Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

It's too bad Rucka is not available. I think he might do a fun yet organized job with Nu52 Birds. Duane is talented but I don't know if he has chemistry with this title.

BOP won't be cancelled anytime soon anyway. Though I agree with Jim about the timing issue.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Grape View Post
    It's too bad Rucka is not available. I think he might do a fun yet organized job with Nu52 Birds. Duane is talented but I don't know if he has chemistry with this title.

BOP won't be cancelled anytime soon anyway. Though I agree with Jim about the timing issue.
    Thanks! Took the words out of my mouth. Duane is a great writer, and I am just tired of people saying he sucks because he BoP is not the best, some writers are not meant for some books. It happens, I love his Birds of Prey, do I think there is better writers for it, sure. But I will never say Duane sucks, he is on of my favorite writers today.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Does To have a new assignment?
    At DC, no, at least not for now. He said for the time being he's going to be working on the English adaptation of an old Anime/Magna called Cyborg 009.

I don't consider Jonah Hex a Batman title and its a protected book anyway so no need to worry about its status.
    I'm kinda worried about Batwing though. The original creative team is gone and I haven't been hearing much about what Nicieza is doing.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

All Star Western also is $3.99, so it can afford to sell less.

The Avatar of Vengeance melkorjunior's Avatar

I couldn't disagree with you observation on Batwing more though, INC. continues to sell really well so I don't see any evidence of readers rejecting that concept.
    I see Morrison as a modern day comic book Alexander--conquering new territories and building a Batman empire the likes of which we have never seen before--but his empire won't survive him. After he leaves the Bat-titles I think his concepts, especially Batman Inc. but probably including Damian--will eventually be forgotten. It's hard for any writer to make a permanent change to any long-running superhero character's status quo. Miller did it with Daredevil, Brubaker did it with Bucky, and those changes are essentially permanent. But I just don't see this goofy silver age idea of an international leage of "batmen" becoming a permanent part of the Bat-mythos.
    Last edited by melkorjunior; 11-30-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I don't consider Jonah Hex a Batman title and its a protected book anyway so no need to worry about its status.
    I'm kinda worried about Batwing though. The original creative team is gone and I haven't been hearing much about what Nicieza is doing.
    I agree on All Star Western being safe for the time being. It gets more than decent sales outside of the US anyway from what I'm given to understand. I'll miss Batwing if it does get cancelled however if that does happen then maybe people will stop with this silly notion that just because something is a "Bat Title" and therefore connectioned to "Batman" it is somehow magically protected against cancellation. In my opinion no Bat title is automatically safe simply because of it's association with "Batman".
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Great thread guys.

just my pennies worth.

What about overseas sales?
    I,m assuming these figures are for domestic US sales and thats fine.
    but I now buy 3 DC titles every month and had,nt read DC until the New 52 and seeing JL #1 on the Green Lantern Blu-Ray.
    I,m now hooked.And I live in England!

So,would good overseas sales save a book if they were selling,say,20,000 copies in Europe and Canada,for example?

RALPH.

Quote Originally Posted by melkorjunior View Post
    But I just don't see this goofy silver age idea of an international leage of "batmen" becoming a permanent part of the Bat-mythos.
    It does kind of defeat the Bruce-as-Gotham's-guardian concept. I agree with you
    Too broke for a pull list.

Grayson fanboy. TheGoshDarnBatman's Avatar

Despite my love of Marcus To, I've been worried about Batwing since Oliver stopped doing the art. At launch it was one of the best looking Bat-books along with Batman and Batwoman and once he left I felt it took a turn towards being a less interesting and unique comic.
    Call me A.J.
    Hawkeye, Batman Inc., Batman, Daredevil, The Amazing Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Fantastic Four, FF, Thor: God of Thunder, Detective Comics.

DC's big idea is "Everybody switch villains!" What is this, a JLA story from 1961? And this is worth cancelling the advance plans of all your writers? If Gail really leaves I'm hoping she lands somewhere creatively satisfying--whether at DC or otherwise--immediately.

Grayson fanboy. TheGoshDarnBatman's Avatar

I mean to start no argument and am generally a big fan of Simone's work, but I haven't been able to stand Batgirl. I hope she ends up somewhere more to my taste.
    Call me A.J.
    Hawkeye, Batman Inc., Batman, Daredevil, The Amazing Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Fantastic Four, FF, Thor: God of Thunder, Detective Comics.

I haven't liked Batgirl either, but in fairness to Gail I don't think this is the Barbara Gordon she wanted. The New 52 Barbara was forced on her by editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by melkorjunior View Post
    I haven't liked Batgirl either, but in fairness to Gail I don't think this is the Barbara Gordon she wanted. The New 52 Barbara was forced on her by editorial.
    I don't know about that. From what I gathered, Gail had a lot of say in the recreation of Batgirl. If that's true, this is exactly the Barbara she wanted.
    Free your soul and let it fly....