Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The Avengers Hunt Parker's "Red She-Hulk"

Writer Jeff Parker spoke with CBR News about his Marvel NOW! "Red She-Hulk" series, featuring the title character on a quest to derail a government super soldier program, making her a target of the Avengers. Plus exclusive art!

Full article here.

Well the first issue was good and the second issue was alright, hopefully the series can improve because I want to really like it, especially after reading this interview.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

"I felt he earned a place in the book after co-starring with Red Hulk -- his brain makes a great balance to her brawn. In a weird way they are very complementary."

That's a good way of putting it.

"She never comes right out and says it, but I think she distrusts most super heroes. She hasn't forgotten these people shot Bruce Banner off the planet, you know! She's certain if she fails, humanity is on the way out."

She keeps that on her mind and probably thinks they can do the same to her. I can see why she'll keep that distrust.

I love this book.

I find myself picking up this book for two reasons:
    - Machine Man
    - (and to a lesser extent) The art
    I like how MM's being portrayed here, but it is very different from the last time I saw him in "Next Wave." I didn't realize he co-starred with Red Hulk, so I don't know how they explained his character shift. Was there an in-story explanation and does his calmer demeanor have anything to do with his hardware upgrade? (or does he just go to AA meetings?)

A guy who loves comics Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Jeff Parker's become one of my favorite writers, and his work on Hulk has been the main reason why. He just seems to "get" the appeal and mindset of being a Hulk, and his Machine Man is great, to boot.

Carlo and Alves art goes great together, and I love their stuff.

So yeah, I adore this book and will continue buying anything Parker writes for the foreseeable future.

Though, on Dark Avengers, I think it actually needs to focus on those characters instead of splitting the bill with the old Thunderbolts. But that could just be me.

I am loving this book. MM is a great character, and in these last two issues Parker has made me actually care about RSH, and make me intrigued about why she does what she does.

Speaking of Aaron Stack, wasn't he similarly pursued by the military back in the day? It would be nice for him to acknowledge the similarities with his own story. It could be why he's so ready to be sympathetic to Betty's plight.

I particularly liked when he said that Betty was dangerous even when in human form.
    This series rocks!

This sounds awesome, where they are going next with her.

Nice read, I like how Parker sees this as a Clint Eastwood/Sergio Leone western. While in cinematic terms, I was getting a Jame Bond vibe with the action (maybe it's the jet pack. lol)

I've really enjoyed this a lot - it's been one of my early favorites from Marvel Now.

Machine Man is a great addition... yeah he isn't as beer enthused as he was in Nextwave (I've read conflicitng thought on that. Joe Q said the book was out of normal continuity, while others maintain it is part of the Marvel U -- but with a robot, you can always say he was reprogramed)
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Carlo and Alves art goes great together, and I love their stuff.
    Sadly must Disagree, i think Alves is Really Bringing Corlos work down, carlo is one my fav artist working today but his interiors here just arent measuring up, the fight between betty and the Creeper Super Soldier at the end of the first issue was well drawn but most of the rest has been poor, which is really sad, im REALLY looking forward to Thor and RSH throwing down, really hope Carlo singularly is drawing that scene

I like both artists, I think they have blended well together. Honestly, I don't know which one is drawing what pages -- that the switch isn't jarring must mean it's working fine for me personally.
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto

For me the switch was much more noticeable in 59, but both are so good and they compliment each other very well.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

This book is good. Really good.

It's been criminally over looked.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

I miss this guy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dropbears2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	105073
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.