BANNED

Default Worth Reading or Buying? === SPIDER-MAN THE REAL CLONE SAGA

i have never read the Universialy Hated 90s Clone Saga of Spider-man.
    noticed there is a series called SPIDER-MAN: THE REAL CLONE SAGA

what is it? a retelling? a new retconed version of the clone saga?, a Alternative version of the events of the clone saga?
    its it in continuity? is it better than the original clone saga?
    and is it Worth Reading?

Thank you for your time

It's kind've how the writers originally wanted the clone saga to go before editorial interfered. I guess it's like a condensed Spider-Man version of "X-Men Forever". The ending is alittle goofy, but I found it to be fun, granted a big part of that may have just been the nostalgia factor. (Because I DID read the universally hated 90's clone saga.)

Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i have never read the Universialy Hated 90s Clone Saga of Spider-man.
    noticed there is a series called SPIDER-MAN: THE REAL CLONE SAGA

what is it? a retelling? a new retconed version of the clone saga?, a Alternative version of the events of the clone saga?
    its it in continuity? is it better than the original clone saga?
    and is it Worth Reading?

Thank you for your time
    I think you should read the original one first, that way you can make comparisons and understand some of the factors why it is "hated". The new one is a good read if you have all the elements straight first.

Its the clone saga more or less how it was originally imagined before things got out of control. Too many cooks (writers, editors) in the kitchen. Its a decent enough read, tho it feels oddly short after the endless run of the original. Basically its the clone saga as a half a year story instead of a drawn out 2-3 year story where the conclusion of the story kept being changed.

I remember the original. I didnt mind it, but I can see why people didnt like it. Between the Ultimate Spiderman clone saga, this 'real' clone saga, and the ongoing Scarlet Spider book, I feel that it has a nice legacy now years after the fact.