Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default Pre-Krypton Blowing Up Series

    So I haven't really been keeping up with the New 52 as I am unemployed and have little to no interest in the New 52, but I was thinking and have tweeted to Geoff Johns that I would like to see a series, whether its an ongoing or a 12 issue maxi-series that chronicles the founding, rise, culture, and subsequent demise of Krypton that leads up to Superman being sent to earth. I think that with the New 52 there could be so many stories dealing with different character like Jax-Ur, Zod, Faora, or even Brainiac and Doomsday. Maybe some interaction with the Guardians and the GL Corp. It could be called "The Ghost's of Krypton" or "Tales from Krypton." It could tie in to the current continuity (assuming that Superman has the fortress of solitude and has access to historical records about Krypton which I would assume Jor-el sent with him). What do y'all think about this idea?

  2. #2
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmarvel View Post
    So I haven't really been keeping up with the New 52 as I am unemployed and have little to no interest in the New 52, but I was thinking and have tweeted to Geoff Johns that I would like to see a series, whether its an ongoing or a 12 issue maxi-series that chronicles the founding, rise, culture, and subsequent demise of Krypton that leads up to Superman being sent to earth. I think that with the New 52 there could be so many stories dealing with different character like Jax-Ur, Zod, Faora, or even Brainiac and Doomsday. Maybe some interaction with the Guardians and the GL Corp. It could be called "The Ghost's of Krypton" or "Tales from Krypton." It could tie in to the current continuity (assuming that Superman has the fortress of solitude and has access to historical records about Krypton which I would assume Jor-el sent with him). What do y'all think about this idea?
    No E. Nelson Bridwell alive to write it, and I certainly wouldn't want Johns writing it. Love the idea, but there's no one with the ability to write it working in comics today. Maybe if they brought Cary Bates in to handle it. Maggin won't work for them.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

  3. #3
    ..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gatineau, Québec
    Posts
    913

    Default

    While an interesting concept, I think it would really just be another re imaging of stuff that has been told four or five times already and it just wouldn't be worth buying.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    The superman zero month issue was like that, it wasnt very interesting.

  5. #5
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    there's no one with the ability to write it working in comics today.
    Seriously?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  6. #6
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Seriously?
    Not counting Morrison and people who won't work for DC, yes. Waid obviously could.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

  7. #7
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,970

    Default

    So The World of Krypton, take whatever number it would be?







    Personally, I think it might be easier to make the idea a back-up strip in either Action Comics or another Superman title. (Which I believe it was infrequently in Superman in the 1970's.)
    I really don't know how much of Krypton has been thought out / agreed to yet for the New 52, though it seems Supergirl has showed some of it already, and who knows what the He'l on Earth crossover will wind up revealing.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  8. #8

    Default

    I've said this before, but I prefer Krypton only to be seen in pieces and flashbacks, making it a bit more mysterious and a bit grander. This sci fi utopia, seen only in glimpses.

    Too much information and suddenly the setting will become mundane, almost too recognizable.

    The way Morrison specifically has handled it has been perfect. Just enough.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Yeah, I agree. I almost feel like I'm getting to much with all the H'el stuff coming up, but we'll see. Maybe Krypton being seen through the fresh eyes of Superman (when he goes back in time) will keep the majesty and "lost kingdom" aspect of it intact.

  10. #10
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So The World of Krypton, take whatever number it would be?







    Personally, I think it might be easier to make the idea a back-up strip in either Action Comics or another Superman title. (Which I believe it was infrequently in Superman in the 1970's.)
    I really don't know how much of Krypton has been thought out / agreed to yet for the New 52, though it seems Supergirl has showed some of it already, and who knows what the He'l on Earth crossover will wind up revealing.
    Original World of Krypton and The Krypton Chronicles. Second series is about the Pretender's "Krypton" and is acrophyial.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

  11. #11
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Not counting Morrison and people who won't work for DC, yes. Waid obviously could.
    They may not do it the way you would personally want, but I think they have a couple who could pull something off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Original World of Krypton and The Krypton Chronicles. Second series is about the Pretender's "Krypton" and is acrophyial.
    Good grief.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  12. #12
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Original World of Krypton and The Krypton Chronicles. Second series is about the Pretender's "Krypton" and is acrophyial.
    Y'know, I'm wondering about that word . . . a Google search keeps wanting to come up with "acrophobia" (fear of heights), or it finds that same word used by you on another site (forums.superherohype.com).

    A little further digging came up with some other . . . possibilities, like:
    * acrophilia: "Being aroused or excited by heights, or by performing activities, perhaps of a sexual nature, at great heights." (http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=acrophilia)
    * acrophile: "one who lives in the mountains, one who loves mountain" (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acrophile)
    * apocryphal: "
    • 1. Of questionable authorship or authenticity.
      2. Erroneous; fictitious
      3. Bible Of or having to do with the Apocrypha.

    a·pocry·phal·ly - adv." (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/apocryphal)
    Or is there something else that fits better?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  13. #13
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default


  14. #14
    Senior Member Ish Kabbible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Since the OP is unemployed with free time, why don't you send DC a written proposal within a couple of pages? Who knows

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •