Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Guardians of the Galaxy" Director James Gunn Apologizes for 'Offensive' Comments

"Guardians of the Galaxy" director James Gunn has apologized for his comments about women, gays and lesbians in a nearly two-year-old blog post, characterizing his remarks as "poorly worded and offensive to many."

Full article here.

Given that I was one of the folks who was 'up-in-arms' over this... I'm gonna say this seems legit to me, and Gunn did the mature thing in issuing this apology.

So for me, water under. Can't speak for anyone else, though! Still curious for that GotG movie.

I think he has to have himself drawn with Gambit teabagging him to make up for all of this!

I'm confused, it says he made the comments two years ago. Why apologize now? Were people not upset about it before? Did they get upset about it suddenly because he was attached to GotG?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm confused, it says he made the comments two years ago. Why apologize now? Were people not upset about it before? Did they get upset about it suddenly because he was attached to GotG?
    I think because he's now doing something relatively big the media started to dig up any shit on him, like, say if 'Frank' was a author doing crappy books made a story 10 years back glorying horrors like rape ect and he now produced a stunning 'classic' it would come to light, Just how media works.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Not many people probably noticed it or cared before.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

It just sounds like shady tactics to me. Basically saying it's only bothering people because he was attached to a big name movie.

Not to say what he did was right or anything.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Because people are ridiculous and need to find any excuse to be offended by something.

Because people are ridiculous and need to find any excuse to be offended by something.
    It's so offensive to call people ridiculous! I demand an apology!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    It's so offensive to call people ridiculous! I demand an apology!
    I find demands offensive!
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I find demands offensive!
    This post offends me greatly!!!!
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

It's all about stirring the pot. Anytime a public figure gains some notoriety, someone else will come along and want to knock them down a peg, in order to make themselves feel better. It started with politics and moved into Hollywood.

A bunch of people offended over silly commentary about comics characters in a blog that is now two years old.

Some people really need to get lives. And coming from me, a guy posting on a web forum, that's something.

I hope after the movie comes out he says something more offensive.

God, I hate when things like this happen. Righteous indignation, no matter how justified, always comes off as annoying and hypocritical.