Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Well, I think there's a big difference in concept between Batman, Inc. and BATO. The latter could be interesting, depending on the team make-up and creative team. I'm just not personally that invested in a team of international Batman lookalikes. I'm afraid it would take a writer I really like to even make me willing to sample it. (But I'm willing to concede that others may feel entirely different.)
    In the most recent issues Batman Inc. does feel a lot more like the Outsiders than it did when it first started. I mean, Metamorpho is a member of Inc. now as well as a few other former Outsiders, so I could see the team living on under the name Batman Inc. but carving out its own identity.

I don't know if that would happen but I'd be willing to try it if such a thing did occur.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Whoo - I'm back. Busy day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    That's entirely likely, as Morrison has stated there is a definite ending to this story of Bruce vs Talia. Where did you get the idea that it would be a never-ending custody battle?
    It just sort of has been dragging just like the never ending kids in peril arc in Batwoman. Morrison could learn to be a tad more succinct in his arcs, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Unlike the Batman & Robin title, I'm not sure there's enough interest in these international Batman "wannabes" to keep it going more than 12-18 issues after Morrison leaves. I could be completely wrong about that, though. (But I'm pretty sure I won't be buying it.)
    It would actually be such a focus that would get me to add the book to my pull list. Imagine a completely different writer and artist for each different global location. It would be in the same universe but could almost come across like an anthology series.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 11-29-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: add
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I gotta say, I'm sick to death of this Bruce VS Talia on a world scale with vigilante and ninja monster armies for what is essentially a whacked out version of Kramer VS Kramer (1970's film about divorce & custody battle) for their son Damian.
    Don't read it. Problem solved. That's what I did with Batgirl.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    It just sort of has been dragging just like the never ending kids in peril arc in Batwoman. Morrison could learn to be a tad more succinct in his arcs, IMO.
    Oh, so like last volume of Batman Inc.? Or better yet, Action Comics.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

If it in any way resembles Batman and Robin after Morrison left, they should just end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Hoover View Post
    If it in any way resembles Batman and Robin after Morrison left, they should just end it.
    I didn't care that much for the issues that immediately followed his departure, but I think the DCnU Batman & Robin is great.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I agree the new 52 Batman and Robin has been great.

People that think they are just gonna cancel the book after Morrison leaves are being ridiculous. If that were going to be the case, they would have just kept it as the 12 issue mini-series that it was going to be in the first place.

The whole reason they turned it into an ongoing was so that they could continue past Issue #12, which is when Morrison leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    People that think they are just gonna cancel the book after Morrison leaves are being ridiculous.
    I think the feeling is, we want the series to end just because Morrison is done with it, it is his creation, not because we don't think it will continue. I think we can all agree for the most part that there will be more "Inc" once Morrison is done.
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Hoover View Post
    I agree the new 52 Batman and Robin has been great.
    Agreed. I wish we would see Batman working with Tim Drake for some arcs though. I sometimes grow tired of Damian.

BANNED

I like the idea of it becoming an anthology series and think that's what's most likely to happen to it after Morrison leaves. It probably won't be as good as it is now but it'll probably be good. None of these characters will be getting solo series after the failure of Batwing (I'm shocked it survived this long) and I wouldn't mind seeing solo adventures with them for one arc.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroComplex View Post
    Agreed. I wish we would see Batman working with Tim Drake for some arcs though. I sometimes grow tired of Damian.
    I'd like to see Bruce and Tim too...for at least an arc.

That'd be cool but more on the international members than the other bat-fam characters.

While I love the idea of Global Frequency type afterlife for the Inc book, something tells me that by the end of Morrisons run they set up may be very different to now. Many might not be active or even alive. We'll have to see how it all plays out before we can imagine how Incorporated can continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    People that think they are just gonna cancel the book after Morrison leaves are being ridiculous.
    I'm not thinking they will cancel the book when Morrison leaves but I get a strong feeling that it will not last beyond a year after he leaves. First off there will be the initial group of people that are already planning to drop the title simply because Morrison is leaving because they have already decided that it's worth nothing without Morrison attached to it. Then there will be the group that stayed on a few issues after who will leave because whomever takes it over "just isn't as good as Morrison with the characters". Between the two I expect it will shed most of it's current readership and the ones that are left plus the ones that potentially might turn to the title in the wake of Batwing's likely cancellation (the percentage of which I have no idea on) will likely not be enough to sustain the title for long. Of course this is just speculation on my part but I've heard enough rumblings here, on other forums and at various local comic shops to see this as a viable possibility.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.