGBT community wants to go to battle with someone, it should be the state/federal government over civil rights...this is such a small thing compared to what's important..truly important.

  8. #38
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Lets hope I never get famous because there will be legions of phony PC cops combing through every line I posted in these forums the last decade and having heat flashes over gems like "Im not titilated by girl-on-girl action".
    That's not politically incorrect...that's just mad.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  9. #39
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    That's not politically incorrect...that's just mad.
    You are mocking my sexuality!

    I'm gonna write a petition to get you fired from Guardians of the Galaxy!


  10. #40
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,758

    Default

    His comments in general were dumb, but this

    Storm: Rising a full 24 places, Storm is once again our highest ranking woman-of-color and considering most of our other women-of-color on this list are green or blue or pink, that’s quite a feat.
    Wasn't brought up much in this controversy, but was pretty problematic, IMO.

    Either way, he apologized, but it does give a bit of insight on how he was, and possibly how he is. That can affect work sometimes.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  11. #41
    Senior Member SephirothDZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    There's also being an adult and not letting every little tiny owie be a big deal.
    Pretty much this. People are too sensitive these days.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

  12. #42
    Elder Member jesse_custer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    20,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    His comments in general were dumb, but this



    Wasn't brought up much in this controversy, but was pretty problematic, IMO.
    I thought that he was satirizing the fanboy erection for women of unnatural color.

    I'm not saying it was funny, but I think that was the intent.

  13. #43
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I thought that he was satirizing the fanboy erection for women of unnatural color.

    I'm not saying it was funny, but I think that was the intent.
    Its pretty much what I though.
    "- Wow, Storm made it to the top 50. Thats one mean feat, fanboys usually would rather bang blue or green aliens than black women."

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    So should he apologize for making those PG Porn short films too? Or does that count as actual "non-offensive" satire??

    Personally, I feel he should be apologizing for his hairstyle.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I hope after the movie comes out he says something more offensive.
    He probably will when it bombs.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •