Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Christ on a stick people, relax. The show hasn't even been written or cast yet, let alone made, making it a bit early to unilaterally declare it a failure.

Aside from the name change (which is most likely just a placeholder) the actual description of the character pretty closely parallels the version in the JL/JLU animated series, which is exactly what most people who claim to want a WW show/movie have been saying they wanted for years.

This Sisyphusian attempt at reason is now concluded. Please feel free return to you knee-jerk panic and condemnation.
    Can't a man panic needlessly any more!!! How dare you sir.

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

If they're not going to use the name "Diana", use "Artemis". At least THEN there would some minor ties to the DCU version.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alexandra-daddario0205104.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	105060

Just saying
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

I sincerely hope this is the real deal this time. I've been looking forward to a Wonder Woman show for a long time, but no one can seem to get it right. I don't know how many attempts this will be, but I hope it's the charm!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Deadline has since updated the story to confirm that, yes, the name "Iris" was only for the casting breakdown, and that she will be Diana on the show.

good God you people are hilarious. fanboys bring me so much joy with their freakouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alexandra-daddario0205104.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	105060

Just saying
    Having seen that movie, that's a really good choice.

If Palicki is still interested, I don't see why they wouldn't just go with her and save some time.

That costume may have been awful, but she otherwise looked the part...

I remember they used a codename for the Batman Begins script.

Not surprised by the temporary freak out. Glad I missed the drama, lol.

See, I never did think she looked that much the part. She was too... I don't know... She is attractive, but Wonderwoman needs to be a knockout. Not just someone who is pretty, but just absolutely stunning. I still say Katherine McPhee would be awesome.

One reason Adrianne Palicki was cast is because she is tall-- standing at 5'11".
    If they still want someone tall at the age they're looking for, I'd say Phoebe Tonkin-- 5'10".
    The CW also loves to reuse actors, and Tonkin is one of them.
    She's also played a mermaid, witch, and werewolf. Why not add a superhero to her resume?

Also! Don't worry!

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/statu...44860671926272
    Last edited by Champagne; 11-30-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    See, I never did think she looked that much the part. She was too... I don't know... She is attractive, but Wonderwoman needs to be a knockout. Not just someone who is pretty, but just absolutely stunning. I still say Katherine McPhee would be awesome.
    They need an actress who at least looks passably Greek or Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    Well I'm glad to see that issue resolve.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    They need an actress who at least looks passably Greek or Mediterranean.
    In the entirety of her 70+ year existence Wonder Woman has never really been portrayed as looking any way that could be readily identified as Greek or Mediterranean, so there's no good reason why the actress playing her on TV has to have those traits.

I do think the whole “Iris” thing is meant to distract from the idea this is WONDER WOMAN and draw attention away from it by putting a name in place that isn’t connected to a SUPER HERO and letting agents communicate how this character should be played rather than having a communication go out that will start “They’re having readings for Wonder Woman”.

I admit when I read the “Iris” thing I was turned off immediately and I think what the “It’s only a name!” folks need to better understand is that it’s not a potential name change that throws people off/is troubling at first glance it’s more the history of adapting WW and how wrong they’ve gotten it in and that this feels like another example. So it’s not the “name change” it’s the idea of yet another writer not getting the character and changing her to suit their mindset/understanding. We’ve seen this with scripts from Todd Alcott, Laeta Kalorgirdis, and yes even Joss Whedon.

I ask fans who are turned off but the write-up to re-read it with the name “Diana” added and see if it reads more encouragingly. For me, it’s semantics but it does actually read much better when I try to understand their vision of her.

"Because of relentless brutality of her life at home,DIANA looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment. DIANA is delighted ¬and just as often horrified ¬ by the aspects of everyday life that we take for granted: skyscrapers, traffic, ice cream. It’s all new and fascinating and sometimes slightly troubling ¬to DIANA. DIANA is completely unschooled in our world, our culture, our customs. And she’s completely inexperienced at interpersonal relationships. DIANA has no social filter, does not suffer fools, and tends to do and say exactly what’s on her mind at all times. DIANA is bluntly, refreshingly honest. DIANA can tell when you’re lying to her. DIANA doesn’t have time or patience for politics or tact because she’s too busy trying to experience everything our world has to offer. There are too many sights to see ¬and things to learn ¬and people to care for. DIANA’s is a true, noble, and generous heart. And she will fight and die for the people she loves. DIANA is a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic ¬and she will fight to the death to make the world safe for innocents and true romantics everywhere.”

I think we’ll see a name change to Diana if this goes forward and based on what’s written above it sound much more true to form than what David E. Kelly put out when he Diana wasn’t Diana and wasn’t even this Iris and she was essentially Tony Stark.

Just don’t give her a hoodie, a mask, a black trenchcoat, etc.