Default Kryptonian Letters

When the New 52 launched, Action Comics was on my pull list, and I noticed that Morrison had the Kryptonian letters/language looking more like Arabic, but now, in the H'el ads and in the Superman title, it looks more like the old Kryptonian from Smallville and before the reboot. Did I miss anything? Which symbols are officially recognized by DC as Kryptonian?

I think DC would be foolish to abandon the Kryptonian font they created. Although I suppose it's possible that the planet could have more than one language.

The latest issue of Superman Family Adventures uses the same alphabet as Ruckas Adventures of Superman run (I recognized the "L").
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Accent? Maybe it was the Kryptionian version of "NO SOUP FOR YOU"

I ask because I got my name tattooed on my arm in Kryptonian, and a year later it looked like Morrison changed the way it looked. Now it looks like it is back to how it was before.

I don't remember seeing a new form of Kryptonian in Action. Which issue was it in?

I know for sure that the ship in Issue #2 had different writing. I thought I had seen it in other places as well.

I remember reading somewhere that the Kryptonian language we see in Acton isn't a a new one but rather what we read it's how it's pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_ThatDude View Post
    I know for sure that the ship in Issue #2 had different writing. I thought I had seen it in other places as well.
    The ship has some squiggles on it, but it's not very distinct. It could be no different than when a newspaper is shown in a comic with indistinct squiggles for text. Or it might not be writing at all. It looks like it could also be either functional (buttons and circuits, etc.) or merely decorative. In the bonus material Rags says he intended it as hieroglyphics that Kryptonians could read, but I don't know how definitive that is; Grant or even an editor might have requested squiggles there with something else in mind. And "hieroglyphics" doesn't necessarily imply ordinary writing to me. Rags could have wanted to imply that Kryptonians use a pictographic syllabary for writing (instead of the Kryptonian alphabet we know), but he could also have meant to imply that these are an ancient or traditional code (heiroglyph literally means "sacred writing") or even just that they are some sort of pictographic communication, maybe like the pictograms we placed on the Pioneer and Voyager probes.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Accent? Maybe it was the Kryptionian version of "NO SOUP FOR YOU"
    *LOL* The soup nazi, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Rithmomachy View Post
    The ship has some squiggles on it, but it's not very distinct. It could be no different than when a newspaper is shown in a comic with indistinct squiggles for text. Or it might not be writing at all. It looks like it could also be either functional (buttons and circuits, etc.) or merely decorative. In the bonus material Rags says he intended it as hieroglyphics that Kryptonians could read, but I don't know how definitive that is; Grant or even an editor might have requested squiggles there with something else in mind. And "hieroglyphics" doesn't necessarily imply ordinary writing to me. Rags could have wanted to imply that Kryptonians use a pictographic syllabary for writing (instead of the Kryptonian alphabet we know), but he could also have meant to imply that these are an ancient or traditional code (heiroglyph literally means "sacred writing") or even just that they are some sort of pictographic communication, maybe like the pictograms we placed on the Pioneer and Voyager probes.
    This. Perhaps it's like japanese, which has like three distinct ways of writing.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.