Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Cardiac's a good character who never quite lived up to his potential and got lost in the craziness of the day.

I wouldn't mind seeing him pop up in ASM again.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

So many possibilities on exactly "who" SSM is.

I'm still holding out hope it's Miguel, from Spiderman 2099. Guess we'll find out soon enough!
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Who is Cardiac? xD

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    So many possibilities on exactly "who" SSM is.

I'm still holding out hope it's Miguel, from Spiderman 2099. Guess we'll find out soon enough!
    Not that many. Dan said it's been building up since 600. I think the experience in 698 will change peter a lot, therefore a new peter. Just like the new dan slott.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk, as I think Cardiac is an alright character. But yeah he is completely obscure at this point! They should make him a Thunderbolt or something to up his profile a bit. Because he is kind of in danger of being a one panel death in a big fight scene at this point.
    Wasnt cardiac retired ? i remember so, the last time i read it, though i cant affirm that was the last he appeared in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    Wasnt cardiac retired ? i remember so, the last time i read it, though i cant affirm that was the last he appeared in comics.

The exact name of the book escapes me at the moment but I believe his last appearance was a one page story in one of the Fear Itself tie-in books.

Ya know what, I think Cardiac would make a great Iron Man villain.

Just saying.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Cardiac? Hmmm, I was kinda leaning toward SSM being a Chromostonally altered male clone of The Sensational Squirrel Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I wouldn't exactly classify one of Spidey's well known rogues/sometimes ally as obscure
    I agree. Morbius also had a solo book back in the 90's as part of the whole MIDNIGHT SONS line of books and crossovers. Morbius also appeared in several episodes of the 90's SPIDER-MAN cartoon.

Not trying to be a jerk, as I think Cardiac is an alright character. But yeah he is completely obscure at this point! They should make him a Thunderbolt or something to up his profile a bit. Because he is kind of in danger of being a one panel death in a big fight scene at this point.
    I agree. IMO, the best possible way that MIGHT make lesser known and/or less popular obscure characters (especially obscure non white minority characters) more popular is to put them in a team book.

BTW I'll probably not have another appropriate chance to say this...my friend was telling me awhile back that Cardiac's battle cry should be "ELIZABETH THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!!"
    LOL, that was funny as hell.

Truth be told I am a Avenger/XMen fan for 30 years. I love Spidey don't get me wrong but one of the reasons I just never bought the titles was this SLOW progression of the character as far as him being such a wuss . I get the whole slapstick bouncing around making wisecracks. He can do that he is fast enough and has the spidey sense that almost makes him un hittable. But he's in his 30s and how many times has a villain tried to kill him or his loved ones. It's old. Way old. Really? I would LOVE it if this was a new Peter Parker. I mean how many storylines are out there? Madame Web, the totem powers, scientific experiment, he has a clone oh wait he has two. MJ no MJ. Just move on with the Mephisto story. No way back. Have them get together again in the future. Finish these off. One felt swoop. Isn't the first Spider Woman the Madame Web now? What about her not being able to handle all the power? Say she says hey Parker...I know your stuck in that body. I got something for you. Easy fix she swaps them back (Otto's body) and tells him she is giving him half the Spider totems power, hence the retractable claws and whatever else they have planned. I do think Otto hurts May by accident before the swap and Spiderman is wanted again. So, his attitude changes dramatically forcing him to leave the Avengers and become the most wanted again. He just stays to the shadows and minds his business again. All the while he is way stronger, faster and more cunning. No holding back punches and takes his adversaries out in the first round. Maybe even introduce stronger adversaries. Aunt May getting hurt matured him and made him realize his enemies want him dead. Time to even the game.

Peter's not in his 30's. 26-27 tops. Marvel has done their best not to age him. And I think that's good, he shouldn't change too much. It's easier to let characters grow in franchises like the X-Men, since there are so many characters, but since Marvel have tried for so long to get rid of Pete's marriage because it ages him, his character should not "grow" too much either.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel_Fan501 View Post
    At least Morbius fans will be getting a Morbius monthly...Can't say I see a Cardiac monthly coming out any time soon :P

yeah, the 6-12 months either title would last will fly right by.
    Piers Morgan: another liberal douschebag bites the dust.
    Do us all a favor and mean it this time Mr. Baldwin.
    Tired of tolerating.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel_Fan501 View Post
    Hey before I go... Anyone know anything about “Cardiac”? "
    Yes, Cardiac's creators. Try giving them a call if you haven't already.