Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    So you think after what morbius did that peter would break him out?
    Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I guess.

As far as I see, I can only see a solution about this whole stuff. You see, they told us that the new Superior Spiderman will have new powers like retractable talons in hands and toes. That automatically should discard Peter, Peter/Ock or Ock as the new Spiderman. I mean, just because somebody switch brains with you, it doesn't mean your body will be modified. I mean, Dr Doom swapped bodies with Reed Richards once, and that didn't make Mr Fantastic's body to gain new powers apart of his classic elasticity. They said that there won't be clues about this new Superior Spiderman's identity in "ASM #700", but the talon's stuff makes suspect on Miguel O'Hara somehow.

In my opinion, with the encouragement of his Uncle Ben's spirit, Octopus (Peter) will escape from prision with some "allies" to try to stop Peter (Octopus). There will be a physical battle which Peter (Ock) will at first win, possibly with the Avengers or other character helping the wrong guy without knowing it; but starting to suspect something is wrong. (Maybe not by the memories, but let's face it, Spidey has too much influence in the Marvel Universe to make an imposter undectectable at everyone's senses).

Then, after another possible "heart attack", his Uncle Ben will give him strength to fight again; and protect Peter's beloved ones from a vengeful Ock. The good guys will probably realized the true in the last moment, and then, both Spidey and Ock will end "comatose" in a mental fight. In this new level, Peter will finally beat Doc Ock and returned to his body just in time to die. Peter returns to his body, but he can no longer be Spiderman after killing someone, even someone as miserable like Ock. So he abandons his role as Spiderman "forever".

You may don't remember it, but this old "switcheroo" already happened to Peter once, just in a different way and in a different reality. Do you remember the last issues of "The Amazing Spider-Man"? (I talk about the REAL one, May "Mayday" Parker, no that jerk of Araña). Fury, the Goblin Queen, kidnapped Peter Parker and they "downloaded" Norman Osborn's mind in his body. Then, May, the spirit of Aunt May, Peter and April (May's clone) had a psychic battle against Norman Osborn inside Peter's brain; which ended with Norman destroyed once again and Peter controlling his body again. So, if Peter could defeat Norman (his greatest enemy) in this situation, why wouldn't he be able to do it with his "third greatest enemy"? After all, Marvel is "recycling" stories from a long time:
    - Araña becoming "Spider-Girl" (which I still don't accept).
    - In the group called "Bastards of Evil", there's a was a girl named Aftershock who said to be Electro's daughter. But unlike the one from MC2, this one was a fake.
    - Flash Thompson as a "military Venom", it sounds VERY similar to the "What If...?" about Venom's symbiote bonding with Punisher instead of Eddie Brock.
    - General Ross becoming the Red Hulk, just like in the "What If...?" about him becoming THE original Hulk instead of Bruce Banner.
    - A group called "the Revengers", similar to the one from MC2.

Well, what do you think of my suspictions?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I just dont see him being able to work with Morbius... or, after Marla's death, Smythe. Lizard might work though.
    Unless it was Otto's influence coloring Peter during No Turning Back.

But, yeah, could just be that Peter has no other choice. Or he considers Smythe and is all like, "Ehhhh. Nah. Stay and rot in here, you d***."

And Smythe is like, "...Did Doctor Octopus just call me a d***?"
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I guess.

As far as I see, I can only see a solution about this whole stuff. You see, they told us that the new Superior Spiderman will have new powers like retractable talons in hands and toes. That automatically should discard Peter, Peter/Ock or Ock as the new Spiderman. I mean, just because somebody switch brains with you, it doesn't mean your body will be modified. I mean, Dr Doom swapped bodies with Reed Richards once, and that didn't make Mr Fantastic's body to gain new powers apart of his classic elasticity. They said that there won't be clues about this new Superior Spiderman's identity in "ASM #700", but the talon's stuff makes suspect on Miguel O'Hara somehow.

In my opinion, with the encouragement of his Uncle Ben's spirit, Octopus (Peter) will escape from prision with some "allies" to try to stop Peter (Octopus). There will be a physical battle which Peter (Ock) will at first win, possibly with the Avengers or other character helping the wrong guy without knowing it; but starting to suspect something is wrong. (Maybe not by the memories, but let's face it, Spidey has too much influence in the Marvel Universe to make an imposter undectectable at everyone's senses).

Then, after another possible "heart attack", his Uncle Ben will give him strength to fight again; and protect Peter's beloved ones from a vengeful Ock. The good guys will probably realized the true in the last moment, and then, both Spidey and Ock will end "comatose" in a mental fight. In this new level, Peter will finally beat Doc Ock and returned to his body just in time to die. Peter returns to his body, but he can no longer be Spiderman after killing someone, even someone as miserable like Ock. So he abandons his role as Spiderman "forever".

You may don't remember it, but this old "switcheroo" already happened to Peter once, just in a different way and in a different reality. Do you remember the last issues of "The Amazing Spider-Man"? (I talk about the REAL one, May "Mayday" Parker, no that jerk of Araña). Fury, the Goblin Queen, kidnapped Peter Parker and they "downloaded" Norman Osborn's mind in his body. Then, May, the spirit of Aunt May, Peter and April (May's clone) had a psychic battle against Norman Osborn inside Peter's brain; which ended with Norman destroyed once again and Peter controlling his body again. So, if Peter could defeat Norman (his greatest enemy) in this situation, why wouldn't he be able to do it with his "third greatest enemy"?
    Third?THIRD?THIRD?? ....

