Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Forgive me for
    http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/up...dead-horse.gif
    but I find the writing on BOP to be just so AWFUL.

It would be a blessing at this point for the book
    to get cancelled. I'm so jealous that Katana
    gets a new team book and Batgirl is still stuck
    in this steaming pile for her team book, IMO.
    Well, cheer up. If BoP did get cancelled, then Batgirl wouldn't have any team book.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by melkorjunior View Post
    Where can these sales figures be found?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, looking at the Diamond Top 300 sales chart for Oct. 2012, it looks like DC's New 52 books did as follows:
    3 - BATMAN #13
    4 - JUSTICE LEAGUE #13
    6 - GREEN LANTERN #13
    7 - DETECTIVE COMICS #13
    12 - ACTION COMICS #13
    14 - BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #13
    15 - BATMAN AND ROBIN #13
    18 - EARTH 2 #5
    19 - BATMAN INCORPORATED #4
    27 - AQUAMAN #13
    31 - SUPERMAN #13
    33 - GREEN LANTERN CORPS #13
    (34 - ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #1)
    35 - TALON #1[*]
    36 - BATGIRL #13

38 - FLASH #13
    40 - GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #13
    41 - NIGHTWING #13
    44 - WONDER WOMAN #13
    46 - RED LANTERNS #13
    48 - TEEN TITANS #13
    52 - CATWOMAN #13
    (54 - BATGIRL ANNUAL #1)
    60 - BATWOMAN #13
    65 - SWAMP THING #13
    66 - WORLDS FINEST #5
    68 - RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #13
    74 - ANIMAL MAN #13
    (77 - SWAMP THING ANNUAL #1)
    84 - PHANTOM STRANGER #1[*]
    85 - JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #13
    86 - SUPERGIRL #13
    96 - SUICIDE SQUAD #13
    (97 - JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK ANNUAL #1)
    102 - BIRDS OF PREY #13 - 25,851
    103 - SUPERBOY #13 - 25,726
    107 - TEAM 7 #1[*] - 24,895
    114 - GREEN ARROW #13 - 22,057
    117 - SWORD OF SORCERY #1[*] - 21,552
    119 - ALL STAR WESTERN #13 - 21,481
    123 - DIAL H #5 - 19,903
    131 - RAVAGERS #5 - 18,656
    132 - LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #13 - 18,487
    139 - STORMWATCH #13 - 17,621
    141 - BATWING #13 - 17,166
    143 - DEMON KNIGHTS #13 - 16,805
    147 - FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE #13 - 16,501
    154 - LEGION LOST #13 - 15,377
    157 - DEATHSTROKE #13 - 15,078
    162 - SAVAGE HAWKMAN #13 - 14,763
    165 - DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #13 - 14,405
    168 - I VAMPIRE #13 - 14,260
    171 - FURY OF FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MEN #13 - 13,460
    176 - BLUE BEETLE #13 - 13,141
    185 - GRIFTER #13 - 12,142
    197 - GI COMBAT #5 - 10,526
    (272 - GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1 - 5,857)

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24377.html
    I get the figures the same place as MajorHoy. But how embarrassing! I totally skipped over five New 52 titles in the 100-200 range! So there were 22, not 17 like I said in the OP.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, cheer up. If BoP did get cancelled, then Batgirl wouldn't have any team book.
    See I view it differently. If BOP gets cancelled then it frees up Batgirl to go to a different and (IMO) better team book, just like Katana now gets to do in jumping off this sinking ship of a book with no beginnings or endings to it's stories, etc. etc.

Ok, I've expressed my opinion on the matter and will

now.

Peace ~
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

So, Batwing and BoP, and maybe ASW though that historically is saved through foreign and trade sales. Strong line, then, little though I like chunks of it. Even BoP might be safe for years. It hardly is expected to sell top 20. Batwing is a question of time, even with beloved Fabian.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Batwing is really only the one in immediate danger. I'm fairly confident the title will be cancelled at issue #20. In Fabian Nicieza's interviews about taking on the book, in the Newsarama one he went out of his way NOT to say "new ongoing writer" and would be writing an arc that would "at least" take the book to issue 20. Lets not forget that Marcus To has jumped ship as well. Combined with the fact that DC cancels books at numbers divisible by four (8, 12, 16), things don't look good.

To be clear, I wasn't predicting the immediate demise of any of these three EXCEPT Batwing. But I do think that BOP could be in the danger down the pike if something doesn't happen to reverse the trend.
    Jim Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Batwing is really only the one in immediate danger. I'm fairly confident the title will be cancelled at issue #20. In Fabian Nicieza's interviews about taking on the book, in the Newsarama one he went out of his way NOT to say "new ongoing writer" and would be writing an arc that would "at least" take the book to issue 20. Lets not forget that Marcus To has jumped ship as well. Combined with the fact that DC cancels books at numbers divisible by four (8, 12, 16), things don't look good.
    Does To have a new assignment?
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    To be clear, I wasn't predicting the immediate demise of any of these three EXCEPT Batwing. But I do think that BOP could be in the danger down the pike if something doesn't happen to reverse the trend.
    Bird of Prey, while not preforming great, is not actually on death's door. I don't know what exactly would push the title into cancellation. From reading other statements in the news, it appears that it is a combination weak sales, judgment that the story does not appear to be salvageable, whether or not keeping the title fits in with future plans or needs, and probably other reasons. Birds of Prey is slipping down but may get a new writer to salvage it before it gets canned. There are a lot of weaker books. Also, the concept of a team of Gotham based tough chicks is pretty solid so you would think it can get resurrected with a better writer.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    Bird of Prey, while not preforming great, is not actually on death's door. I don't know what exactly would push the title into cancellation. From reading other statements in the news, it appears that it is a combination weak sales, judgment that the story does not appear to be salvageable, whether or not keeping the title fits in with future plans or needs, and probably other reasons. Birds of Prey is slipping down but may get a new writer to salvage it before it gets canned. There are a lot of weaker books. Also, the concept of a team of Gotham based tough chicks is pretty solid so you would think it can get resurrected with a better writer.
    I don't disagree with any of that. But now is the time to act, not once everyone has abandoned it.
    Jim Zimmerman

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Ya I think they would change writers before they would cancel the books. (I would hope Duane can get to his plans for Ivy before hand or at least let the next writer know about it, cause I want Ivy back lol).
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Birds of Prey is slipping down but may get a new writer to salvage it before it gets canned.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Have you ever read any other work from Duane that does not have Batgirl in it, cause he is a really great writer.....or are you just saying he sucks based on one comic...which has more problems with it then just a writer.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Well for me, to be simply competent as a writer, let alone getting to be considered a great one, one has to have a beginning as well as an ending to a story instead of just a middle.
    Pull list:

Well for me, to be simply competent as a writer, let alone getting to be considered a great one, one has to have a beginning as well as an ending to a story instead of just a middle.
    Ya I understand, Duane has not showed his best on this title, but he does well on others, sure say this book sucks, but you can't say that he is a sucky writer based on just one book.

I am not trying to start something, I was just always wondered if you read anything by him before. He writes good crime books and other comics.

Edit: Though I still like the BoP so don't get me wrong I still think is written well, maybe not the best of the books, but still good.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Dang Batwing, you had so much potential...