Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    What we seen is what we seen on panels. That's about it. He doesn't wonder about it. He just does it simply cause He was tired of hearing hank, "i told you so" speech.. cyke didn't know if he did it and un do it, and was thinking if it was too late to make everything right again.
    Sounds like he did wonder about it.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Exactly. It's a banal line. It doesn't fit with Gillen's rework of that character (or any of her characterization, ever). Please.

It's emblematic of my biggest issue with Bendis scripting: He has specific lines of dialogue that he'll want to use so desparately, at the expense of characters that otherwise wouldn't say such "snappy patter". It's probably why Jessica Jones and pet characters get such bulk-level dialogue, no need for tricky characterization to conform with.
    It's Bendis' style. He'll break down the characters to a level he wants to show them, not past history. We saw that in Avengers when he basically reverted all of the characters to their basic form, and then rebuilt them how he wanted to display them. Bendis didn't have to do an X-Men Disassembled, because AVX did that for him, this time. Now mutants are on the back foot, because of the perceived wrong they were responsible for, with the Phoenix Event. So Bendis has these mutants still reeling from the loss of their leadership structure and their safety net, because their Captain America is on the run. See how that works?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It's Bendis' style. He'll break down the characters to a level he wants to show them, not past history. We saw that in Avengers when he basically reverted all of the characters to their basic form, and then rebuilt them how he wanted to display them. Bendis didn't have to do an X-Men Disassembled, because AVX did that for him, this time. Now mutants are on the back foot, because of the perceived wrong they were responsible for, with the Phoenix Event. So Bendis has these mutants still reeling from the loss of their leadership structure and their safety net, because their Captain America is on the run. See how that works?
    I know you're describing it from Bendis's POV, but I want to point out a critical difference. The Avengers could be Disassembled because they never had characterization. They are empty shiny hero types that punch the bad guys. Outside of Tony's drinking and Hank back handing Wasp they aren't that interesting. The X-men have well-defined personalities due to superior writing and a tendency for X-writers to tell character driven stories rather than plot driven stories. Giving an Avenger a "personality" was never going to cause character continuity problems because there was never a personality to start with.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Don't you disrespect Kurt Busiek.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    I know you're describing it from Bendis's POV, but I want to point out a critical difference. The Avengers could be Disassembled because they never had characterization. They are empty shiny hero types that punch the bad guys. Outside of Tony's drinking and Hank back handing Wasp they aren't that interesting. The X-men have well-defined personalities due to superior writing and a tendency for X-writers to tell character driven stories rather than plot driven stories. Giving an Avenger a "personality" was never going to cause character continuity problems because there was never a personality to start with.
    You should probably read some Avengers. Your statement is false.

What's going on with Magneto?????????????

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Still not buying at how relatively nonplussed the teen versions are at being drawn out, dumped in the future, face to face with their fate - and then they still want to jet off and save mutants. Just a bit jarring - doesn't seem like a natural reaction at all, at least not from teenagers.

The 05 were hardly ever written as actual teenagers back in the 60s.

Heck, even in the recent First Class and Season One books, only Iceman really came off as a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And so many people who were just doing their jobs died that day.
    They were homo-inferior. They don't matter in the scheme of things. =P And...they're comic book characters. They were never alive to begin with.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned and could easily be a coincidence. But the scene in the preview reminded me of the old Pryde of the X-Men pilot movie/episode. The brotherhood (which in that movie included emma frost) broke Magneto out of a convoy like that one. Like I said might be nothing or Bendis is making an homage to that little piece of X-men animated history that I find very cool.

all this stuff could have been told in a more original way than flasbacks... not bad though
    my big complaint: Emma Frost! she's so out of character, both in the art and written departments...
    she just lost her SNARK
    that's it, careful Bendis, she will lose her appeal!
    and she will become annoying again...
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!