Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

Default Did Wacker just reveal the identity of SSM?

From a newarama interview: Wacker: It’s been hard to describe the book, but getting people excited hasn’t been a problem. Marvel’s PR guys Arune Singh and James Viscardi have sharpened our message to a fine point, and Dan’s a natural promoter without being as huckster-y as me. He’s also, I think, built up a good amount of credibility with fans and retailers over the years. So excitement was never a concern... living up to it is the challenge!
    And to answer your other question: It would be very presumptuous to assume ASM #698 gave you a final answer to anything.

Hey before I go... Anyone know anything about “Cardiac”? "

Could it be? Is Cardiac the new spider-man?

Just kidding. Wacker is just playing with us, but great interview. I'm surprised to hear how long Dan has had the idea for Dying Wish in his wheelhouse. 700 can't come out soon enough.

Also, Stegman's interiors from SSM#2 reminds me of Capullo from Batman. This is a very good thing!
    Last edited by UltimateMarvel_Fan501; 11-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Oh, you Cardiac fans are cute, but I think we Morbius fans ultimately win in the "obscure character getting a chance" race. Maybe next decade.

Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, you Cardiac fans are cute, but I think we Morbius fans ultimately win in the "obscure character getting a chance" race. Maybe next decade.

At least Morbius fans will be getting a Morbius monthly...Can't say I see a Cardiac monthly coming out any time soon :P

I wouldn't exactly classify one of Spidey's well known rogues/sometimes ally as obscure Anyhow I'd put characters like Sif & Legion in the category of "whoa didn't expect them to get ongoings!" as well.

Morbius is the new Superior Spider-Man???

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Nope. But he has his own solo title as part of Marvel Now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I wouldn't exactly classify one of Spidey's well known rogues/sometimes ally as obscure Anyhow I'd put characters like Sif & Legion in the category of "whoa didn't expect them to get ongoings!" as well.
    Not trying to be a jerk, as I think Cardiac is an alright character. But yeah he is completely obscure at this point! They should make him a Thunderbolt or something to up his profile a bit. Because he is kind of in danger of being a one panel death in a big fight scene at this point.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk, as I think Cardiac is an alright character. But yeah he is completely obscure at this point! They should make him a Thunderbolt or something to up his profile a bit. Because he is kind of in danger of being a one panel death in a big fight scene at this point.

I was trying to say that Morbius wasn't obscure so sorry for the confusion on that part BUT yeah I'd definitely say Cardiac is pretty obscure at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I was trying to say that Morbius wasn't obscure so sorry for the confusion on that part BUT yeah I'd definitely say Cardiac is pretty obscure at this point.
    Ah sorry I misunderstood. Morbius definitely has a higher profile.

When he said Cardiac, I'm certain he was playing with his fans. I'm sure it it meant as cardiac arrest... as in Peter in Doc Ock isn't dead yet as we were led to assume by the issues end.
    My blog for you folks who can read. http://mrroussis.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoussis View Post
    When he said Cardiac, I'm certain he was playing with his fans. I'm sure it it meant as cardiac arrest... as in Peter in Doc Ock isn't dead yet as we were led to assume by the issues end.
    Oh yeah, I think that is pretty certain. Though kind of cruel to Cardiac's two or three diehard fans we see popping up around here!

BTW I'll probably not have another appropriate chance to say this...my friend was telling me awhile back that Cardiac's battle cry should be "ELIZABETH THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!!"

I really don't know why Cardiac isn't doing something in the Marvel U at this point. Pretty awesome character design and a totally underused character, I'd be way stoked if he popped up on a Thunderbolts team. It's one of the best things Erik larsen created at Marvel, give the guy something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Even I wouldn't want that to be true
    Morbius has always had a high profile than Cardiac. In fact, almost everyone has a higher profile than Cardiac LOL

I've seen Cardiac's name mentioned for being an obscure character people love. A quick Google search has me believe this is fine, since I do think he has a pretty interesting backstory.

So how long until he fights Carnage?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    So how long until he fights Carnage?
    It sucks that Carnage has become a joke of a villain at this point...
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.