...Ok,just kiddin(although i disagree with the position of Ock you put him in). Seriously,your scenario isn't far fetched.It's a possibility that Peter would resign victorious,but not without gilts about the death of Ock.We'll see how Slott would accomplice his endgame.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Doc Ock is numero uno in Spidey's villain ranks, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Or Peter is using them under the guise of Otto. And since he can't fight "Peter" alone, "Otto" recruits guys to do it for him, and he has plenty of knowledge on "Peter" to finally give the Six an edge.

I can see this happening as it would be one last fight for "Spider-man" to go through before he dies at "Ock" tentcles.

Something tells me that Peter giot Norman out of the hospital to be used in this "battle."

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I can see this happening as it would be one last fight for "Spider-man" to go through before he dies at "Ock" tentcles.

Something tells me that Peter giot Norman out of the hospital to be used in this "battle."
    That's an interesting thought. In any case, I'm so excited for what comes next.

So you think after what morbius did that peter would break him out?
    Doctor Octopus has hours left to live. He knows Peter Parker’s secret. He has no master plan—all he wants is vengeance. Which members of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery will heed Ock’s call to arms?

Yes. Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius View Post
    Third?THIRD?THIRD?? ....

...Ok,just kiddin(although i disagree with the position of Ock you put him in). Seriously,your scenario isn't far fetched.It's a possibility that Peter would resign victorious,but not without gilts about the death of Ock.We'll see how Slott would accomplice his endgame.
    Humm, yes. I said THIRD because:

1º) In the first place, we have the GOBLIN family, headed by Norman Osborn, the original Green Goblin. It also includes other "goblin characters" like the Hobgoblin, Jack O'Lantern (they are too similar) and others. He deserves the first place not only for his battles against Spidey, but against Peter Parker's personal life too. Being also the big responsable of some of his greatest tragedies/problems: Gwen Stacy's death, the whole Clone Saga (manipulating the Jackal), the Identity Crisis, his baby's death (the May Parker who didn't survived like in MC2) and the faking of Aunt May's death. No one else deserves the first place.

2º) In the second place, we have the SYMBIOTE family, headed by Eddie Brock as the original Venom. It also includes the other symbiotes like Carnage and stuff. Having Spiderman's same powers but enhanced, his ability to not trigger Spidey's spider sense and knowing his secret identity and secrets to torment him at every level, he's the only one whose enmity matchs with Norman Osborn. But while the Green Goblin does it in an "indirect way", with lots of planning and twisted plots, Venom does it in a most "direct way" with violence.

3º) With the Green Goblin as the first, and Venom as the second, the THIRD place is the most ideal for Dr Octopus. Evil Genius like Norman Osborn, but not as crazy as him and without knowing Spiderman's identity (at least until now). Brute and violent like Venom when is required, but unable to do it by himself. As since he's usually the leader of all the gatherings of Spidey's foes with the Sinister Six, he really deserves the third place.

So, do you understand now why I think Doc Ock is only "the third"?

By the way, thanks for support my idea.

The first place was always a dispute between Dr Octopus and Green Goblin,especially if you watch the progression of Spiderman mythos,but Venom is nowhere close to second place.His third place is more sure.Let's not turn it into "who is Spiderman true nemesis?" vol 5(there is a thread i guess about that).
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Looks like Spidey really only has "One More Day" this time around

What if octo-Pete's crew does too good of a job and they kill the Peter Parker body, Pete's mind has nowhere to go
    Last edited by jona; 11-30-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Doctor Octopus has hours left to live. He knows Peter Parker’s secret. He has no master plan—all he wants is vengeance. Which members of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery will heed Ock’s call to arms?

Yes. Yes I do.
    Letting Morbius out of prison is a little better than letting Doc Ock have control over his body and access to his loved ones.

However, what does Peter tell them to get them to save him? Conners seems quite happy to be locked up, and Morbius probably wasn't too happy with Otto's last attempt at making his death "mean" something, considering that he has a hard enough time with the sun as it is. However, as he does have a viable cure for himself, Morbius could be wanting to try it out as quickly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jona View Post
    What if octo-Pete's crew does too good of a job and they kill the Peter Parker body, Pete's mind has nowhere to go
    With that in mind, I really want to know what's going to happen. I really want to know how between the three of them, the Lizard, Morbius, and Smythe pull this off. In fact, I don't really care about #700, because I just want to know how the hell you move Ock's decaying, half-dead body without killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Humm, yes. I said THIRD because:

2º) In the second place, we have the SYMBIOTE family, headed by Eddie Brock as the original Venom. It also includes the other symbiotes like Carnage and stuff. Having Spiderman's same powers but enhanced, his ability to not trigger Spidey's spider sense and knowing his secret identity and secrets to torment him at every level, he's the only one whose enmity matchs with Norman Osborn. But while the Green Goblin does it in an "indirect way", with lots of planning and twisted plots, Venom does it in a most "direct way" with violence.

Suddenly I can't help but giggle at the thought if it had been Brock's Venom in this storyline doing the mind swap. He'd just eat Peter's brain and the arc would end at issue #698.

Thanks for the heads up on the prior Osborn switcheroo... I had completely forgotten that ever happened!

I THOUGHT OCK WOULD DIE ;D (Well, peter in ocks body) I cannot wait!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    All right. Kind of like that point one issue that tied into Venom? But okay, #699 for 3,99, Avenging #15,1 for don't know how much and Amazing #700 for 8 bucks? Damn. :-/
    Well the point 1 books are 2.99 so Avengling Spider man 15.1 is 2.99